Meaning : The name Matthew is a biblical name and means 'gift of Yahweh' or 'gift of the Lord'., Gift Of God, Gift of God,
Pronunciation : MATH-yoo (English) , (MAETH-yuw), MATH yoo,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Matthew:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Matthew:
- English form of the name of the Christian evangelist, author of the first gospel in the New Testament. A form of the Hebrew name Mattathia, which means 'a gift from God', Matthew is a name borne by numerous well-known actors. To name but a few; Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Perry, Matt Leblanc and Matt Damon.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Matthew is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Matthew is: Henry VI, Part 2' Matthew Goffe.
- American Meaning: The name Matthew is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Matthew is: Henry VI, Part 2' Matthew Goffe.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Matthew is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Matthew is: Gift of the Lord. In the bible Mathew was one of the 12 apostles. He wrote the first gospel account of the life of Jesus.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Matthew is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Matthew is: Given; a reward.
- If you can forgive the biblical Matthew for being the original tax collector, this is a pretty solid name. St. Matthew was one of the 12 apostles and supposedly wrote the New Testament’s first Gospel. The name’s been in English usage since the Middle Ages and in the American top 10 since 1972. It stayed at number three through the ’80s and ’90s, even reaching number two in 1995 and 1996, and though it’s dipped since then, it’s still in the top 10. If you want something a little less common, consider a cool variation like Mateo or Matthias.
- English form of Ματθαιος (Matthaios), which was a Greek form of the Hebrew name מַתִּתְיָהוּ (Mattityahu) meaning "gift of YAHWEH". Saint Matthew, also called Levi, was one of the twelve apostles. He was a tax collector, and supposedly the author of the first Gospel in the New Testament. As an English name, Matthew has been in use since the Middle Ages.
Expression information Matthew:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Matthew:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Matthew:
- Matthew and Son - Cat Stevens
- St. Matthew - The Monkees
- Wasted [feat. Matthew Koma] by Tiësto from the Album A Town Called Paradise (Deluxe)
- Spectrum [feat. Matthew Koma] by Zedd from the Album Clarity (Deluxe)
- Cheap Sunglasses [feat. Matthew Koma] by RAC from the Album Strangers [+digital booklet]
- Spectrum [feat. Matthew Koma] by Zedd from the Album Clarity
- Superstar (Featuring Matthew Santos) by Lupe Fiasco from the Album Lupe Fiasco's The Cool [Explicit]
- Matthew by John Denver from the Album The Essential John Denver
- Find You [feat. Matthew Koma] by Zedd from the Album Divergent: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Matthew 01 by Bible from the Album KJV New Testament - King James Version (Dramatized)
Books about Matthew:
- Matthew's Dream - Mar 7, 1995 by Leo Lionni
- Matthew (The Jaded Gentlemen) (Volume 2) - Sep 22, 2015 by Grace Burrowes
- Matthew A.B.C. - Jul 1, 2005 by Peter Catalanotto
- Matthew (N.T. Wright for Everyone Bible Study Guides) - Jul 11, 2009 by N. T. Wright and Dale Larsen
- We Are Not Ourselves: A Novel - Jun 2, 2015 by Matthew Thomas
- Matthew (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary) - Feb 28, 2013 by R. C. Sproul
- The Gospel of Matthew (New International Commentary on the New Testament) - Jul 27, 2007 by R.T. France
- Matthew for Everyone, Part 1: Chapters 1-15 (The New Testament for Everyone) - Jan 1, 2004 by Tom Wright
- Matthew: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary) - May 21, 1992 by Craig L. Blomberg
- The Scribe: A Novel - Sep 14, 2015 by Matthew Guinn
Movies about Matthew:
- The Frank Matthews Story2012 NR CC
- Matthew 182014 R CC
- Gospel According to Matthew, The - Part 11995 NR
- The Gospel According to Saint Matthew (English Subtitled)1966 NR
- Bach, St Matthew Passion - Lucy Crowe, John Nelson, Orchestre de Chambre de Paris (No dialog) [HD] G
- Gospel According to St. Matthew2009 NR CC
- Dave Matthews: Europe 20092010 G
- Gospel According to Matthew, The - Part 21995 NR
- 92Y-Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick Discuss The Odd Couple (October 30, 2005)2011 NR CC
- 92Y- Matthew Broderick with Kenneth Lonergan (September 30, 2009)2011 NR CC
Famous about Matthew:
- Matthew McConaughey - actor
- Matthew “Matt” Damon - actor
- Matthew Goode - actor
- Matthew Broderick - actor
- Matthew Fox - actor
Wiki information Matthew:
- Gospel of Matthew
- Religious Text, Name source, Written Work, Literature Subject, Quotation Source, Lyricist, Adapted Work, Film subject, Book
The Gospel According to Matthew is one of the four canonical gospels, one of the three synoptic gospels, and the first book of the New Testament. The narrative tells how the Messiah, Jesus, rejected by Israel, finally sends the disciples to preach...
- Matthew the Apostle
- Deceased Person, Film story contributor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Author, Art Subject, Name source
Matthew the Apostle was, according to the Bible, one of the twelve apostles of Jesus and, according to Christian tradition, one of the four Evangelists.
- Blue-eyed soul Artist, Musical Artist, Organization founder, Music video performer, Film actor, Lyricist, Bassist, Songwriter, Celebrity, Person
Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner CBE, better known by his stage name Sting, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, activist, actor, and philanthropist. He was the principal songwriter, lead singer, and bassist for the new wave...
- St Matthew Passion
The St Matthew Passion, BWV 244 is a Passion, a sacred oratorio written by Johann Sebastian Bach in 1727 for solo voices, double choir and double orchestra, with libretto by Picander. It sets chapters 26 and 27 of the Gospel of Matthew to music, with...
- Matthew C. Perry
- Military Person, Author, Exhibition subject, Person, Deceased Person
Matthew Calbraith Perry was a Commodore of the United States Navy and commanded a number of ships. He served in several wars, most notably in the Mexican–American War and the War of 1812. He played a leading role in the opening of Japan to the West...
- Matthew McConaughey
- Actor, Celebrity, TV Personality, Topic, Influence Node, Award Winner, Identity, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor
Matthew David McConaughey is an American actor and producer. He first gained notice for his breakout role in the coming-of-age comedy Dazed and Confused, and went on to appear in films such as the slasher Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation,...
- Matthew Perry
- Actor, Celebrity, Identity, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Influence Node, Film writer, Film actor, TV Personality, TV program guest
Matthew Langford Perry is a Canadian-American actor and writer. He is mostly known for his role as Chandler Bing on the long-running NBC television sitcom Friends, as well as his portrayal of Ron Clark in the 2006 television movie The Ron Clark...
- Literature Subject, Quotation Subject, Quotation Source
A gospel is an account describing the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. The most widely known examples are the four canonical gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John which are included in the New Testament, but the term is also...
- Matthew Shepard
- Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Deceased Person, Topic, Person, Name source
Matthew Wayne "Matt" Shepard was an American student at the University of Wyoming who was beaten, tortured and left to die near Laramie, Wyoming on the night of October 6, 1998, and died six days later at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins,...
- Matthew Broderick
- Actor, Celebrity, Person, TV Personality, Musical Artist, Film director, Film actor, Film producer, Topic, Award Winner
Matthew Broderick is an American actor. His roles include the title character in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the adult voice of Simba in The Lion King trilogy, and Leo Bloom in the Hollywood and Broadway productions of The Producers. Broderick has won...