Meaning : Means "Soldier" "Favor" "Grace". Older form of Miles is Milo from possibly Roman., Soldier, Mild and Merciful,
Pronunciation : MIELZ, MIE-əlz , (MAYLZ), MY ulls,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Miles:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Miles:
- Miles, also spelt Myles, is hard to trace the origin and definition of. It is thought to possibly have come from the Latin name Milo, which means ‘Mild and Merciful’. It could also have come into usage as a shortened form of Michael. Miles is most usually a surname but also is used more and more as a boy’s first name.
- Irish Meaning: The name Miles is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Miles is: Servant.
- American Meaning: The name Miles is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Miles is: Servant.
- English Meaning: The name Miles is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Miles is: Merciful.
- Latin Meaning: The name Miles is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Miles is: Soldier.
- Greek Meaning: The name Miles is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Miles is: Destroyer.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Miles is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Miles is: Who is like God? Gift from God.
- From the Germanic name Milo, introduced by the Normans to England in the form Miles. The meaning is not known for certain. It is possibly connected to the Slavic name element milu meaning "gracious". From an early date it was associated with Latin miles "soldier".
Definition funny of Miles:
- Guy 1: "Hey who's that guy?" Guy 2: "Oh that's Miles, he's one of the chillest people you'll ever meet." Girl 1: "Not only that but I think he's pretty good looking too!"
- Person 1 hey who's that guy? Person 2 that's miles he's fit.
- "Miles is my favorite person."
- That last attempt was miles better. 1 mile is about 1600 metres.
- Wow, look at that smile! It must be Miles!
- Wow! I haven\'t heard that word in a mile.
- hey, did you see that dirty kid over there? he looked like such a miles.
Expression information Miles:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information Miles:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Miles:
- For Miles - Thrice
- I Feel Love (Every Million Miles) by The Dead Weather from the Album Dodge and Burn
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers from the Album Sunshine On Leith
- A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton from the Album Be Not Nobody
- A Thousand Miles From Nowhere (Remastered Version) by Dwight Yoakam from the Album The Very Best Of Dwight Yoakam
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by Sleeping At Last from the Album I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers from the Album 90's Hits
- More Than Miles by Brantley Gilbert from the Album Halfway To Heaven (Deluxe Edition)
- 100 Miles And Runnin' [Explicit] by N.W.A. from the Album 100 Miles And Runnin' [Explicit]
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers from the Album 80's Super Hits
Books about Miles:
- Miles - Sep 20, 2011 by Miles Davis
- When Miles Got Mad - Apr 11, 2013 by Sam Kurtzman-Counter and Abbie Schiller
- Miles: The Autobiography - Sep 15, 1990 by Miles Davis and Quincy Troupe
- World of Reading: Miles From Tomorrowland Who Stole the Stellosphere?: Level 1 - Jul 7, 2015 by Disney Book Group and Disney Storybook Art Team
- Miles to the Finish - May 27, 2014 by Jamie Harper
- Miles to Go - Aug 6, 2013 by Jamie Harper
- Miles (My Way Series) (Volume 2) - Apr 26, 2014 by H.J. Bellus
- Miles and the Sneaky Squirrels - Jul 14, 2015 by Jamie Ruthenberg
- Miles is the Boss of His Body (Safety) - Sep 16, 2014 by Samantha Kurtzman-Counter and Abbie Schiller
- Inch and Miles: The Journey to Success - Sep 1, 2003 by John R. Wooden and Susan F. Cornelison
Movies about Miles:
- Miles from Tomorrowland Volume 12015 CC
- Mile... Mile and a Half2013 NR CC
- 9 Miles Down2013 NR CC
- 8 Mile2002 R CC
- Miles from Tomorrowland Volume 22015 CC
- The Green Mile [HD]1999 R CC
- Leslie Sansone: 5 Mega Miles2013 NR CC
- Miles To Go2015 NR CC
- Leslie Sansone: 4 Really Big Miles2008 NR CC
- Walk Away The Pounds: 2 Mile High Calorie Burn w/ Leslie Sansone2007 NR CC
Wiki information Miles:
- Miles Davis
- Bandleader, Musical Artist, Composer, Lyricist, Musician, Influence Node, TV Actor, Author, Film music contributor, Hall of fame inductee
Miles Dewey Davis III was an American jazz musician, trumpeter, bandleader, and composer. Widely considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, Miles Davis was, together with his musical groups, at the forefront of several...
- Nautical mile
- Unit of Length, Unit Profile, , Unit
A nautical mile is a unit of distance that is approximately one minute of arc measured along any meridian. By international agreement it has been set at 1,852 metres exactly. It is a non-SI unit used especially by navigators at sea and in the air,...
- Unit of Length, , Unit Profile, Unit
The mile is an English unit of length equal to 1,760 yards and standardised as exactly 1.609344 kilometres by international agreement in 1959. With qualifiers, "mile" is also used to describe or translate a wide range of units derived from or roughly...
- Miles per hour
- Unit of Speed, Unit, Unit Profile,
Miles per hour is an imperial and United States customary unit of speed expressing the number of statute miles covered in one hour. Although kilometres per hour is now used worldwide, miles per hour remains the standard unit for speed limits in the...
- Nelson A. Miles
- Military Person, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Name source, Author, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Deceased Person
Nelson Appleton Miles was a United States soldier who served in the American Civil War, Indian Wars, and the Spanish–American War.
- Miles Teller
- Actor, Film actor, Award Nominee, Person, Topic
Miles Alexander Teller is an American actor and musician. He made his feature film debut in Rabbit Hole. Since then, he has acted in Footloose, Project X, and That Awkward Moment. Teller had the lead roles in the critically acclaimed films The...
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
- Comic Book Character, Fictional Character
Miles Morales is a fictional superhero who appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics, in particular the monthly series Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man. The character was created by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli, with Bendis...
- Buddy Miles
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musical Artist, Topic, Broadcast Artist, Deceased Person, TV Actor, Lyricist, Featured artist, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film
George Allen Miles, Jr., known professionally as Buddy Miles, was an American rock drummer, vocalist, composer, and producer. He was a founding member of The Electric Flag, a member of Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys, founder and leader of the Buddy...
- C. J. Miles
- Basketball Player, Drafted athlete, Measured person, Identity, Athlete, Person
Calvin Andre "C. J." Miles, Jr. is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Indiana Pacers of the National Basketball Association. A native of Dallas, Miles was drafted in 2005 by the Utah Jazz after finishing high...
- Miles College
- College/University, Organization, Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Location, Business Operation, Educational Institution, Nonprofit organization
Miles College is a historically black college founded in 1898. It is located in Fairfield, Alabama, six miles west of Birmingham. It is a private liberal arts institution of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. Miles College is also a member of...