Meaning : Victory of the People, Victory Of The People, Nicholas is a popular Russian and French name, meaning 'victory of the people'. The name is also associated with Santa Clause., Victory of the people,
Pronunciation : NI cuh lus, NIK-ə-ləs (English), nee-ko-LAH (French) , (NIHKahLahS),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Nicholas:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Nicholas:
- Nicholas comes from the Greek name 'Nikolaos', derived from the words for 'victory' and 'people'. St Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop of Myra in Lycia. He became the patron saint of both Greece and Russia, as well as of children, merchants, pawnbrokers and sailors. His feast day is 6th December, and one of his roles is said to involve the bringing of gifts to children at Christmas (as Father Christmas, or Santa Claus - from the Dutch 'Sinterklaas'. Famous bearers of this name include Nicholas Cage (actor) and numerous Popes.
- Greek Meaning: The name Nicholas is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Nicholas is: People's victory. St. Nicholas is the patron saint of children, sailors, and pawnbrokers - Santa Claus is based on this saint.
- American Meaning: The name Nicholas is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Nicholas is: People's victory. St. Nicholas is the patron saint of children, sailors, and pawnbrokers - Santa Claus is based on this saint.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Nicholas is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Nicholas is: King Henry the Eighth' Sir Nicholas Vaux.
- Broken down into the Greek “nike” (victory) and “laos” (people), Nicholas is the perfect name for a little revolutionary. The other obvious namesake is St. Nicholas, the patron saint of children and…Santa Claus! The name really started to climb from the ’60s (average ranking 143) to the ’70s (52), reaching its peak in the ’90s at an average of six. It’s been dropping pretty quickly since then, barely cracking the top 30, but remains a masculine classic.
- From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop from Anatolia who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, as well as Greece and Russia. He formed the basis for the figure known as Santa Claus (created in the 19th century from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents. Due to the renown of the saint, this name has been widely used in the Christian world. It has been common in England since the 12th century, though it became a bit less popular after the Protestant Reformation. The name has been borne by five popes and two czars of Russia.
Definition funny of Nicholas:
- (Jessica)- have you talked to that conceited asshole Nicholas lately? (Britney)- No, why? (Jessica)- Because i want to confess my love to him....his bad ass careless attitude just makes me go crazy for him. (Nick off in the distance)- Damn straight bitch. Nobody can resist this body.
- That professor is Nicholas. He's so nicholas. Last night was... nicholas.
- dude im bored...... go hang out with Nicholas.
- She loves her Nicholas. :D
- Look at Nicholas over there. He's so handsome.
- girl:you got your work done all by your self?? girl1:no, an extremely nice guy helped me out. Don't even know his name girl2:must be nicholas
- nic55 nicholas nic nick nicky
Expression information Nicholas:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Nicholas:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Nicholas:
- Every Praise (feat. Nicholas Cole) by Ben Tankard from the Album Full Tank 2.0
- Il est né le divin Enfant! (feat. Nicholas Burt) by The Oriana Women's Choir from the Album Comfort and Joy
- Always Be Together (feat. Nicholas Cole) by Julian Vaughn from the Album Breakthrough
- Stay (feat. Judith Nicholas) by Dee Lucas from the Album The Smooth Factor
- M. Nicholas Gryffith his Galiard by The King's Noyse and David Douglass Paul O'Dette from the Album Seaven Teares - Music of John Dowland
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas/The Christmas Letter by Michael Martin Murphey from the Album Cowboy Christmas
- Medley: Jolly Old St. Nicholas/ The Little Drummer Boy by Ray Conniff & The Ray Conniff Singers from the Album We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Canon of St. Nicholas (or Jolly Old Canon in D) by Christmas Music Experts: The O'Neill Brothers from the Album Christmas Music: Instrumental Music for Christmas Vol. 2
- I'll Never Tell in the Style of Emma Caulfield & Nicholas Brendon by Sunfly Karaoke from the Album Platinum 21 Buffy, Once More With Sunfly
- Dope Boy Magic [Feat. Nicholas "Play Boy Nick" Smith, Corey "Black Owned C Bone" Andrews and Chino Dolla] [Explicit... by Yung Joc from the Album New Joc City [Explicit Content] (U.S. Version) [Explicit]
Books about Nicholas:
- Nicholas - Mar 30, 2011 by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé
- See Me - Oct 13, 2015 by Nicholas Sparks
- The Longest Ride - Sep 30, 2014 by Nicholas Sparks
- The Best of Me - Mar 26, 2013 by Nicholas Sparks
- Nicholas Again - Mar 14, 2006 by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé
- The Choice - Apr 1, 2009 by Nicholas Sparks
- Nicholas in Trouble - Oct 22, 2008 by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé
- Nicholas and the Gang - Sep 19, 2011 by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé
- The Rescue - Aug 1, 2001 by Nicholas Sparks
- Nicholas on Vacation - Oct 10, 2006 by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé
Movies about Nicholas:
- Nicholas And Alexandra1972 PG CC
- Nicholas Nickleby2002 PG CC
- VeggieTales: St. Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving2009 CC
- Czar Nicholas Ii And The Romanovs2007 NR CC
- 4 Film Favorites: Nicholas Sparks2011 PG-13
- Safe Haven: Set Tour with Nicholas Sparks2013 PG-13
- Nicholas and Alexandra1972 PG
- Nicholas Nickleby2008 NR CC
- Nicholas Sparks: Limited Edition Collection2014 PG-13
- Nicholas Nickleby2008 NR
Famous about Nicholas:
- Nicolas Cage (alt. spelling) - actor
- Nicholas Sparks - author
- Nicolas Sarkozy (alt. spelling) - French President
- Nicholas “Nick” Jonas - singer
- Nicholas Nickleby - title character of Charles Dickens’ The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby
Infamous about Nicholas:
- Nicholas “Fat Nick” Minucci - criminal
Wiki information Nicholas:
- Saint Nicholas
- Person, Literature Subject, Name source, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Dedicatee
Saint Nicholas;, also called Nikolaos of Myra, was a historic 4th-century Christian saint and Greek Bishop of Myra. Because of the many miracles attributed to his intercession, he is also known as Nikolaos the Wonderworker. He had a reputation for...
- Nicholas II of Russia
- Monarch, Noble person, Family member, Person or entity appearing in film, Disaster, Event, Person Or Being In Fiction, Identity, TV subject, Politician
Nicholas II of Russia (Nikolai Aleksandrovich Romanov) (18 May[O.S. 6 May]1868 – 17 July[O.S. 4 July]1918) (Russian: Никола́й II, Nikolay II) was the last Emperor of Russia, King of Poland, and Grand Duke of Finland. He ruled from 1894 until his...
- Nicholas I of Russia
- Family member, Person, Noble person, Organization founder, Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person, Politician, Monarch
Nicholas I was the Emperor of Russia from 1825 until 1855. He was also the King of Poland and Grand Duke of Finland. He is best known as a political conservative whose reign was marked by geographical expansion, repression of dissent, economic...
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Film subject, Literature Subject
Sinterklaas or Sint-Nicolaas is a traditional holiday figure based on Saint Nicholas. Other names for the figure include De Sint, De Goedheiligman, and De Goede Sint in Dutch; Saint-Nicolas in French; Sinteklaas in Frisian; and Kleeschen and...
- Newcastle Cathedral
- Gothic Structure, Project focus, Building, Location, Place of worship, Structure, Tourist attraction
The Cathedral Church of St Nicholas is a Church of England cathedral in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. It is the seat of the Bishop of Newcastle and is the mother church of the Diocese of Newcastle, the most northerly diocese of the Anglican Church in...
- St Nicholas Day
Saint Nicholas' Day, observed on December 6 and 19 December, is the feast day of Saint Nicholas. It is celebrated as a Christian festival with particular regard to his reputation as a bringer of gifts, as well as through the attendance of Mass or...
- Nicholas Sparks
- Novelist, Film producer, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Person, Film story contributor, Author, Identity, TV Actor, Film writer
Nicholas Charles Sparks is an American writer and novelist. He has published eighteen novels and two non-fiction books. Several of his novels have become international bestsellers, and ten of his romantic-drama novels have been adapted to film with...
- Nicholas Hoult
- Actor, Award Winner, Award Nominee, TV program guest, TV Actor, Identity, Influence Node, Celebrity, Person, Topic
Nicholas Caradoc Hoult is an English actor, best known for playing Marcus Brewer in About a Boy, Beast in X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past, Nux in Mad Max: Fury Road, R in Warm Bodies and Tony Stonem in Skins.
- Nicholas Kristof
- Journalist, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Topic, Blogger, Identity, Author, TV program guest, Person, Film subject
Nicholas Donabet Kristof is an American journalist, author, op-ed columnist, and a winner of two Pulitzer Prizes. He has written an op-ed column for The New York Times since November 2001, and The Washington Post says that he "rewrote opinion...
- Nicholas Tse
- Actor, Award Nominee, , Identity, Film actor, TV Actor, Guitarist, Award Winner, Person, Musician
Nicholas Tse a.k.a. Tse Ting-fung, Chinese: 謝霆鋒, is a Hong Kong actor, singer, songwriter, musician, entrepreneur, and martial artist. Tse is a member of the Emperor Entertainment Group. Tse initially entered the entertainment industry in 1996 as a...