Meaning : A biblical name which poses the rhetorical question 'who is like God?', implying that no one is., Who Is Like God?, Who is like God?,
Pronunciation : (MIKE-hael), MY cool, MIE-kəl (English), MI-khah-el (German), MEE-kah-el (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Michael:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Michael:
- A common biblical name in English form, Michael is a name borne by an archangel protector of the Hebrews, regarded as a Catholic saint. Michael was often depicted as bearing a flaming sword. The name is borne by a Persian prince mentioned in the Book of Daniel. Michael has been a relentlessly popular name since the early 20th century. Namesakes exist in great numbers - including Michael Jackson (singer), Michael Jordan (basketball), Michael Moore (director) and Michael Owen (footballer).
- Biblical Meaning: The name Michael is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Michael is: Poor; humble.
- American Meaning: The name Michael is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Michael is: Poor; humble.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Michael is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Michael is: Who is like God? Gift from God. In the Bible, St. Michael was the conqueror of Satan and patron saint of soldiers.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Michael is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Michael is: King Henry IV, Part 1' Sir Michael, a friend to the Archbishop of York. 'Henry VI, Part 2' Michael and his company are followers of Jack Cade, a rebel.
- As number one or two on the charts since 1954, Michael is the naming equivalent of apple pie, baseball, or the Fourth of July. It’s spawned both male (Mick) and female (Michele: feminine French form of Michel) variations, as well as last names like McMichael and Carmichael. The infatuation doesn’t stop in the US -- it’s hugely popular in tons of other countries, in both the Michael version and variations like Mikhail (Russian) and Miguel (Mexico, Spain and Portugal). The name’s got a big history too. St. Michael is one of the seven Hebrew archangels and leads the heavenly armies -- making him the patron saint of soldiers. He’s also said to be the one closest to God. The name has been common in Europe since the Middle Ages and has been bestowed on roughly a billion emperors, tsars, kings, and princes. In other words, your little Mikey will be in good company.
- From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Michael is one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers. The popularity of the saint led to the name being used by nine Byzantine emperors, including Michael VIII Palaeologus who restored the empire in the 13th century. It has been common in Western Europe since the Middle Ages, and in England since the 12th century. It has been borne (in various spellings) by rulers of Russia (spelled Михаил), Romania (Mihai), Poland (Michał), and Portugal (Miguel). Other bearers of this name include the British chemist/physicist Michael Faraday (1791-1867), musician Michael Jackson (1958-2009), and basketball player Michael Jordan (1963-).
Definition funny of Michael:
- Michael a very cool person.
- Michael drove Satan and his armies from heaven.
- "Hey, did you see Michael doin work when he was at the mini horse rodeo?"
- "I love Michael, he is a gentleman." "Michael? That's a common name, but aren't you amazing!"
- Michael, I love you!
- "I am addicted to Michael." "You are my yellow bird."
- Wow that Michael was such a cool guy! We have 3 Michaels in our class
Expression information Michael:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Michael:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Michael:
- Crazy Man Michael - Fairport Convention
- For Michael Collins, Jeffrey and Me - Jethro Tull
- Message To Michael - Dionne Warwick
- Michael - Franz Ferdinand
- Michael - Terry Kitchen
- Michael and the Slipper Tree - The Equals
- Michael Caine - Madness
- Michael from Mountains - Joni Mitchell
- Michael's Matches - Capercaillie
- Michael, Row the Boat Ashore - traditional, Harry Belafonte, Pete Seeger, The Weavers
Books about Michael:
- Michael Vey 5: Storm of Lightning - Sep 15, 2015 by Richard Paul Evans
- The Crossing (Harry Bosch) - Nov 3, 2015 by Michael Connelly
- The Burning Room (Harry Bosch) - Mar 17, 2015 by Michael Connelly
- Michael Symon's 5 in 5 for Every Season: 165 Quick Dinners, Sides, Holiday Dishes, and More - Sep 22, 2015 by Michael Symon and Douglas Trattner
- Locke and Load (Dangerous Curves Series Book 2) - Sep 14, 2015 by Donna Michaels
- Fairytale Shifters: Beauty and the Beast - Sep 2, 2015 by Sean Michael
- The Crossing -- Free Preview -- The First 9 Chapters (A Harry Bosch Novel) - Sep 8, 2015 by Michael Connelly
- Double Down (The Men Of The Sisterhood) - Sep 29, 2015 by Fern Michaels
- Michael Vey 4: Hunt for Jade Dragon - May 5, 2015 by Richard Paul Evans
- Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Book 1) - Jul 10, 2012 by Richard Paul Evans
Movies about Michael:
- Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred Season 11997 CC
- Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown2010 NR CC
- Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack2010 NR CC
- Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism2010 NR CC
- Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones2010 NR CC
- Jillian Michaels: Shred-It With Weight2010 NR CC
- Music Box Biographical Collection: Michael Jackson2015 NR CC
- An Unreal Dream: The Michael Morton Story2013 NR CC
- Jillian Michaels: One Week Shred2014 NR CC
- Michael Moore Hates America2004 R CC
Famous about Michael:
- Michael Jordan - former basketball player
- Michael Douglas - actor
- Michael Jackson - singer
- Michael Cera - actor
- Michael Kors - fashion designer
Infamous about Michael:
- Michael "Mike" Tyson - boxer
- Michael David Barrett - convicted stalker
Wiki information Michael:
- Film character, Book Character, Fictional Character, Literature Subject, Name source, Dedicatee, Art Subject
Michael is an archangel in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Roman Catholics, the Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, and Lutherans refer to him as "Saint Michael the Archangel" and also as "Saint Michael". Orthodox Christians refer to him as the "Taxiarch...
- Order of St Michael and St George
- Order of Chivalry, Namesake, Noble title
The Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George is a British order of chivalry founded on 28 April 1818 by George, Prince Regent, later King George IV, while he was acting as Prince Regent for his father, King George III. It is named...
- Michael Jackson
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Celebrity, Record Producer, Family member, Film producer, Composer, Film actor, TV Actor, Quotation Subject, Award Winner
Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American recording artist, dancer, singer-songwriter, musician, and philanthropist. Referred to as the King of Pop, Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time...
- Michael Jordan
- Olympic Basketball Player, Celebrity, Olympic athlete, Sports Team Owner, TV Actor, Author, Name source, TV subject, Award Winner, TV Personality
Michael Jeffrey Jordan, also known by his initials, MJ, is an American former professional basketball player. He is also a businessman, and principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets. Jordan played 15 seasons in the National Basketball...
Michaelmas /ˈmɪkəlməs/, the feast of Saint Michael the Archangel, is a day in the Western Christian liturgical year that occurs on 29 September. In medieval England, Michaelmas marked the ending and beginning of the husbandman's year, George C....
- Michael Bloomberg
- Politician, Organization founder, Topic, Award Nominee, Website Owner, Political Appointer, Name source, Film actor, TV Actor, Topic
Michael Rubens Bloomberg KBE is an American business magnate, politician, and philanthropist. He served as the 108th Mayor of New York City, holding office for three consecutive terms beginning with his first election in 2001. With a net worth of...
- Shooting of Michael Brown
- Event, Literature Subject
The shooting of Michael Brown occurred on August 9, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. Brown, an 18-year-old black man, was fatally shot by Darren Wilson, 28, a white Ferguson police officer. The disputed circumstances of the...
- Michael Kors
- Organisation leader, TV Actor, Topic, Identity, Person, Topic, Award Winner, Influence Node, TV Personality, Person or entity appearing in film
Michael Kors is a New York City-based fashion designer of American sportswear. He is the honorary chairman and chief creative officer for his company, Michael Kors Holdings Limited, which deals in fashion accessories. Kors was the first women’s...
- Celebrity, Award Nominee, Composer, Social network user, Musician, Organization founder, Person, Musical Artist, Film actor, Lyricist
Michael Ray Nguyen-Stevenson, known by his stage name Tyga, is an American rapper from Gardena, California. In 2011, Tyga signed a recording contract with Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Republic Records. He first received...
- Michael Crichton
- Author, Award Nominee, Physician, Person, Dedicator, Topic, TV Writer, Award Winner, Film producer, Person or entity appearing in film
John Michael Crichton /ˈdʒɒn ˈmaɪkəl ˈkraɪtən/, MD was an American best-selling author, physician, producer, director and screenwriter, best known for his work in the science fiction, medical fiction and thriller genres. His books have sold over 200...