Meaning : Originally a boys name of Greek origin meaning 'man from Luciana'. Also means 'light'., From Lucania, Man from Lucania,
Pronunciation : LOOK (English) , luuk, (LOOKE),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Luke:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Luke:
- Luke is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Luke is from Luciana. An alternate spelling of the name Luke includes Luc. It is less commonly a surname. Famous Lukes include country singer Luke Brian, actors Luke Perry and Luke Wilson, and comic artist Luke Ross. Luke Short was an American cowboy and Luke Ravenstahl is the mayor of Pitssburg, Pennsylvania. Fictional characters named Luke include those from television shows, such as The Tribe, Degrassi, Gilmore Girls, Jessie, and General Hospital. The most famous movie Luke is Luke Skywalker, from the Star Wars films, who was named after its creator, George Lucas. WikiName.net users who like the name Luke also tend to like names that are of Hebrew and British origins.
- Middle English vernacular form of Lucas, Latin form of the post-classical Greek name Loukas. This owes its perennial popularity throughout Christian Europe to the fact that, from the second century onwards, the third gospel in the New Testament has been ascribed to the Lucas or Luke mentioned at various places in Acts and in the Epistles. Little is known about him beyond the facts that he was a doctor, a Gentile, and a friend and convert of St Paul. The name was borne by the character Luke Skywalker in the film Star Wars, and rose sharply in popularity during the 1990s.
- Latin Meaning: The name Luke is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Luke is: Light.
- American Meaning: The name Luke is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Luke is: Light.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Luke is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Luke is: Luminous, white'.
- Greek Meaning: The name Luke is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Luke is: Light giving. From Lucania (Lucania was a district of ancient Italy). Luke was the author of the Acts of the Apostles and of the third Gospel in the New Testament, the patron saint of doctors and artists, and was known as 'the beloved physician'.
- Cool and biblical at the same time, Luke is a shorter alternative to the slightly more formal Lucas. Its first popularity surge came after ’77, when the initial Star Wars film (starring the character Luke Skywalker) was released. It continued its climb in the early and mid ’90s, likely thanks in part to Luke Perry’s starring role on Beverly Hills, 90210. (Yes, despite all its biblical history, it took a couple of smash screen debuts to popularize the name.) Though it’s dropped a teensy bit from its peak at number 41 in ’04 and ’05, look for Luke to continue its strong presence on the charts. Bonus: Luke is the patron saint of artists, students, butchers and surgeons, meaning your little guy will be pretty much covered no matter what direction he goes.
- English form of the Greek name Λουκας (Loukas) which meant "from Lucania", Lucania being a region in southern Italy (of uncertain meaning). Saint Luke, the author of the third Gospel and Acts in the New Testament, was a doctor who travelled in the company of Saint Paul. Due to his renown, the name became common in the Christian world (in various spellings). As an English name, Luke has been in use since the 12th century. A famous fictional bearer was the hero Luke Skywalker from the 'Star Wars' movies.
Definition funny of Luke:
- An unladen European swallow once brought me a funny message..........It was from a Luke
- a luke usally has a group of very close friends who he respects and is very loyal to.
- You can tell that he's luke, look at the way he slouches
- Whos that guy sticking to him self? Oh that would be Luke.
- Oh, that's Luke. He's the best guy you'll ever know.
- who's that kid with the heaphones? oh, thats luke!
- dude, you know Jake. ya he is totaly a Luke
Expression information Luke:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Luke:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.
Songs about Luke:
- This Is How We Roll [feat. Luke Bryan] by Florida Georgia Line from the Album Here's To The Good Times...This Is How We Roll
- War Pigs/Luke's Wall by Black Sabbath from the Album Paranoid
- This Is How We Roll (Remix) [feat. Luke Bryan] by Florida Georgia Line from the Album This Is How We Roll (Remix)
- Boys 'Round Here (Celebrity Mix) [feat. Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Ronnie Dunn, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley,... by Blake Shelton from the Album Boys 'Round Here (Celebrity Mix) [feat. Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Ronnie Dunn, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Reba, Josh Turner, Keith Urban & Hank Williams, Jr.]
- Strip It Down (Originally Performed By Luke Bryan) [Instrumental Version] by Radio Remix DJ from the Album Strip It Down (Originally Performed By Luke Bryan) [Instrumental Version] - Single
- War Pigs/Luke's Wall by Black Sabbath from the Album Greatest Hits 1970-1978
- Kick the Dust Up (Originally Performed By Luke Bryan) [Instrumental Version] by Radio Remix DJ from the Album Kick the Dust Up (Originally Performed By Luke Bryan) [Instrumental Version] - Single
- Thinking About You (Laidback Luke Remix) by Calvin Harris feat. Ayah Marar from the Album Thinking About You
- Sweat (feat. Laidback Luke & Ms. Dynamite) by Major Lazer from the Album Free the Universe
- Country Girl (Shake It For Me) (As Made Famous By Luke Bryan) by American Country Hits from the Album Country Girl (Shake It For Me) - Single
Books about Luke:
- Luke: A West Bend Saints Romance - Aug 5, 2015 by Sabrina Paige
- The Book of Luke: My Fight for Truth, Justice, and Liberty City - Aug 4, 2015 by Luther Campbell
- LUKE: Unzipped: Parts 1, 2, & 3 - Mar 3, 2015 by Cassia Leo
- Luke's Perfect Day - Oct 8, 2003 by Stephanie Lunianski
- Hunting Luke: A Short Story - Oct 26, 2014 by Cassia Leo
- LUKE (Brothers In Ink Romance Series Book 3) - May 13, 2015 by Linda Cooper
- Luke and the Magic Umbrella - Apr 27, 2012 by Erin Kay Hennemann and Rich Hennemann
- LUKE: Complete Series - Jan 15, 2013 by Cassia Leo
- Luke (The Cole Brothers Book 3) - Aug 15, 2015 by Samantha Horne
- Redemption: A Romantic Suspense (Luke Fletcher Series Book 3) - Sep 10, 2015 by Karice Bolton
Movies about Luke:
- Cool Hand Luke1967 PG CC
- Cool Hand Luke2008 PG
- The Story of Luke2013 NR CC
- The Dukes of Hazzard: Season 31981 NR
- Lucky Luke2009 NR
- Lucky Luke : Mr Joseph2007 NR
- Luke Bryan Up Close and Personal2015 NR
- The Dukes of Hazzard: Season 51983 NR
- Lucky Luke - Caffe Ole2007 NR
- Lucky Luke - Nobody's Fool2007 NR
Famous about Luke:
- Luke Wilson - actor
- Luke Perry - actor
- Luke Skywalker - character in Star Wars
- Luke Ravenstahl - Pittsburgh Mayor
- Luke Danes - character in Gilmore Girls
Wiki information Luke:
- Gospel of Luke
- Religious Text, Written Work, Adapted Work, Book
The Gospel According to Luke, commonly shortened to the Gospel of Luke or simply Luke, is the third and longest of the four canonical Gospels. It tells of the origins, birth, ministry, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. Luke and Acts...
- Luke the Evangelist
- Physician, Author, Visual Artist, Deceased Person, Name source, Person, Literature Subject, Art Subject
Luke the Evangelist is one of the Four Evangelists—the four authors of canonical Gospels of Jesus Christ. Luke was a native of the Hellenistic city of Antioch in Syria. The early church fathers ascribed to him authorship of both the Gospel according...
- Luke Skywalker
- Film character, Fictional Character, TV Character, Fictional Object Destroyer, Book Character, Quotation addressee, Video Game Character
Luke Skywalker is a fictional character appearing as the central protagonist of the original film trilogy and as a minor character in the prequel trilogy of the Star Wars universe created by George Lucas. The character, portrayed by Mark Hamill, is...
- Luke Cage
- Comic Book Character, Fictional Character, Name source, TV Character
Luke Cage is a fictional superhero appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by Archie Goodwin and John Romita, Sr., he first appeared in Luke Cage, Hero for Hire #1. Imprisoned for a crime he did not commit, he gains superpowers...
- Lukasz Gottwald
- Dance-pop Artist, Record Producer, Award Nominee, Songwriter, Musical Artist, Lyricist, Composer, Person, Film actor, Featured artist
Lukasz Sebastian "Luke" Gottwald, better known as Dr. Luke, is an American songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, and remixer. Dr. Luke's professional music career began in the late night television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live as...
- Lucky Luke
- Comic Book Series, Adapted Work, Fictional Character
Lucky Luke is a Belgian comics series created by Belgian cartoonist Maurice De Bevere, better known as Morris, and for one period written by René Goscinny. Set in the American Old West, it stars the titular character, Lucky Luke, the cowboy known to...
- Luther Campbell
- Miami bass Artist, Composer, Featured artist, Film actor, Record Producer, TV program guest, Social network user, Person, Musical Artist, Musician
Luther Roderick Campbell, also known as Luke Skyywalker, Solo Luke, Uncle Luke, or Luke, is a record label owner, rap performer, and actor. He is perhaps best known as a one-time member and leader of 2 Live Crew, and star of his own short-lived show...
- Guild of Saint Luke
The Guild of Saint Luke was the most common name for a city guild for painters and other artists in early modern Europe, especially in the Low Countries. They were named in honor of the Evangelist Luke, the patron saint of artists, who was identified...
- Luke Bryan
- Country Artist, Composer, Person, Featured artist, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Musician
Thomas Luther "Luke" Bryan is an American country music singer and songwriter. Bryan began his musical career in the mid-2000s, writing songs for his longtime friends from high school and artist Travis Tritt and Billy Currington and releasing his...
- Luke Wilson
- Actor, Celebrity, TV Actor, Film director, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Influence Node, Identity, Film producer
Luke Cunningham Wilson is an American actor known for his roles in films such as Idiocracy, Old School, Bottle Rocket, The Royal Tenenbaums, Blue Streak, Bongwater, and Legally Blonde. He is the brother of actors Andrew and Owen Wilson. He was a...