Meaning : Darkness, Unknown Meaning,
Origin : Greek,
Pronunciation : OR fee us,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Orpheus:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Orpheus:
- Orpheus is an uncommon baby boy's name of Greek origin. In Greek mythology, Orpheus was a legendary poet and musician. The stories surrounding his life center on his ability to charm living things with his music.
- Greek Meaning: The name Orpheus is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Orpheus is: Son of Apollo.
Definition funny of Orpheus:
- A Man of Knoledge
- Guy 1: dude did u Orpheus last night?!?!?! Guy 2: Yeah they fuckin' rocked!!!! Slut Whore Groupies: ORPHEUS!!! Can we have an orgy w/ u?!?!?!?!
Expression information Orpheus:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Orpheus:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Orpheus:
- Orpheus - Ash
- The Lyre of Orpheus - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Black Orpheus by Ian Cooper from the Album Soundpost
- It's Never Over (Hey Orpheus) by Arcade Fire from the Album Reflektor
- The Theme from Black Orpheus by Paul Desmond from the Album Take Ten
- Black Orpheus by Ginger Tunes from the Album Jazz Breakfast
- Samba De Orpheus by Vince Guaraldi Trio from the Album Jazz Impressions Of Black Orpheus [Original Jazz Classics Remasters]
- Orpheus In The Underworld: "Overture" by Prague Symphony Orchestra from the Album Offenbach: Orpheus in the Underworld: "Overture" (Digitally Remastered)
- Black Orpheus by Gary Smith from the Album The Soft Side Of Jazz
- Offenbach: Can-Can (Orpheus in the Underworld): Can-Can by José Serebrier from the Album Festival Francais
Books about Orpheus:
- Orpheus: The Song of Life - May 24, 2012 by Ann Wroe
- xo Orpheus: Fifty New Myths - Sep 24, 2013 by Kate Bernheimer
- Orpheus and the Roots of Platonism - Dec 1, 2011 by Algis Uzdavinys
- The Orpheus Clock: The Search for My Family's Art Treasures Stolen by the Nazis - Aug 25, 2015 by Simon Goodman
- Orpheus Descending: A Play in Three Acts - Jan 1998 by Tennessee Williams and Tennessee Williams
- Orpheus and Greek Religion (Mythos Books) - Sep 20, 1993 by William Keith Guthrie and L. Alderlink
- Orpheus - Sep 1, 2003 by Richard Dansky and Bryan Armor
- Orpheus in the Underworld: A TOON Graphic (TOON Graphic Mythology) - Jun 2, 2015 by Yvan Pommaux and Richard Kutner
- Orpheus - Aug 31, 2011 by Dan DeWitt
- The Hymns of Orpheus: With the Life and Theology of Orpheus (Forgotten Books) - Dec 21, 2007 by Orpheus
Movies about Orpheus:
- Black Orpheus (English Subtitled)1959 NR
- Orpheus und Eurydike2012 Unrated
- Angel: Season 41999 NR
- Black Orpheus2010 NR
- Orpheus1950 Unrated
- Essential Art House - 50 Years of Janus Films1955 Unrated
- Essential Art House, Volume II2009 NR
- Orpheus1950 Unrated
- Orpheus Descending1990 Unrated
- Orpheus und Eurydike2008 NR
Wiki information Orpheus:
- Opera Character, Theater Character, Art Subject, Literature Subject, Name source, Film character, Fictional Character, Person Or Being In Fiction, Book Character
Orpheus was a legendary musician, poet, and prophet in ancient Greek religion and myth. The major stories about him are centered on his ability to charm all living things and even stones with his music, his attempt to retrieve his wife, Eurydice,...
- Fantasy Film, Film, Ranked item, Topic, Award-Nominated Work
Orpheus is a 1950 French film directed by Jean Cocteau and starring Jean Marais. This film is the central part of Cocteau's Orphic Trilogy, which consists of The Blood of a Poet, Orpheus and Testament of Orpheus. The trilogy has been released as a...
- Orfeo ed Euridice
- Opera, Composition
Orfeo ed Euridice is an opera composed by Christoph Willibald Gluck based on the myth of Orpheus, set to a libretto by Ranieri de' Calzabigi. It belongs to the genre of the azione teatrale, meaning an opera on a mythological subject with choruses and...
- Black Orpheus
- Romantic comedy Film, Award-Winning Work, Award-Nominated Work, Netflix Title, Identity, Adaptation, Film, Topic
Black Orpheus is a 1959 film made in Brazil by French director Marcel Camus and starring Marpessa Dawn and Breno Mello. It is based on the play Orfeu da Conceição by Vinicius de Moraes, which is an adaptation of the Greek legend of Orpheus and...
- Rock Artist, Musical Group, Musical Artist
Orpheus is an American rock band originally from Worcester, Massachusetts that enjoyed popularity in the 1960s and early 1970s. In recent years there has been a resurgence of interest in the avant garde band, which has been widely recognized as a...
- Orpheus Chamber Orchestra
- Musical Group, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Employer, Award Nominee, Topic, Business Operation, Organization, Social network user, Nonprofit organization
The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra is a Grammy Award-winning classical music chamber orchestra based in New York City. It is known for its collaborative leadership style in which the musicians, not a conductor, interpret the score.
- Orpheus in the Underworld
- Opera, Composition
Orphée aux enfers, whose title translates from the French as Orpheus in the Underworld, is an opéra bouffon, or opéra féerie in its revised version. Its score was composed by Jacques Offenbach to a French text written by Ludovic Halévy and later...
- Bristol Siddeley Orpheus
- Turbojet Engine, Reaction engine, Engine, Project focus, Aircraft Engine Type
The Bristol Siddeley Orpheus was a single-spool turbojet developed by Bristol Siddeley for various light fighter/trainer applications such as the Folland Gnat and the Fiat G.91. Later, the Orpheus formed the core of the first Bristol Pegasus vectored...
- Symphonic poem, Composition
Orpheus is a symphonic poem written by Franz Liszt in 1853-4. He numbered it No. 4 in the cycle of 12 he wrote during his time in Weimar, Germany. It was first performed on 16 February 1854, conducted by the composer, as an introduction to the first...
- Ballet, Composition
Orpheus is a thirty-minute ballet composed by Igor Stravinsky in collaboration with choreographer George Balanchine in Hollywood, California in 1947. The work was commissioned by the Ballet Society, which Balanchine founded together with Lincoln...