Meaning : Of Celtic origin meaning 'disciple of Saint Columba'., Follower of St. Columba, Follower Of St. Columba, Devotee of St Columba,
Pronunciation : MAL-kəm , MAL kum, (MAL-com),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Malcolm:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Malcolm:
- Coming from the Gaelic name 'Mael Coluim', meaning 'devotee of St Columba'. Columba, a 6th-century Irish monk, was popular and played a part in converting Scotland to Christianity. Name links include TV show 'Malcolm in the Middle' and Malcolm Glazer (sports-team owner). Also see 1992 film documentary 'Malcolm X'.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Malcolm is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Malcolm is: Servant of Saint Columba.
- American Meaning: The name Malcolm is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Malcolm is: Servant of Saint Columba.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Malcolm is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Malcolm is: Servant/disciple of Columba. Famous Bearers: Conductor Sir Malcolm Sargent and U.S. black militant Malcolm X (Malcolm Little).
- Scottish Meaning: The name Malcolm is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Malcolm is: St. Columb's disciple.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Malcolm is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Malcolm is: The Tragedy of Macbeth' Elder son of King Duncan.
- From Scottish Máel Coluim which means "disciple of Saint COLUMBA". This was the name of four kings of Scotland starting in the 10th century, including Malcolm III, who became king after killing Macbeth, the usurper who had murdered his father. The character Malcolm in Shakespeare's tragedy 'Macbeth' (1606) is based on him. Another famous bearer was Malcolm X (1925-1965), an American civil rights leader.
Definition funny of Malcolm:
- my man is the malcolm of the neighborhood
- Malcolm: You are so beautiful. Girl: Awwww you're so sweet. Malcolm: I love you so much. Girl: I love you too!
- "That malcolm is attempting to browbeat Sheila again."
- Girl: Hey baby Malcolm: Hey sexy how are you today? Girl: I'm ok Malcolm: Oh watcha doin Girl: nothing Malcolm: Oh maybe I can make you have fun by maybe entertaining you ;-)
- Malcolm: Hey wasup? Girl: Hey wana have a threesome with my girlfriend and play COD after with the guys. Malcolm: Ok:D
- That kid is such a Malcolm.
- Dear Lucia, This morning I logged on to facebook, to gladly see that I have received 12 notifications. Although, I was not glad to see that approximately 8 of those notifications were from you liking my comments or posting in a group. Therefore, I have decided to comment rape you, which is probably why you are going to have like 20 notifications. Sincerely, Malcolm Lucia- great Malcolm- ok im done. how many notifications was that? Lucia- 40. i hate you.
Expression information Malcolm:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Malcolm:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Malcolm:
- Sweet Brother Malcolm - Richard Ashcroft
- Malcolm's Theme by Kamasi Washington from the Album The Epic
- When You Gotta Good Friend (feat. Hubert Sumlin, Ruthie Foster & Lightnin' Malcolm ) by Big Head Todd And The Monsters from the Album Big Head Blues Club - 100 Years of Robert Johnson
- #Newgoreorder (Feat. Malcolm McDowell) [Extendd Mix] [Explicit] by Borgore from the Album #Newgoreorder Luxe (Deluxe Edition) [Explicit]
- Malcolm X by The Skatalites from the Album Skatalites & Friends
- Malcolm Is Dead by James Newton Howard from the Album The Sixth Sense (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Malcolm's Story / Cole's Secret by James Newton Howard from the Album The Sixth Sense (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Y.W.N.T.M.D (feat. Steven Malcolm) by Beacon Light from the Album Open Eyes
- Set It off (feat. Steven Malcolm) by George Moss from the Album Set It off (feat. Steven Malcolm)
- Silver Malcolm by Damien Jurado from the Album Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Son
Books about Malcolm:
- Malcolm (Book 1, The Redemption Series) - Jan 19, 2014 by S.J. West
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As Told to Alex Haley - Oct 12, 1987 by Malcolm X and Alex Haley
- Outliers: The Story of Success - Jun 7, 2011 by Malcolm Gladwell
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants - Apr 7, 2015 by Malcolm Gladwell
- Malcolm Under the Stars - Aug 4, 2015 by W. H. Beck and Brian Lies
- What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures - Dec 14, 2010 by Malcolm Gladwell
- Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley, The (MAXNotes Literature Guides) - May 2, 1996 by Anita J. Aboulafia and English Literature Study Guides
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference - Jan 7, 2002 by Malcolm Gladwell
- Malcolm - Oct 2001 by George MacDonald and Michael R. Phillips
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - Apr 3, 2007 by Malcolm Gladwell
Movies about Malcolm:
- Malcolm PG-13 CC
- Malcolm X1992 PG-13 CC
- The Last Days of Malcolm X2011 NR CC
- Malcolm X (Documentary)1972 PG CC
- Firing Line with William F. Buckley Jr. "What's on Malcolm Muggeridge's Mind?"2012 NR CC
- 92Y- Adam Gopnik and Malcolm Gladwell (February 16, 2010)2012 NR CC
- Malcolm X2000 PG-13
- Firing Line with William F. Buckley Jr. - "William F. Buckley Jr., Malcolm Muggeridge, and the World"2010 NR CC
- Firing Line with William F. Buckley Jr. "Remembering Malcolm Muggeridge"1991 Unrated CC
- Malcolm Muggeridge's: A Third Testament Part 32011 NR
Wiki information Malcolm:
- Malcolm X
- Author, Name source, Musician, Public speaker, Organization leader, Organization founder, Topic, Influence Node, Topic, Identity
Malcolm X, born Malcolm Little and also known as el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz, was an American Muslim minister and a human rights activist. To his admirers he was a courageous advocate for the rights of blacks, a man who indicted white America in the...
- Malcolm in the Middle
- TV Sitcom, TV Program, Award-Nominated Work, Netflix Title, Identity, Award-Winning Work, Broadcast, Topic
Malcolm in the Middle is an American sitcom created by Linwood Boomer for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series was first broadcast on January 9, 2000 and ended its six-year run on May 14, 2006, after seven seasons and 151 episodes. The series...
- Malcolm Fraser
- Politician, Person or entity appearing in film, Deceased Person, Political Appointer, Award Winner, Person, Topic, Identity
John Malcolm Fraser AC, CH, GCL was an Australian politician who was the 22nd Prime Minister of Australia and the Leader of the Liberal Party from 1975 to 1983. Elected to the Australian Parliament seat of Wannon in 1955 at the age of 25, Fraser was...
- Malcolm III of Scotland
- Monarch, Politician, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Person, Noble person, Family member
Malcolm was King of Scots from 1058 to 1093. He was later nicknamed Canmore meaning literally "big head" in Scottish Gaelic and euphemistically "Great Chief". Malcolm's long reign, lasting 35 years, preceded the beginning of the Scoto-Norman age. He...
- Malcolm McLaren
- Punk rock Artist, Musical Artist, Record Producer, , Film story contributor, Film actor, Musician, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film music contributor, Topic
Malcolm Robert Andrew McLaren was a British musician, impresario, visual artist, performer, clothes designer and boutique owner, notable for combining these activities in an inventive and provocative way. Raised unconventionally by his grandmother...
- Malcolm McDowell
- Actor, Film actor, Person, Film song performer, Video Game Actor, Featured artist, Musical Artist, Identity, Film writer, Person or entity appearing in film
Malcolm McDowell is an English actor, known for his boisterous and sometimes villainous roles, whose career spans more than five decades. He trained as an actor at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. McDowell is known for the films If....,...
- Malcolm Young
- Hard rock Artist, Guitarist, Influence Node, Topic, Identity, Award Winner, Film music contributor, Lyricist, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film
Malcolm Mitchell Young is an Australian guitarist best known as a founder, rhythm guitarist, backing vocalist and songwriter for the Australian hard rock band AC/DC. Except for a brief absence in 1988, he was with the band from its November 1973...
- Malcolm Turnbull
- Politician, Author, Organization founder, Australian Member of Parliament, Person
Malcolm Bligh Turnbull is an Australian politician who has been the Member of Parliament for Wentworth in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs since 2004. He was the Leader of the Opposition and Leader of the Liberal Party from 2008 to 2009, and has been the...
- Malcolm X
- Biographical Film, Film, Ranked item, Topic, Award-Nominated Work, Award-Winning Work, Netflix Title
Malcolm X is a 1992 American biographical drama film about the African-American activist Malcolm X. Directed and co-written by Spike Lee, the film stars Denzel Washington in the title role, as well as Angela Bassett, Albert Hall, Al Freeman, Jr., and...
- City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Location, Dated location, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area
Malcolm is a village in Lancaster County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Lincoln, Nebraska Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 382 at the 2010 census.