Meaning : Originated in olld germanic language, it is devised from 'ragin' and 'munt' meaning 'well-advised protector'., Counsel Protection, Counsel protection, Decision protector,
Pronunciation : RAY mund, RAY-mənd (English), re-MAWN (French) , (RAY-mond),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Raymond:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Raymond:
- Raymond comes from the Old French name 'Raimund (Germanic origin). The name was introduced to Britain by the Normans. It was popularised by TV show 'Everybody Loves Raymond', as well as famous darts champion Raymond Barneveldt.
- French Meaning: The name Raymond is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Raymond is: Guards wisely.
- American Meaning: The name Raymond is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Raymond is: Guards wisely.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Raymond is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Raymond is: Wise protector.
- German Meaning: The name Raymond is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Raymond is: Counsel; mighty protection; guards wisely.
- From the Germanic name Raginmund, composed of the elements ragin "advice" and mund "protector". The Normans introduced this name to England in the form Reimund. It was borne by several medieval (mostly Spanish) saints, including Saint Raymond Nonnatus, the patron of midwives and expectant mothers, and Saint Raymond of Peñafort, the patron of canonists.
Definition funny of Raymond:
- That kid is a complete Raymond.
- I love you, Raymond. You're the best!
- That piece of cake is so Raymond.
- i love that raymond!
- I want me some of that Raymond!
- -I admit, I do not understand how some people use someone's name as a word that doesn't resemble a name. Everyone is different, which is why this example may not make sense- person-He is rather a kind boy person 2-Reminds me of that show, 'Everyone loves Raymond' person- Hey! What is your name please? person 3-Raymond -Note that an encounter like this is rather rare-
- I love you so much Raymond :)
Expression information Raymond:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Raymond:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Raymond:
- Raymond's Shop - Stereophonics
- Raymond by Brett Eldredge from the Album Bring You Back
- Everybody Loves Raymond Theme (Single) by The Hollywood Orchestra from the Album Everybody Loves Raymond (Tv Theme)
- Raymond in the Closet [Explicit] by Nephew Tommy from the Album Best of Prank Phone Calls Uncensored [Explicit]
- Cloud Kisser (Raymond Birch, 1911) by Sue Keller from the Album Aka Charles Johnson
- Powerhouse (Raymond Scott Version) by Billy May from the Album Swing Era 1937-1938 CD003
- Raymond Devos - 25 novembre 1975 (Radioscopie) by Jacques Chancel from the Album Radioscopie : Artistes (Volume 1)
- Sunshine Life For Me (Sail Away Raymond) by Ringo Starr from the Album Ringo
- Raging On Me (Radio Release) [feat. Marge Raymond & Angel Rissoff] by Liquid Fusion® Band from the Album Raging On Me (Radio Release) [feat. Marge Raymond & Angel Rissoff]
- Mon Raymond by Carla Bruni from the Album Little French Songs [+digital booklet]
Books about Raymond:
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love: Stories - Jun 18, 1989 by Raymond Carver
- The Big Sleep (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard) - Jul 12, 1988 by Raymond Chandler
- The Long Goodbye - Aug 12, 1988 by Raymond Chandler
- Chemistry, 11th Edition - Jan 17, 2012 by Raymond Chang and Kenneth A. Goldsby
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love / Beginners (A Vintage Short) - May 14, 2015 by Raymond Carver
- Where I'm Calling From: Selected Stories - Jun 18, 1989 by Raymond Carver
- Beginners (Vintage Contemporaries Original) - Sep 15, 2015 by Raymond Carver
- Farewell, My Lovely - Jul 12, 1988 by Raymond Chandler
- Irma Grese & Auschwitz: Holocaust and the Secrets of the The Blonde Beast (WW2, World War 2, D-Day, Hitler, Soldier... - Sep 1, 2015 by Raymond Jennings
- English Grammar in Use with Answers and CD-ROM: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Learners... - Apr 23, 2012 by Raymond Murphy
Movies about Raymond:
- Execution of Raymond Graham2013 NR CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 31998 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 11996 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 21997 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 62001 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 52000 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 92004 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 82003 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 41999 CC
- Everybody Loves Raymond Season 72003 CC
Wiki information Raymond:
- Dance-pop Artist, Lyricist, Film writer, Featured artist, Topic, Composer, Broadcast Artist, Award Nominee, TV program guest, Film actor
Usher Terry Raymond IV is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. He rose to fame in the late 1990s with the release of his second album My Way, which spawned his first U.S. Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit, "Nice & Slow". The album has...
- Comic Book Character, Film character, TV Character, Fictional Character
Firestorm is the name of several fictional superheroes appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein debuted as the first incarnation in Firestorm, the Nuclear Man No. 1 and was created by Gerry Conway and...
- Raymond of Penyafort
- Lawyer, Deceased Person, Author, Person
Raymond of Penyafort, O.P., was a Spanish Dominican friar in the 13th-century, who compiled the Decretals of Gregory IX, a collection of canon laws that remained a major part of Church law until the 20th century. He is honored as a saint in the...
- Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Newspaper circulation area, Location, Dated location, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village
Raymond is a city in Pacific County, Washington, United States. The population was 2,975 at the 2000 census and decreased 3.1% to 2,882 at the 2010 census. The town's economy is based on logging and fishing, together with a limited amount of tourism.
- Raymond Chandler
- Novelist, Film story contributor, Military Person, Person, Identity, Deceased Person, Film writer, Topic, Award Nominee, Award Winner
Raymond Thornton Chandler was an American novelist and screenwriter. In 1932, at age forty-four, Chandler decided to become a detective fiction writer after losing his job as an oil company executive during the Great Depression. His first short...
- Raymond IV, Count of Toulouse
- Military Commander, Deceased Person, Person
Raymond IV, sometimes called Raymond of Saint-Gilles, was a powerful prince in southern France and one of the leaders of the First Crusade. He was the Count of Toulouse, Duke of Narbonne and Margrave of Provence from 1094, and he spent the last five...
- Eric S. Raymond
- Programmer, Public figure with medical condition, Film actor, Person, Organization founder, Author
Eric Steven Raymond, often referred to as ESR, is an American software developer, author of the widely cited 1997 essay, and 1999 book The Cathedral and the Bazaar and other works, and open source software advocate. He wrote a guidebook for the...
- Raymond Leo Burke
- Person, Religious Leader
Raymond Leo Burke is an American Cardinal Prelate of the Roman Catholic Church. He serves as the patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and his previous position was Cardinal Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, which...
- Location, Dated location, Statistical region, City/Town/Village
Saint-Raymond, also called Saint-Raymond de Portneuf, is a city in Quebec, Canada, located about 63 kilometres north-west of Quebec City. It is the largest city in population and area of the Portneuf Regional County Municipality.
- Location, Capital of administrative division, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, HUD County Place, Statistical region, City/Town/Village
Raymond is a city in Hinds County, Mississippi. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,933. Raymond is one of two county seats of Hinds County and is the home of the main campus of Hinds Community College. Raymond is part of the Jackson...