Meaning : Rebelliousness, Originated in the Old testament of the bible as the elder sister of Moses and Aaron, Miriam means 'rebellious'., Of the Sea or Bitter, Of The Sea Or Bitter,
Pronunciation : Mi Ree Ham, MIR-ee-əm (English) , (MIR-I-am),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Miriam:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Miriam:
- This female name was also spelt as Maryam, which show much more clearly how the name is an old version of the Biblical name Mary, and can most commonly be found in English, French and German speaking countries. It is thought the name derives from the Hebrew ‘leharim’, meaning ‘to raise’ and also the Hebrew ‘mar’ which means bitterness.
- Armenian Meaning: The name Miriam is an Armenian baby name. In Armenian the meaning of the name Miriam is: Rebellious.
- American Meaning: The name Miriam is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Miriam is: Rebellious.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Miriam is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Miriam is: Rebellion.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Miriam is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Miriam is: Rebellious. In the Old Testament, Miriam was the sister of Moses and Aaron.
- Original Hebrew form of MARY. It is used in the Old Testament, where it belongs to the elder sister of Moses and Aaron. It has long been popular among Jews, and it has been used as an English Christian name since the Protestant Reformation.
Definition funny of Miriam:
- "We have double English today, FML!" "Shut the fuck up, Miriam's in our class; man I love that girl" "No way man, she's such a fucking tease, you'll never get her" "I know. Fuck my life man. Just shoot me now." ''The new girl's kinda hot!" "Oh, I heard she's into like old-school horror, metal and is a real wild child. She's fucking cool man. But apparently she likes that fat dude in the year above..." "No way man. Awh, she's such a Miriam"
- ''Omg...omg...that's, that's...that's perfection.'' ''That's a Miriam.''
- suzy wins at everything, at least until the ultimate contest when her knee gives out and she flops badly. She is such a miriam.
- Joe : " she is such a miriam " John : " Her friend is a miriam too "
- Woahh, that new girl is so hot.... She reminds me of Miriam.
- "Damn look at that Miriam! Gotta love her!"
- Boy 1: Hey, did you get a chance to talk to that hot girl over there? Boy 2: Yeah, I did. She's such a Miriam!
Expression information Miriam:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Miriam:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Miriam:
- Find You [feat. Miriam Bryant] by Zedd from the Album Find You
- Push Play [feat. Miriam Bryant] by Zedd from the Album Clarity (Deluxe)
- Miriam by Norah Jones from the Album Little Broken Hearts
- Find You (Acoustic - Live In Los Angeles) [feat. Miriam Bryant] by Zedd from the Album Find You (Acoustic - Live In Los Angeles)
- Find You (Tritonal Remix) [feat. Miriam Bryant] by Zedd from the Album Find You
- Find You (Kevin Drew Remix) [feat. Miriam Bryant] by Zedd from the Album Find You
- Pata-Pata (a dúo con Miriam Makeba) (Album Version) by Chayanne (a dúo con Miriam Makeba) from the Album Chayanne
- Ya Bai Miriam (feat. El-Funoun) by Quentin Dujardin from the Album Distances
- Beautiful Mile (feat. Miriam Springer) by Scott Allan Mathews from the Album Home Run: Songs from and Inspired By the Motion Picture
- Find You (Froxic Remix) [feat. Miriam Bryant] by Zedd from the Album Find You
Books about Miriam:
- Something Sweet: Desserts, Baked Goods, and Treats for Every Occasion - Aug 26, 2015 by Miriam Pascal
- Miriam Haskell Jewelry - Mar 28, 2010 by Cathy Gordon and Sheila Pamfiloff
- Will I Have a Friend? - Aug 31, 1989 by Miriam Cohen and Lillian Hoban
- All My Puny Sorrows - Jul 28, 2015 by Miriam Toews
- Miriam and the Stranger (Land of Promise) - Oct 1, 2015 by Jerry S. Eicher
- National Geographic Readers: Storms! - Apr 14, 2009 by Miriam Goin
- Healing Through the Dark Emotions: The Wisdom of Grief, Fear, and Despair - May 11, 2004 by Miriam Greenspan
- Feminism: The Essential Historical Writings - Jun 28, 1994 by Miriam Schneir
- Miriam's Story: Part 2 Romance in Amish Country - Aug 13, 2013 by Melanie Schmidt
- Blackbirds (Miriam Black) - Sep 15, 2015 by Chuck Wendig
Movies about Miriam:
- The Dancing Word: Miriam and Mary2006 NR CC
- 92Y Resource Center for Jewish Diversity: Miriam's Mosaic: Diverse Women of the Rabbinate (December 16, 2010)2012 NR CC
- Control2007 R
- The Fall Of The Roman Empire1964 NR
- My Blueberry Nights2008 PG-13
- Veggie Tales: Heroes of the Bible 3 Great Stories about Moses, Miriam and Joseph2009 NR
- Joy Division2006 NR
- "The Voice: A Spiritual Approach to Singing, Speaking and Communicating." Masterclass in Hebrew taught by Miriam...2015 NR
- Miriam E. Nelson Ph. D: Strong Women - Weight Loss2008 NR
- Gluck - Orphée et Eurydice / David Hobson, Amanda Thane, Miriam Gormley, Marco Guidarini, Opera Australia2006 NR
Wiki information Miriam:
- Religious Leader, Name source, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Miriam was the elder sister of Moses and Aaron, and the only daughter of Amram and Yocheved. She appears first in the Book of Exodus in the Hebrew Bible.
- Electronic dance Artist, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Award Nominee, Musical Group
Miriam Nervo and Olivia Nervo are the Australian DJs, musicians and songwriters, better known by their stage name Nervo. After signing with Sony/ATV Music Publishing at 18 years of age, the sisters pursued careers as songwriting partners and in 2008...
- Miriam Makeba
- Afrobeat Artist, Musical Artist, Award Nominee, Film actor, Composer, TV Actor, Award Winner, Film music contributor, Featured artist, Musician
Zenzile Miriam Makeba, nicknamed Mama Africa, was a South African singer and civil rights activist. In the 1960s, she was the first artist from Africa to popularize African music around the world. She is best known for the song "Pata Pata", first...
- Miriam Margolyes
- Actor, Film actor, Award Nominee, Theater Actor, Award Winner, Musician, TV Personality, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Person
Miriam Margolyes OBE is an English-Australian character actress and voice artist. Her earliest roles were in theatre and after several supporting roles in film and television she won a BAFTA Award for her role in The Age of Innocence and went on to...
- Dance-pop Artist, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Composer, Record Producer, TV program guest, Social network user, Person, TV Actor, Broadcast Artist
Robin Miriam Carlsson, known as Robyn, is a Swedish recording artist. Robyn became known in the late nineties for her worldwide dance-pop hit "Do You Know" from her debut album Robyn Is Here. The popularity of her U.K. #1 song "With Every Heartbeat"...
- Miriam A. Ferguson
- Politician, Person, Deceased Person
Miriam Amanda Wallace "Ma" Ferguson was the first female Governor of Texas in 1925. She held office until 1927, later winning another term in 1932 and serving until 1935.
- Miriam Defensor Santiago
- Politician, Person, Identity, Award Winner, Author
Miriam Defensor Santiago is a Filipino politician, notable for having served in all three branches of the Philippine government – judicial, executive, and legislative. Santiago was named one of The 100 Most Powerful Women in the World in 1997 by The...
- Miriam Yeung
- Actor, Film actor, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Musical Artist, Person, TV Actor, Musician
Miriam Yeung, RN, is a Hong Kong actress and Cantopop singer. Before entering the entertainment business, she was a registered nurse at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Hong Kong. She studied at the Holy Family Canossian College Kowloon. She entered...
- Pornographic actor, TV Actor, Measured person, Person
Miriam Rivera is a Mexican transsexual woman who appeared on the reality television shows There's Something About Miriam and Big Brother Australia 2004. Miriam has also worked as an adult model under the name Victoria and as a non-adult model.
- Miriam Gössner
- Biathlete, Olympic athlete, Measured person, Athlete, Person
Miriam Gössner is a German biathlete and cross-country skier. She has won an Olympic silver medal in cross-country skiing and two biathlon world championship titles, all in team events. Noted for her fast skiing performances, she won two junior world...