Meaning : Servant of Mars, God of War, Martin comes from the term Mars, the name given to the Roman God of War. May also derive from the Latin for "male"., God of War, Servant Of Mars, God Of War,
Pronunciation : (MAARTahN), MAHR-tən (English), mar-TEN (French), MAHR-teen (German, Finnish), MAHR-tin (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish), MAWR-teen (Hungarian), mahr-TIN (Bulgarian) , MAR tin,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Martin:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Martin:
- The name Martin is derived from the Latin name 'Martinus', itself originally attributed to the Roman God of War, Mars. The name Martin is associated with famous figures including Martin Luther King and filmmaker Martin Scorsese.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Martin is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Martin is: Warring.
- American Meaning: The name Martin is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Martin is: Warring.
- English Meaning: The name Martin is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Martin is: Warrior of Mars.
- Latin Meaning: The name Martin is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Martin is: Of Mars (the Roman god of war); warlike. Famous Bearer: black civil-rights leader Martin Luther King.
- From the Roman name Martinus, which was derived from Martis, the genitive case of the name of the Roman god MARS. Saint Martin of Tours was a 4th-century bishop who is the patron saint of France. According to legend, he came across a cold beggar in the middle of winter so he ripped his cloak in two and gave half of it to the beggar. He was a favourite saint during the Middle Ages, and his name has become common throughout the Christian world. An influential bearer of the name was Martin Luther (1483-1546), the theologian who began the Protestant Reformation. The name was also borne by five popes (two of them more commonly known as Marinus). Other more recent bearers include the German philosopher Martin Heidegger (1889-1976), the American civil rights leader Martin Luther King (1929-1968), and the American filmmaker Martin Scorsese (1942-).
Definition funny of Martin:
- that guy is quiet, but he's a martin
- HOLY CRAP, that boy over there is a real looker! Yeah, he's a Martin.
- Look at that Martin, he is so adorable and cuddly! That boy is so amazing, he must be a Martin!
- wow, i really want to fuck martin.
- Girl #1: Oh look, there goes Martin. Girl #2: Man, I like him a lot, but I don't think he even realizes it because he's such a martin!
- Girl1: I had an amazing experience with my guy last night. Girl2: You know you lucky, he's such a Martin.
- Oh I thought I was gonna give birth to a girl but my friend said it would be a boy and he was right. He's such a Martin!
Expression information Martin:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Martin:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Martin:
- Letter to Dr. Martin Luther King - Sweet Honey in the Rock
- Martin Luther King - Harry Belafonte
- Martin, Doom! It's Seven O'Clock - The Boo Radleys
- Ray Martin Has a Shed Full of Giant Robotic Killer Wasps - Nancy Vandal
- Don't You Worry Child (feat. John Martin) by Swedish House Mafia from the Album Until Now (Deluxe Version)
- Dangerous (feat. Sam Martin) by David Guetta from the Album Dangerous (feat. Sam Martin)
- Aston Martin Music [feat. Chrisette Michele] [Explicit] by Rick Ross from the Album Teflon Don [Explicit]
- Dangerous (feat. Sam Martin) by David Guetta from the Album Listen (Deluxe)
- Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) [feat. John Martin] by Swedish House Mafia from the Album Don't You Worry Child (feat. John Martin)
- Lovers on the Sun (feat. Sam Martin) by David Guetta from the Album Listen (Deluxe)
Books about Martin:
- The Martian - Oct 28, 2014 by Andy Weir
- A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2) - Sep 5, 2000 by George R. R. Martin
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (A Song of Ice and Fire) - Oct 6, 2015 by George R. R. Martin and Gary Gianni
- A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3) - Mar 4, 2003 by George R. R. Martin
- The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) - Oct 28, 2014 by George R. R. Martin and Elio Garcia
- A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire) - Oct 29, 2013 by George R. R. Martin
- A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) - Sep 26, 2006 by George R. R. Martin
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) - Mar 22, 2011 by George R. R. Martin
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be - Aug 25, 2015 by Emily Winfield Martin
- Water from My Heart: A Novel - May 19, 2015 by Charles Martin
Movies about Martin:
- Doc Martin, Series 72015
- Doc Martin Season 22005 CC
- Doc Martin Season 62013 CC
- Doc Martin Season 12004 CC
- Mugshots: Martin Frankel2013 NR CC
- Doc Martin Season 52011 CC
- Doc Martin Season 32007 CC
- Martin: The Complete Second Season1993 CC
- 92Y-Steve Martin (December 9, 2007)2011 NR CC
- Doc Martin Season 42009 CC
Wiki information Martin:
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Pastor, Author, Influence Node, TV Personality, Art Subject, Topic, Public speaker, Person, Identity, Person Or Being In Fiction
Martin Luther King is a fictional character in the film Theme of the Traitor and the Hero.
- Aston Martin
- Automotive industry Business, Organization founder, Consumer company, Employer, Person, Automobile Company, Organization, Business Operation
Aston Martin Lagonda Limited is a British manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers. It was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford. The firm became associated with luxury grand touring cars in the 1950s and 1960s, and with the...
- C. F. Martin & Company
- Musical Instrument Manufacturing Business, Business Operation, Organization, Employer
C.F. Martin & Company is a US guitar manufacturer established in 1833 by Christian Frederick Martin. Martin is highly regarded for its steel-string guitars and is a leading manufacturer of flattop acoustics. Martin instruments can sell for thousands...
- Lockheed Martin
- Aerospace Engineering Business, Organization founder, Literature Subject, Employer, Issuer, Inventor, Aircraft manufacturer, Exhibition sponsor, Award Winner, Business Operation
Lockheed Martin is an American global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company with worldwide interests. It was formed by the merger of Lockheed Corporation with Martin Marietta in March 1995. It is headquartered in Bethesda,...
- Martin of Tours
- Deceased Person, Person, Name source, Art Subject
Martin of Tours was Bishop of Tours, whose shrine in France became a famous stopping-point for pilgrims on the road to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. He has become one of the most familiar and recognisable Christian saints. As he was born in what...
- Martin Luther
- Theologian, Founding Figure, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Literature Subject, Person, Film subject, Featured artist, Musician, Composer
Martin Luther was a German friar, priest and professor of theology who was a seminal figure in the Protestant Reformation. Initially an Augustinian friar, Luther came to reject several teachings and practices of the Roman Catholic Church. He strongly...
- Saint Martin (Island)
- Geographical Feature, Location, Island, Statistical region
Saint Martin is an island in the northeast Caribbean, approximately 300 km east of Puerto Rico. The 87-square-kilometre island is divided roughly 61/39 between France and the Kingdom of the Netherlands; the two parts are roughly equal in population....
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Holiday, Namesake
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is an American federal holiday marking the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around King's birthday, January 15. The holiday is similar to holidays set...
- Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
- College/University, Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Educational Institution, Organization, Location
The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, also referred to as MLU, is a public, research-oriented university in the cities of Halle and Wittenberg within Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. MLU offers German and international courses leading to academic...
- Ricky Martin
- Latin pop Artist, Musical Artist, Record Producer, Film actor, , Featured artist, Broadcast Artist, TV Personality, Person or entity appearing in film, Composer
Enrique Martín Morales, commonly known as Ricky Martin, is a Puerto Rican singer, actor, and author. Martin began his career at age twelve with the all-boy pop group Menudo. After five years with the group, he released several Spanish-language solo...