Meaning : This is a biblical name, meaning 'ewe' in Hebrew., Ewe,
Pronunciation : (rey-chal), RAY-chəl (English), ra-SHEL (French), RAH-khəl (Dutch) , RAY chul,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Rachel:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Rachel:
- Rachel is a biblical name meaning 'ewe' (sheep), borne by the wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph. She also gave birth to Benjamin but died in the process. Namesakes include Rachel Stevens (singer) and Rachel Hunter (model).
- German Meaning: The name Rachel is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Rachel is: Lamb.
- American Meaning: The name Rachel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Rachel is: Lamb.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Rachel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Rachel is: Ewe. Rachel was the second and favoured wife of Jacob in the Old Testament.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Rachel is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Rachel is: Sheep.
- Though it’s fallen far from its peak of number nine in ’96 (thank you, Jennifer Aniston and Friends), Rachel remains a solid choice. It’s biblical without being overtly religious and has a nice, soft but spunky vibe. Okay, so it means “ewe” (that’s a sheep, not a misspelling of eww), but the good news is that the sheep thing is linked to the very lovely meaning of “one with purity.” And don’t worry, any links to the very ’90s haircut are pretty much gone by now.
- From the Hebrew name רָחֵל (Rachel) meaning "ewe". In the Old Testament this is the name of the favourite wife of Jacob and the mother of Joseph and Benjamin. The name was common among Jews in the Middle Ages, but it was not generally used as a Christian name in the English-speaking world until after the Protestant Reformation.
Definition funny of Rachel:
- She impressed everybody in the meeting. She's such a Rachel.
- I love my best friend, she's amazing!" "What's her name?" "Rachel, of course!
- Rachel is sooo edible - especially with cream
- Rachel is the best name ever!
- 1. Did you see that chick's hot bod? I'm so jealous. She's such a Rachel. 2. Damn, I wish I was still with Rachel. She looks like she's having such a good time without me. 3. She was so sweet to me when I needed a friend...such a Rachel.
- damn that girl is hot she's probably a rachel.
- woah, look at Rachael Bitch its spelled Rachel
Expression information Rachel:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Rachel:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Rachel:
- Little Rachel - Eric Clapton
- Rachel - Soul Coughing
- Rachel Won't You Come - Terry Kitchen
- Rachel's Song - James McMurtry
- Take Him Back, Rachel - Basia
- Ways of Rachel - Eyeless in Gaza
- Moment for Life (feat. Rachel) by Nehemiah from the Album Building Block 2.5
- Change (feat. Rachel) by Nehemiah from the Album Building Block 2.5
- Give Me Your Eyes (feat. Rachel) by Nehemiah from the Album Building Block 2.5
- Rachel Delevoryas by Randy Stonehill from the Album The Definitive Collection
Books about Rachel:
- Rachel: A Novel (Wives of the Patriarchs) (Volume 3) - Feb 4, 2014 by Jill Eileen Smith
- Rachel to the Rescue Sticker Paper Doll (Dover Little Activity Books Paper Dolls) - Jan 28, 2005 by Cathy Beylon
- Ransom (Ransom Series Book 1) - Apr 27, 2014 by Rachel Schurig
- Capture (Seaside Pictures Book 1) - Aug 20, 2015 by Rachel Van Dyken
- Fall: A Seaside Novel - Jan 27, 2014 by Rachel Van Dyken
- Amish Country Tours 2 (Amish Country Tours, Amish Romance Series (An Amish of Lancaster County Saga)) - Aug 9, 2015 by Rachel Stoltzfus
- Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More - Sep 8, 2015 by Rachel Macy Stafford
- Every Wrong Reason - Sep 22, 2015 by Rachel Higginson
- Pumpkin Love - Autumn Clean Eating Cookbook - 65 Clean, Simple, and Delicious Pumpkin Recipes! - Sep 18, 2015 by Rachel Maser
- The Back Road - Oct 8, 2013 by Rachel Abbott
Movies about Rachel:
- Visit Wales with Rachel Hicks2009 NR CC
- The Rachel Zoe Project Season 52013 CC
- My Cousin Rachel1954 NR CC
- The Rachel Zoe Project Season 12008 CC
- The Rachel Zoe Project Season 22009 CC
- Rachel Getting Married2008 R CC
- The Rachel Zoe Project Season 42011 CC
- The Rachel Zoe Project Season 32010 CC
- Rachel, Rachel1968 R CC
- Gaiam: Rachel Brathen Yoga- Release & Let Go! [HD]2015 CC
Famous about Rachel:
- Rachel Bilson - actress
- Rachel Weisz - actress
- Rachel McAdams - actress
- Rachael Ray (alt. spelling) - chef
- Rachel Berry - character in Glee
Infamous about Rachel:
- Rachel Gatina - character in One Tree Hill
Wiki information Rachel:
- Rachel McAdams
- Actor, Film actor, Person, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Topic, Ranked item, Celebrity, Influence Node
Rachel Anne McAdams is a Canadian actress. After graduating from a four-year theatre program at York University in 2001, she initially worked in Canadian television and film productions such as the drama film Perfect Pie, the comedy film My Name Is...
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Name source, Deceased Person
Rachel was the favorite of Biblical patriarch Jacob's two wives as well as the mother of Joseph and Benjamin, two of the twelve progenitors of the tribes of Israel. The name "Rachel" is from an unused root meaning: "to journey as a ewe that is a good...
- Rachel Weisz
- Actor, Celebrity, Theater Actor, Person, Ranked item, Film writer, TV Actor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity
Rachel Hannah Weisz; /ˈvaɪs/ VYS, is an English-born film and theatre actress as well as a former fashion model who holds both British and American citizenship Weisz began her acting career at Trinity Hall, Cambridge in the early 1990s, then started...
- Rachel Green
- TV Character, Film character, Fictional Character
Rachel Karen Green is a fictional character, one of the six main characters who appear in the American NBC sitcom Friends. Portrayed by actress Jennifer Aniston, the character was created by show creators David Crane and Marta Kauffman, and appeared...
- Rachel Carson
- Conservationist, Musical Artist, Hall of fame inductee, Influence Node, Building Occupant, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Person, Name source, Author
Rachel Louise Carson was an American marine biologist and conservationist whose book Silent Spring and other writings are credited with advancing the global environmental movement. Carson began her career as an aquatic biologist in the U.S. Bureau of...
- Rachel Bilson
- Actor, Celebrity, Identity, Award Winner, TV Actor, Person, Award Nominee, Ranked item, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film
Rachel Sarah Bilson is an American actress. Bilson grew up in a California show business family, and made her television debut in 2003, subsequently becoming well known for playing Summer Roberts on the prime-time drama series The O.C. Bilson made...
- Rachel Summers
- Comic Book Character, Fictional Character
Rachel Anne Summers is a fictional superheroine appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, Rachel was created by writer Chris Claremont and artist/co-writer John Byrne. In her first appearance, the character's surname was not...
- Rachel Stevens
- Pop Artist, Composer, Musician, TV Actor, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee, Identity, Person, Film actor
Rachel Lauren Stevens is an English singer-songwriter, actress, television presenter, model and businesswoman. She was a member of the pop group S Club between 1999 and 2003. She released her solo debut studio album Funky Dory in September 2003. The...
- Rachel Nichols
- Actor, Film actor, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, TV Actor, Influence Node, Award Nominee, Ranked item, Person
Rachel Emily Nichols is an American actress and model. Nichols began modeling while attending Columbia University in New York City in the late 1990s. She transitioned into television and film acting in the early 2000s; she had a part in the romantic...
- Rachel Maddow
- Radio personality, Author, Social network user, Person or entity appearing in film, Blogger, Film actor, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Topic, TV Personality
Rachel Anne Maddow is an American television host, political commentator, and author. She hosts a nightly television show, The Rachel Maddow Show, on MSNBC. Her syndicated talk radio program of the same name aired on Air America Radio. Maddow is the...