Meaning : Green Leaves, Foliage,
Pronunciation : FIL-is (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Phyllis:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Phyllis:
- Greek Meaning: The name Phyllis is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Phyllis is: Leafy foliage; green bough. In Greek legend, Phyllis was changed to an almond tree after her death, and bore no leaves until her lover returned.
- American Meaning: The name Phyllis is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Phyllis is: Leafy foliage; green bough. In Greek legend, Phyllis was changed to an almond tree after her death, and bore no leaves until her lover returned.
- Means "foliage" in Greek. In Greek mythology this was the name of a woman who killed herself out of love for Demophon and was subsequently transformed into an almond tree. It began to be used as a given name in England in the 16th century, though it was often confused with Felicia.
Definition funny of Phyllis:
- I'm so glad I have a Phyllis!
- intelligent, empathetic, therapist and phyllis
- That groove is mad phyllis!
- look at phyllis
- Oh no! It's a Phyllis glare!!!!
- I need a Phyllis. Would your pour me another cup of Phyllis. I want a Phyllis, I get the Senyah's discount.
- That Phyllis needs to go to the mental institution.
Expression information Phyllis:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Phyllis:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability.
Songs about Phyllis:
- As You Are (feat. Phyllis Hyman & Pharoah Sanders) by Park Place from the Album Bed Ballads: The Songs of Paul Tillman Smith
- Soul To Keep (For Phyllis) by Matt Skiba from the Album Matt Skiba & Kevin Seconds Split CD
- Old Friend (Originally Performed By Phyllis Hyman) by B the Star from the Album 40 Super Hits Karaoke: R&B V5
- Fair Phyllis I Saw sitting All Alone - Balanced Voices by Matthew Curtis from the Album Fair Phyllis I Saw sitting All Alone
- Old Friend (Made Famous by Phyllis Hyman [Karaoke Version]) by The Original Hit Makers from the Album Sing It Like An Idol: Karaoke Time, Vol. 2
- Blues From Phyllis by The Flamin' Groovies from the Album Slow Death
- Remember Who You Are [feat. Phyllis Hyman] by Norman Connors from the Album Remember Who You Are
- Fair Phyllis by George Manos, Rosa Lamoreaux, Beverly Benso, Samuel Gordon & Robert Kennedy from the Album National Gallery Vocal Arts Ensemble: Music By Vecchi, Arcadelt, Lassus, Monteverdi, Pilkington, Farmer, Etc.
- Old Friend (In the Style of Phyllis Hyman) [Backing Track Version] by Soundmachine from the Album Ultimate Tracks: Soul, Vol. 7
- Fair Phyllis I saw sitting all alone (1987 Digital Remaster) by The King's Singers from the Album All At Once Well Met - English Madrigals
Books about Phyllis:
- A Moment on the Lips - Aug 19, 2015 by Phyllis Bourne
- Shiloh (The Shiloh Quartet) - Sep 1, 2000 by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- The Divine Hours (Volume Two): Prayers for Autumn and Wintertime: A Manual for Prayer - Sep 19, 2006 by Phyllis Tickle
- Understanding ISIS and the New Global War on Terror: A Primer - Jul 1, 2015 by Phyllis Bennis
- Prayers for Summertime: A Manual for Prayer (The Divine Hours) - May 2, 2006 by Phyllis Tickle
- The Age of the Spirit: How the Ghost of an Ancient Controversy Is Shaping the Church - Jan 7, 2014 by Phyllis Tickle and Jon M Sweeney
- The Great Emergence: How Christianity Is Changing and Why - Sep 1, 2012 by Phyllis Tickle
- Understanding the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: A Primer - Sep 22, 2015 by Phyllis Bennis
- Creak! Said the Bed - Aug 25, 2015 by Phyllis Root and Regan Dunnick
- Caring for School-Age Children (PSY 681 Ethical, Historical, Legal, and Professional Issues in School Psychology) - Jan 1, 2011 by Phyllis M. Click and Jennifer Parker
Movies about Phyllis:
- Phyllis and Harold2010 NR
- Goodnight, We Love You - The Life and Legend of Phyllis Diller2004 NR
- Phyllis Diller - Not Just Another Pretty Face2007 NR
- Springfield Rifle - Authentic Region 1 DVD from Warner Brothers starring Gary Cooper, Phyllis Thaxter & Lon Chaney...1940
- Charlie Rose with Barry Bergdoll, Phyllis Lambert & Paul Goldberger2006
- On Location With Phyllis Diller1977 NR
- Breaking the Ice: Learning to Share Our Stories (Conversations with Donald Miller and Phyllis Tickle) Convergence...2009 NR
- Phyllis & Harold2010 Unrated
- How to Have a Moneymaking Garage Sale, Starring Phyllis Diller1987 NR by Diller,Phyllis
- Nude Female Figure Reference: Phyllis Module2008
Wiki information Phyllis:
- Phyllis Summers Newman
- TV Character, Fictional Character
Phyllis Summers is a fictional character from the American CBS daytime soap opera, The Young and the Restless, currently portrayed by Gina Tognoni. Created and introduced by William J. Bell, the character made her debut in the episode airing on...
- Phyllis Diller
- Comedian, Author, Deceased Person, Identity, Person Or Being In Fiction, Musical Artist, Award Nominee, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor
Phyllis Ada Driver, better known as Phyllis Diller, was an American stand-up comedian, actress, singer, dancer, and voice artist, best known for her eccentric stage persona, her self-deprecating humor, her wild hair and clothes, and her exaggerated,...
- Phyllis Logan
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Person, Award Nominee, Award Winner
Phyllis Margaret Logan is a British actress.
- Name source
Phyllis is a character in Greek mythology, daughter of a Thracian king. She married Demophon, King of Athens and son of Theseus, while he stopped in Thrace on his journey home from the Trojan War. Demophon, duty bound to Greece, returns home to help...
- Phyllis Schlafly
- Author, Identity, Organization founder, Person, Film actor, Topic, Politician, Person or entity appearing in film
Phyllis Stewart Schlafly is an American conservative activist, author, and speaker and founder of the Eagle Forum. She is known for her staunch social and political conservatism, her opposition to modern feminism, and her successful campaign against...
- Phyllis Hyman
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musical Artist, Film actor, Featured artist, Theater Actor, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Deceased Person, Musician, Topic
Phyllis Linda Hyman was an American singer-songwriter and actress. She is best known for her singles from the late 1970s to the early 1990s: "You Know How to Love Me", "Living All Alone" and "Don't Wanna Change the World". Hyman also performed on...
- Phyllis Smith
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Person
Phyllis Smith is an American actress. She is best known for playing Phyllis Lapin-Vance in The Office and her voice role as Sadness in the Disney/Pixar film Inside Out.
- Phyllis George
- Organisation leader, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, TV Actor, Competitor, TV Personality, Organization founder, TV program guest, Organization member
Phyllis Ann George Brown, Miss America 1971 and Miss Texas 1970, is an American businesswoman, actress, and former sportscaster. She was also First Lady of Kentucky from 1979 to 1983.
- Phyllis Coates
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Person
Phyllis Coates is an American film and television actress. She is perhaps best known for her portrayal of reporter Lois Lane in the 1951 film Superman and the Mole Men and in the first season of the television series Adventures of Superman.
- Phyllis Lapin-Vance
- Fictional Character, TV Character, Topic
Phyllis Margaret Vance is a fictional character on the U.S. comedy television series, The Office. She is portrayed by Phyllis Smith, and has no specific counterpart in the British version of the series, instead being an amalgamation of several...