Meaning : Born of a god, Of Hebrew origin meaning 'to be drawn from' refering to the way in which the baby Moses was saved pulled from the among the bull rushs., Born Of A God,
Pronunciation : (MO-zes), MOZ-əs (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Moses:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Moses:
- Biblical Meaning: The name Moses is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Moses is: Taken out, drawn forth'.
- American Meaning: The name Moses is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Moses is: Taken out, drawn forth'.
- Egyptian Meaning: The name Moses is an Egyptian baby name. In Egyptian the meaning of the name Moses is: Son. In the bible, Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt in search of the promised land. In a different biblical story, when Moses came down from the mount, he brought with him the Ten Commandments given to him by God for mankind to follow.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Moses is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Moses is: Saved from the water.
- From the Hebrew name מֹשֶׁה (Mosheh) which is most likely derived from Egyptian mes meaning "son", but could also possibly mean "deliver" in Hebrew. The meaning suggested in the Old Testament of "drew out" from Hebrew משה (mashah) is probably an invented etymology. The biblical Moses was drawn out of the Nile by the pharaoh's daughter. He led the Jews out of captivity in Egypt and received the Ten Commandments from God. In England, this name has been commonly used by Christians since the Protestant Reformation, though it had long been popular among Jews.
Definition funny of Moses:
- Moses means 'drawn from the reeds.' It is debated whether or not Moses Malone was drawn from the reeds, too.
- Yo moses, howzit goin homeslice!
- 1.) That rebel just pulled a moses on us, and now we're going to get run over. 2.) Dude, I'm going to pull a moses and stop traffic.
- Damn did you see Moses?? he's looking pretty damn good tonite
- -The greatest, most intelligent move the devil has ever made is making us believe that he doesn't exist...
- Exodus 4: 21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. 22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: 23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn. 24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
- Damn, I'm bored! Can you hook up some Mose? You got a pipe? Let's go Mose! Damn, I been smoking all day! I'm Mose right now!
Expression information Moses:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Moses:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Moses:
- Amos Moses - Jerry Reed, Primus, Sensational Alex Harvey Band
- Books of Moses - Tom Waits
- Get Down Moses - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
- Moses - Patty Griffin
- Moses [feat. Chris Brown] [Explicit] by French Montana from the Album Moses [Explicit]
- Amos Moses by Jerry Reed from the Album The Essential Jerry Reed
- Moses [feat. Chris Brown] [Clean] by French Montana from the Album Moses [Clean]
- Only Right (feat. YG, Joe Moses & TeeCee4800) [Explicit] by Ty Dolla $ign from the Album Only Right (feat. YG, Joe Moses & TeeCee4800) [Explicit]
- Shadow Moses [Explicit] by Bring Me The Horizon from the Album Sempiternal [Explicit]
- Only Right (feat. YG, Joe Moses & TeeCee4800) [Explicit] by Ty Dolla $ign from the Album Free TC [Explicit]
Books about Moses:
- Great Lives: Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication (Great Lives Series) - Jun 28, 2009 by Charles R. Swindoll
- The Prophet Moses - Jan 18, 2011 by Harun Yahya
- Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom (Caldecott Honor Book) - Aug 8, 2006 by Carole Boston Weatherford and Kadir Nelson
- The Law of Moses - Nov 18, 2014 by Amy Harmon
- The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World - Mar 1, 2010 by James F. Twyman
- Moses and the Gods of Egypt : Studies in Exodus - Jul 1, 1998 by John J. Davis and John J. Davis
- Moses - Steps to a Life of Faith - Nov 22, 2011 by Bob Saffrin
- Moses Servant Of God - Jun 2, 2014 by F.B. Meyer
- The Moses Basket - Aug 1, 2003 by Jenny Koralek and Pauline Baynes
- Moses: A Life - Nov 2, 1999 by Jonathan Kirsch
Movies about Moses:
- Prince Stories: Secret of the Hunchback / Young Hercules / Moses: Prince of Egypt1996 CC
- Moses: Man of God2005 NR CC
- In The Steps Of Moses2012 NR CC
- Moses in Egypt, Told by Danny Glover with Music by The Sounds of Blackness2012 NR CC
- The Moses Code2005 NR CC
- Mose the Fireman, Told by Michael Keaton & Music by John Beasley & Walter Becker2012 NR CC
- Wholly Moses1980 PG CC
- Stevie's Trek to the Holy Land: Miracle of Moses2014 NR
- A Woman Called Moses1978 NR
- Little Leaders - Little Moses2008 NR
Wiki information Moses:
- Religious Leader, Film subject, Literature Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Name source, Art Subject, Person
Moses is a prophet in Abrahamic religions. According to the Hebrew Bible, he was a former Egyptian prince who later in life became a religious leader and lawgiver, to whom the authorship of the Torah is traditionally attributed. Also called Moshe...
- Religious Text, Literary Series, Literature Subject
Torah, or the Pentateuch, is the central reference of the religious Judaic tradition. It has a range of meanings. It can most specifically mean the first five books of the twenty-four books of the Tanakh, and it usually includes the rabbinic...
- Rabbi, Physician, Chess Player, Deceased Person, Name source, Author, Person, , , Influence Node
Moshe ben Maimon, or Mūsā ibn Maymūn, acronymed Rambam, and Latinized Moses Maimonides, a preeminent medieval Sephardic Jewish philosopher and astronomer, became one of the most prolific and influential Torah scholars and physicians of the Middle...
- Italian Renaissance Artwork, Artwork, Location
The Moses is a sculpture by the Italian High Renaissance artist Michelangelo Buonarroti, housed in the church of San Pietro in Vincoli in Rome. Commissioned in 1505 by Pope Julius II for his tomb, it depicts the Biblical figure Moses with horns on...
- Moses Montefiore
- Banker, Organization founder, Name source, Deceased Person, Person
Sir Moses Haim Montefiore, 1st Baronet, FRS was a British financier and banker, activist, philanthropist and Sheriff of London. Born to an Italian Jewish family, he donated large sums of money to promote industry, business, economic development,...
- Moses Lake
- City/Town/Village, Dated location, Statistical region, Newspaper circulation area, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, HUD County Place
Moses Lake is a city in Grant County, Washington, United States. The population was 20,366 as of the 2010 census. Moses Lake is the largest city in Grant County.
- Epic Film, TV Program, Topic, Award-Nominated Work, Netflix Title, Film
Moses is a 1995 biography adventure TV movie directed by Roger Young and written by Lionel Chetwynd.
- Moses Mendelssohn
- Philosopher, Author, Person, , Deceased Person, Name source, Influence Node, Lyricist, Family member, Art Subject
Moses Mendelssohn was a German Jewish philosopher to whose ideas the Haskalah, the 'Jewish enlightenment' of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, is indebted. Born to a poor Jewish family in Dessau and originally destined for a rabbinical career,...
- Moses Malone
- Basketball Player, Measured person, Hall of fame inductee, Athlete, Sports League Award Winner, Award Winner, Person, Identity
Moses Eugene Malone is an American retired Hall of Fame basketball player who starred in both the American Basketball Association and the National Basketball Association. A three-time NBA MVP and one of the NBA's 50 greatest players, Malone was the...
- Robert Moses
- Urban planner, Author, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Architect, Topic, Person, Literature Subject, Deceased Person, Name source
Robert Moses was the "master builder" of mid-20th century New York City, Long Island, Rockland County, and Westchester County, New York. As the shaper of a modern city, he is sometimes compared to Baron Haussmann of Second Empire Paris, and was...