Meaning : Bright, Bright, Shining, Bright, shining, Derived from Greek origin phoibos meaning 'bright, sunshine'.,
Pronunciation : FEE-bee (English) , (FEE-bee), FEE bee,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Phoebe:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Phoebe:
- Latin form of the name of a Greek deity, linked to the goddess of the moon and of hunting Artemis. Recently popularity is largely attributed to the character Phoebe Buffay from the hit TV sitcom 'Friends'. Phoebe is also an irregular satellite of Saturn.
- Greek Meaning: The name Phoebe is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Phoebe is: The shining one. Mother of Leto. Phoebe was one of the names for the Greek moon goddess.
- American Meaning: The name Phoebe is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Phoebe is: The shining one. Mother of Leto. Phoebe was one of the names for the Greek moon goddess.
- Latin Meaning: The name Phoebe is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Phoebe is: Daughter of Leda.
- Latinized form of the Greek name Φοιβη (Phoibe), which meant "bright, pure" from Greek φοιβος (phoibos). In Greek mythology Phoibe was a Titan associated with the moon. This was also an epithet of her granddaughter, the moon goddess Artemis. The name appears in Paul's epistle to the Romans in the New Testament, where it belongs to a female minister in the church at Cenchreae. In England, it began to be used as a given name after the Protestant Reformation. A moon of Saturn bears this name (in honour of the Titan).
Definition funny of Phoebe:
- "Wow she looks like such a phoebe in that dress"
- "lets go hang out with her shes a total PHOEBE"
- Wow Phoebe, you have beautiful eyes.
- Damn!!!!!!!!!!! I wish could hit that Phoebe!!!!!!!!!!! I wish my name was Tom so I could.
- Jen: I'm soooo jealous of Phoebe! I want to be just like her! Alex: Me too!!! Sarah: Me threeeeee!!
- phoebe is so fine ;)
- Person: I met an awesome person today. Me: Was her name Phoebe? Person: Yep!
Expression information Phoebe:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Phoebe:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Phoebe:
- Phoebe Cates - Fenix*TX
- Night Rider (feat. Phoebe Ray) by Draper from the Album Monstercat 012 - Aftermath
- My Inner Me feat. Phoebe Hall by Parov Stelar from the Album Seven And Storm
- Phoebe Cates (Album Version) by Fenix TX from the Album Lechuza [Explicit]
- Thankful N' Thoughtful [feat. Marcus Miller, David Sanborn, Phoebe Snow, Buddy Williams] by Dave Grusin from the Album Night-Lines
- Swept Away duet with Phoebe Snow by Robert Lamm from the Album In My Head
- The City (feat. Phoebe Ryan) [Explicit] by Skizzy Mars from the Album The Red Balloon Project [Explicit]
- Poetry Man (Karaoke Version In the Style of Phoebe Snow) by Karaoke Diamonds from the Album Pop Hits, Vol. 42 (High Quality Backing Tracks)
- Man on the Moon (Miguel Campbell Remix) [feat. Alice Phoebe Lou] by Klangkuenstler from the Album Man on the Moon (Miguel Campbell Remix) [feat. Alice Phoebe Lou]
- Revolution (feat. Nanci Correia, Phoebe Iron Dread Hibbert and Ras Buggsy) by Congo Natty from the Album Jungle Revolution
Books about Phoebe:
- Unicorn on a Roll: Another Phoebe and Her Unicorn Adventure (Heavenly Nostrils) - May 26, 2015 by Dana Simpson
- Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Amp Comics for Kids) - Sep 2, 2014 by Dana Simpson
- Phoebe's Birthday - Jun 30, 2012 by Joanna Johnson and Eric Johnson
- Phoebe and the Moon - Apr 18, 2013 by Jennifer Cordon-Wyzykowski
- Phoebe the Foodie - Sep 29, 2012 by Carly Ubersox and Dawn Madison Rewey
- Mrs. Howard, Room by Room - Sep 8, 2015 by Phoebe Howard
- Phoebe's Sweater - Apr 9, 2010 by Joanna Johnson and Eric Johnson
- The Diary of a Teenage Girl, Revised Edition: An Account in Words and Pictures - Jul 21, 2015 by Phoebe Gloeckner
- Tyrant Trouble (Mudflat Magic Book 1) - Dec 25, 2013 by Phoebe Matthews
- Sonya's Chickens - Aug 11, 2015 by Phoebe Wahl
Movies about Phoebe:
- Charmed: Season 52002 Unrated
- Friends: Season 72000 Unrated
- Friends: Season 92002 NR
- Hazel - The Complete First Season1961 NR
- Friends: Season 21995 Unrated
- Phoebe in Wonderland2008 PG-13
- Phoebe Snow & David Bromberg1998 NR
- Here Comes Boswick The Clown with Phoebe The Duck!2015
- The Best of Friends: Season 2 - The Top 5 Episodes1994 Unrated
- Mañana Cuando La Guerra (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2011) Rachel Hurd-Wood; Phoebe Tonkin; C2010 Unrated
Wiki information Phoebe:
- Star system body, Celestial Object, Namesake, Orbital Relationship, Moon
Phoebe is an irregular satellite of Saturn a little over 200 km in diameter. It is thought to be a captured dwarf planet from the Kuiper belt that was battered out of hydrostatic equilibrium by repeated impacts, similar to how Vesta was battered out...
- Fictional Character, Deity, Name source
In ancient Greek religion, "radiant, bright, prophetic" Phoebe, was one of the original Titans, who were one set of sons and daughters of Uranus and Gaia. She was traditionally associated with the moon, as in Michael Drayton's Endimion and Phœbe, the...
- Phoebe Tonkin
- Actor, Person, TV Actor, Influence Node, Film actor, Award Nominee
Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin is an Australian actress and model. She is best known for portraying Cleo Sertori in H2O: Just Add Water, Fiona Maxwell in Tomorrow, When the War Began, Faye Chamberlain in The Secret Circle, and Hayley Marshall in the CW...
- Phoebe Cates
- Actor, TV Actor, Influence Node, Musical Artist, Person, Topic, Identity, Film actor, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film
Phoebe Cates Kline, better known as Phoebe Cates, is an American film actress, model, and entrepreneur. She is known for her roles in several 1980s films, most notably Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Gremlins.
- Phoebe Buffay
- Composer, , TV Character, Lyricist, Fictional Character, Person
Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan is a fictional character from the NBC sitcom Friends, portrayed by Lisa Kudrow. For her portrayal of Phoebe Buffay, Kudrow received a Golden Globe Award nomination, as well as winning the Primetime Emmy Award, Screen Actors...
- Phoebe Halliwell
- TV Character, Book Character, Fictional Character
Phoebe Halliwell is a fictional character from the television series Charmed. One of the featured leads, Phoebe is introduced in the series as a witch and, more specifically, a Charmed One – one of the most powerful witches of all time. The character...
- Phoebe Snow
- Blues Artist, Musical Artist, Social network user, Award Nominee, Topic, Person, Broadcast Artist, Musician, Film actor, Featured artist
Phoebe Snow was an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist, best known for her 1975 song "Poetry Man". She was described by The New York Times as a "contralto grounded in a bluesy growl and capable of sweeping over four octaves."
- Biological Genus, Organism Classification
The genus Sayornis is a small group of medium-sized insect-eating birds, known as Phoebes, in the tyrant flycatcher family Tyrannidae; they are native to North and South America. They prefer semi-open or open areas. These birds wait on a perch and...
- Deceased Person, Person
Phoebe was a first-century Christian woman mentioned by the Apostle Paul in his Epistle to the Romans, verses 16:1-2. A notable woman in the church of Cenchreae, she was trusted by Paul to deliver his letter to the Romans. In writing to the church...
- Biological Genus, Organism Classification
Phoebe is a genus of evergreen trees and shrubs belonging to the Laurel family, Lauraceae. There are approximately 100 species in the genus, distributed in tropical and subtropical Asia and neotropical America. 35 species occur in China. The first...