Meaning : Rock, From Old Greek origin meaning 'rock, stone' it is a variant spelling of the English Pierce. Famous Piers' include TV host Piers Morgan., A Rock,
Pronunciation : PEERZ (English), PEERS (English) , (Peer-s), PE ers,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Piers:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Piers:
- Piers is a boy's name of Greek origin, meaning 'rock'. Peter is the Latin form of the name that the Normans brought to Britain as Piers. Piers Morgan is a journalist and television presenter, best known as a judge on Britain's Got Talent.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Piers is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Piers is: Rock.
- English Meaning: The name Piers is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Piers is: Son of Pierce.
- Greek Meaning: The name Piers is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Piers is: Stone; rock.
- French Meaning: The name Piers is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Piers is: French stone; a rock. Famous Bearer: science-fiction author Piers Anthony.
- Medieval form of PETER. This was the name of the main character in the 14th-century poem 'Piers Plowman' by William Langland.
Definition funny of Piers:
- jesus.. there go's a right piers!...
- A pier begins on land and ends in the water; metaphysically it spans from the physical to the emotional.
- Its difficult to sum up everything that a Piers Stratton can do in one example but alas I will try. Me - Dude, look in the bushes its a Piers Stratton Piers - (stares deeply for six seconds) WAAAAAAPAAAAAPAPAPAPA. Oh Heyyy Laura, I thought you were someone else...... Me - Ohh (WTF) Piers - I would be trying to seduce you now but I was trained well! Me - Well thats good I suppose (WTFFFF)(Getting more awkward) Piers - Yes........... (drinks much alcohol) Me - Are you ok Piers? Piers - ..............blurglblrugl............(begins to dribble at the mouth)......urgrgjrigr.......(FUCK ME) Piers - (slowly sinks back into the bushes in shame)
- I was appalled by that pier.
- Dude, that's such a Piers Jumper.
- Man 1:You'r such a Piers Stratton!!! Man 2:Wow man fine don't make me take my gun out! leave now
- omg he's just like piers!
Expression information Piers:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Piers:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Piers:
- Pier Pressure (feat. Roger Creager & Jason Allen) by Thom Shepherd from the Album 12 Pack
- Pier Gynt Suite No. 1 in A Major, Op. 48: III. Anitra's Dance by Rfcm Symphony Orchestra, Keith Joseph Salmon from the Album Grieg: The Best of Edvard Grieg
- The Seasons - Suite For Strings And Cello, Summer: End Of The Pier by Howard Goodall/Bozidar Vukotic/The Tippett Quartet/Marianna Szymanowska from the Album Howard Goodall: The Seasons
- Renaissance Polyphonies: Giovanni Pier Luigi da Palestrina: Alma Redemptoris Mater by Children's Choir of Saint-François de Versailles from the Album Jubilee 2000: 2000 Years of Sacred Music
- Pier Children by Leon Vynehall from the Album Music for the Uninvited
- Call Me Maybe (Pier Remix) by Angelica from the Album 100 Hits Remixed, Vol. 1 (The Best of 70s, 80s and 90s Hits)
- Pier 21 by John Wort Hannam from the Album Pocket Full of Holes
- Pier Gynt Suite No. 1 in E Major, Op. 48: I. Morning by Rfcm Symphony Orchestra, Keith Joseph Salmon from the Album Grieg: The Best of Edvard Grieg
- Williams: The Pier Incident [Jaws] by John Williams And Orchestra from the Album Jaws (The Collector's Edition Soundtrack)
- Cotton Eye Joe (Pier Remix) by DJ Kee from the Album The Best of High Energy Eurodance
Books about Piers:
- A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, Book 1) - Mar 12, 1987 by Piers Anthony
- The Road to Wigan Pier - Oct 18, 1972 by George Orwell
- On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, Bk. 1) - Sep 12, 1986 by Piers Anthony
- The Pier: A Sophie Lee and Ellen Harper mystery - Oct 10, 2014 by Rick Murcer
- Pier Fishing in California: The Complete Coast and Bay Guide, 2nd Edition - Aug 15, 2005 by Ken Jones
- Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors - Dec 3, 2002 by Piers Paul Read
- Reckless (Pier 70 Book 1) - Oct 27, 2015 by Nicole Edwards
- Source of Magic (Xanth) - Jul 12, 1987 by Piers Anthony
- Piers Plowman: An Alliterative Verse Translation - Mar 17, 1990 by William Langland and Judith H. Anderson
- Piers Plowman: The A Version - Jul 19, 2011 by Míceál F. Vaughan
Movies about Piers:
- Pier 5 Havana2012 NR CC
- Rossini, La Pietra del paragone - Alberto Zedda, Pier Luigi Pizzi, Teatro Real Madrid (English Subtitled)2015 G CC
- The Dive from Clausen's Pier2011 CC
- Arrested Development: Season 12003 NR
- The Woman On Pier 131950 NR
- The Dive from Clausen's Pier2005 NR
- Oedipus Rex1967 Unrated
- Mamma Roma1995 Unrated
- FORGOTTEN NOIR: Vol 9: Scotland Yard Inspector, Pier 23, The Case of the Baby-Sitter2008 NR
- Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati2011 NR
Wiki information Piers:
A pier, in architecture, is an upright support for a structure or superstructure such as an arch or bridge. Sections of structural walls between openings can function as piers.
- Type/domain equivalent topic
A pier is a raised structure typically supported by well-spaced piles or pillars. Bridges, buildings, and walkways may all be supported by piers. Their open structure allows tides and currents to flow relatively unhindered, whereas the more solid...
- Piers Morgan
- Presenter, TV Actor, Film actor, TV Program Creator, Person or entity appearing in film, TV program guest, Periodical editor, TV Personality, Person, Author
Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan, known professionally as Piers Morgan, is a British journalist and television personality currently working as the US editor-at-large for Mail Online. Morgan is the editorial director of First News, a national newspaper for...
- Piers Plowman
- Published Work, Book, Written Work, Poem
Piers Plowman or Visio Willelmi de Piers Plowman is a Middle English allegorical narrative poem by William Langland. It is written in unrhymed alliterative verse divided into sections called "passus". Piers is considered by many critics to be one of...
- Piers Anthony
- Novelist, Award Nominee, Identity, Fictional universe creator, Award Winner, Fictional Character Creator, Author, Film writer, Person
Piers Anthony Dillingham Jacob is an English American author in the science fiction and fantasy genres, publishing under the name Piers Anthony. He is most famous for his long-running novel series set in the fictional realm of Xanth. Many of his...
- Chelsea Piers
- Building, Structure, Project focus, Location, Venue
Chelsea Piers is a series of piers in Chelsea, on the West Side of Manhattan in New York City. Located to the west of the West Side Highway and Hudson River Park and to the east of the Hudson River, they were originally a passenger ship terminal in...
- Piers Gaveston, 1st Earl of Cornwall
- Noble person, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person
Piers Gaveston, 1st Earl of Cornwall was an English nobleman of Gascon origin, and the favourite of King Edward II of England. At a young age he made a good impression on King Edward I "Longshanks", and was assigned to the household of the King's...
- Piers Courage
- Racing driver, Person, Deceased Person
Piers Raymond Courage was a British racing driver. He participated in 29 World Championship Formula One Grands Prix, debuting on 2 January 1967. He achieved two podium finishes, and scored a total of twenty championship points.
- Piers Faccini
- Songwriter, Visual Artist, Lyricist, Featured artist, Social network user, Musician, Musical Artist, Person, Composer
Piers Faccini is an English singer, painter and songwriter.
- Piers Lane
- Pianist, Musical Artist, Person, Musician
Piers Lane AO is an Australian classical pianist. His performance career has taken him to more than 40 countries. His concerto repertoire exceeds 75 works.