Meaning : Of the Sea or Bitter, Of The Sea Or Bitter,
Pronunciation : MOI-ra ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Moira:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Moira:
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Moira is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Moira is: Bitter.
- Irish Meaning: The name Moira is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Moira is: Bitter.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Moira is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Moira is: Bitter.
- American Meaning: The name Moira is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Moira is: Bitter.
- Latin Meaning: The name Moira is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Moira is: Fate.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Moira is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Moira is: Exceptional.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Moira is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Moira is: Wished-for child; rebellion; bitter.
- Greek Meaning: The name Moira is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Moira is: Merit.
- Anglicized form of MÁIRE. It also coincides with Greek Μοιρα (Moira) meaning "fate, destiny", the singular of Μοιραι, the Greek name for the Fates. They were the three female personifications of destiny in Greek mythology.
Definition funny of Moira:
- We weren't surprised when that crazy girl in the corner pulled a Moira on everyone.
- The Moira in her kept her going through her battle with the string armed man.
- daym moiras lookin fine,look at that booty she be packin
- Moira the Celtic version of the name Mary. Mary is the usual English form of Maria, which was the Latin form of the New Testament Greek names Μαριαμ (Mariam) and Μαρια (Maria) - the spellings are interchangeable - which were from the Hebrew name מִרְיָם (Miryam). The meaning is not known for certain, but there are several theories including "sea of bitterness", "rebelliousness", and "wished for child". However it was most likely originally an Egyptian name, perhaps derived in part from mry "beloved" or mr "love".
- jade: oh my that moira is so lovely bob:yeah she's great fun!!
- Damn she looks like a 18 year old goddess usually but on halloween, bitch did she pull a moira or whaaaaa
- Guy 1: Yo, thought you were going out tonight with that girl? Guy 2: Yeah so did I, she quit talking to me last week for no reason. Guy 1: Thought you organized a date and everything? Guy 2: Yeah we did. Guy 1: Damn, sounds like you got moira'd hard. Guy 1: Oh damn! who's that? Guy 2: This girl I met the other night. Sure hope she doesn't moira me like the last bitch did.
Expression information Moira:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Moira:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Moira:
- Moira Jane's Cafe (Edit) by Definition Of Sound from the Album Love And Life
- How Are Things in Glocca Moira by Jeannie Carson from the Album Finian's Rainbow (The Original Cast of 1960 Broadway Production) [Remastered]
- So Sensual (Adani & Wolf vs. Moira Monsoon) by Moira Monsoon Adani & Wolf from the Album Adani & Wolf
- Moira by The Poets Of Rhythm from the Album Discern / Define
- The Abergeldie Castle Set - Lord Moira's Hornpipe (Ryan's Collection, Boston 1883) by Jordi Savall from the Album The Celtic Viol II
- The Admiral's Waltz (feat. Moira Smiley (Accordion)) by Molly's Revenge from the Album Aged 10 Years
- Afou h moira me ekane ftoxi by Stella Xaskil from the Album Stella Xaskil, No. 3
- Afou I Moira M Ekane Ftohi by Apostolos Hatzichristos from the Album Kardia Paraponiara (Authentic 78 Rpm Recordings 1948-1953)
- Afou I moira m ekane ftohi - ???? ? ????? ?' ????? ????? by Stella Haskil from the Album Kardia paraponiara (Recordings 1948-1953)
- Afou I Moira M' Ekane Ftohi by Stella Haskil from the Album To Karavani
Books about Moira:
- The Last Will of Moira Leahy: a novel - May 7, 2015 by Therese Walsh
- Moira: Story of a blind, deaf and dumb girl - Mar 2, 2014 by Rajan Schrenick
- Moira's Birthday (Classic Munsch) - Feb 1, 1992 by Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko
- Crux (Southern Arcana Book 1) - Mar 3, 2009 by Moira Rogers
- NO-NONSENSE GUIDE TO PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS: INCLUDING MENTAL EFFECTS OF COMMON NON-PSYCH MEDICATIONS - Sep 6, 2015 by Moira Dolan and Alex Croft
- Wilder's Mate: Bloodhounds, Book 1 - Mar 8, 2011 by Moira Rogers
- Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass Book 1) - Oct 21, 2008 by Moira Rogers
- Shadow's End (Light & Shadow series Book 3) - Apr 9, 2013 by Moira Katson
- Raging Star (Dust Lands) - May 13, 2014 by Moira Young
- Rebel Heart (Dust Lands) - Oct 1, 2013 by Moira Young
Movies about Moira:
- Moiras Birthday1993 NR by Munsch,Robert
- Ultimate Balanace Stott Pilates the Contemporary Approach with Moira & PJ2002 by Moira Merrithew and P. J. O'Clair
- Kellogg's Special K Presents Stott Pilates Basics Essential Matwork Moves with Master Instructor-Trainer Moira... by Kellogg's
- STOTT PILATES FIRM & FIT WITH MOIRA PLUS, THE SECRET TO FLAT ABS WITH MOIRA-SET OF 2 -SEALED IN CASE
- Stott Pilates Basic Pilates with Moira
- Intermediate Matwork with Moira Stott and Beth Evans1998 NR by Moira Stott and Beth Evans
- Stott Pilates - The Secret to Flat Abs with Moira
- Stott Pilates, Sculpt and Tone with Moira2000
- ESPECTRO REGRESO A MOIRA2000
- Las Zapatillas Rojas (Blu-Ray) (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone B2) (2012) Moira Shearer; Anton Walbrook1948
Wiki information Moira:
- Moira MacTaggert
- Comic Book Character, Fictional Character, Film character
Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly in association with the X-Men. She works as a geneticist and is an expert in mutant affairs. Olivia Williams played a...
- Administrative Division, Location, Dated location, City/Town/Village, Statistical region
Moira is a village and civil parish in County Down, Northern Ireland. It is in the northwest of the county, near the borders with counties Antrim and Armagh. The M1 motorway and Belfast–Dublin railway line are nearby. The settlement has existed since...
- Moira Kelly
- Actor, Film actor, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, TV Director, Award Winner, TV Actor, Influence Node
Moira Kelly is an American actress. She played Dorothy Day in Entertaining Angels: The Dorothy Day Story, Kate Moseley in the 1992 film The Cutting Edge, as well as single mother Karen Roe on the teen drama One Tree Hill, White House media consultant...
- City/Town/Village, Location, Statistical region, Dated location
Moira is a former mining village about 2.5 miles west of Ashby-de-la-Zouch in North West Leicestershire, England. The village is about 3 miles miles south of Swadlincote and forms part of the boundary with Derbyshire. For centuries North West...
- City/Town/Village, Location, Dated location, Statistical region
Moira is a town in Franklin County, New York, United States. The population was 2,934 at the 2010 census. Moira is located on the western border of Franklin County and is west of the Village of Malone.
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Character Species, Character Rank
In Greek mythology, the Moirai —often known in English as the Fates—were the white-robed incarnations of destiny. Their number became fixed at three: Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos. They controlled the mother thread of lifestyle of every mortal from...
- Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings
- Politician, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Noble person, Author, Architectural structure owner
Francis Edward Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings KG PC, styled The Honourable Francis Rawdon from birth until 1762, as The Lord Rawdon between 1762 and 1783, and known as The Earl of Moira between 1793 and 1816, was an Anglo-Irish British...
- Moira Orfei
- Actor, Film actor, Person, Topic, Influence Node
Moira Orfei, a popular Italian actress and television personality. Moira is considered the queen of the Italian circus.
- Rock opera Album, Musical Album
Moira is the sixth story CD released by the fantasy band Sound Horizon. It was released on September 3, 2008 through King Records. This album is the first and only to feature vocalists Takashi Utsunomiya, Yoshimi Iwasaki and Ayaka Naito. It is also...
- Moira Shearer
- Ballerina, Film actor, TV Actor, Identity, Deceased Person, Person, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Author
Moira Shearer, Lady Kennedy, was an internationally renowned British ballet dancer and actress.