Meaning : Strong power, Derived from the Germainic elements 'ric' and 'hart', together meaning 'powerful leader'. Introduced to Britain by the Normans it was used by three kings of England., Brave Ruler,
Pronunciation : (RICH-erd), RICH-ərd (English), ree-SHAHR (French), RIKH-ahrt (German) , RICH urd,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Richard:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Richard:
- Proving to be an enduringly popular given name, Richard is of Frankish origin and was introduced to the UK by the Normans. Borne by a trio of English kings, the name is particularly associated with Richard I, who earned the nickname 'lionheart'. Namesakes include Richard Ashcroft (singer), Cliff Richard (singer), Richard Branson (entrepreneur), Richard Gere (actor) and Richard Bacon (presenter).
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Richard is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Richard is: Powerful ruler.
- American Meaning: The name Richard is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Richard is: Powerful ruler.
- English Meaning: The name Richard is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Richard is: Strong ruler.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Richard is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Richard is: Henry IV' Richard Scroop, Archbishop of York. Sir Richard Vernon. 'King Henry V' & 'Henry VI, 1, 2, & 3', Richard Plantagenet. His son, Richard. 'Richard II'. 'Richard III' Richard, Duke of York, Edward IV's son. Sir Richard Ratcliff.
- French Meaning: The name Richard is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Richard is: Powerful; strong ruler. A Teutonic name from the European Middle Ages. England's King Richard Coeur de Lion was a crusading knight.
- German Meaning: The name Richard is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Richard is: Powerful; strong ruler. A Teutonic name from the European Middle Ages. England's King Richard Coeur de Lion was a crusading knight.
- Means "brave power", derived from the Germanic elements ric "power, rule" and hard "brave, hardy". The Normans introduced this name to Britain, and it has been very common there since that time. It was borne by three kings of England including Richard I the Lionheart, leader of the Third Crusade in the 12th century. Famous bearers include two German opera composers, Richard Wagner (1813-1883) and Richard Strauss (1864-1949), as well as British explorer Sir Richard Burton (1821-1890) and American musician Little Richard (1932-).
Definition funny of Richard:
- Richard beautiful spiritual consecrated
- What a Richard! = What a dick. Suck my Richard! = Suck my dick. I love Richard! = I love dick.
- "What's your name?" "Richard"
- A richard came to the richard fest with his richard in a box. A richard sucker opened the box, saw the richard and got richard envy. Is a euphemism for: A dick came to the sausage fest with his dick in a box. A cock sucker opened the box, saw the D and got penis envy.
- Is that a phone in your pocket or is Richard happy to see me?
- My name is Dick but most people call me Richard.
- Person 1: What's your name? Person 2: Richard.
Expression information Richard:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Richard:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Richard:
- For Richard - Caravan
- I Think About Richard - Annie Gallup
- Open the Door, Richard - Bob Dylan
- Pool Hall Richard - The Faces
- Richard - Billy Bragg
- Richard Allen George...No, It's Just Cheez - Less Than Jake
- Richard Corey - Simon & Garfunkel
- Richard III - Supergrass
- The Love Of Richard Nixon - Manic Street Preachers
- Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae) (Richard Vission Remix) [feat. Wild Style] by Silentó from the Album Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae) (Remixes)
Books about Richard:
- Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go - Jun 1, 1998 by Richard Scarry
- Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever (Giant Golden Book) - Sep 1, 1999 by Richard Scarry and Golden Books
- Richard Scarry's Busy, Busy World - Jul 14, 2015 by Richard Scarry
- Raging Heat (Nikki Heat) - Aug 25, 2015 by Richard Castle
- Richard: Caveman Instinct --- Gypsy Curse Book 2 - Aug 28, 2015 by Hazel Gower and Rogena Mitchell-Jones
- The God Delusion - Jan 16, 2008 by Richard Dawkins
- Driving Heat (Nikki Heat) - Sep 15, 2015 by Richard Castle
- Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever! (Giant Little Golden Book) - Jun 8, 2000 by Richard Scarry
- What the Mystics Know: Seven Pathways to Your Deeper Self - May 1, 2015 by Richard Rohr
- What Do People Do All Day? - Mar 12, 1968 by Richard Scarry
Movies about Richard:
- Richard Pryor: Live & Smokin1971 R CC
- Richard The Lionheart2014 R CC
- Richard Jeni: A Big Steaming Pile Of Me2005 NR CC
- Mugshots: Richard Sharpe - Murder at Harvard2013 NR CC
- Shakespeare Series: King Richard II2012 NR CC
- Chicago Massacre: Richard Speck2007 R CC
- Richard Dawkins with Brian Greene2013 NR CC
- 92Y - Richard Lewis with Keith Olbermann (April 27, 2008)2011 NR CC
- Richard II2013 NR CC
- Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation2010 NR CC
Wiki information Richard:
- Richard I of England
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Politician, Musical Artist, Film subject, Monarch, Composer, Deceased Person, Person, Military Commander
Richard I was King of England from 6 July 1189 until his death. He also ruled as Duke of Normandy, Duke of Aquitaine, Duke of Gascony, Lord of Cyprus, Count of Poitiers, Count of Anjou, Count of Maine, Count of Nantes, and Overlord of Brittany at...
- Richard Nixon
- Film subject, Appointer, Political Appointer, Deceased Person, Public speaker, Musical Artist, Name source, TV Personality, Organization founder, Literature Subject
Richard Milhous Nixon was the 37th President of the United States, serving from 1969 to 1974 when he became the only U.S. president to resign the office. Nixon had previously served as a U.S. Representative and Senator from California and as the 36th...
- Richard III of England
- Noble person, Politician, Architectural structure owner, Identity, Chivalric Order Member, Family member, Organization founder, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film subject, Name source
Richard III was King of England from 1483 until his death in 1485, at the age of 32, in the Battle of Bosworth Field. He was the last king of the House of York and the last of the Plantagenet dynasty. His defeat at Bosworth Field, the last decisive...
- Richard Attenborough
- Actor, Name source, TV Actor, Film director, Award Nominee, Film producer, TV Personality, Identity, Person, Award Winner
Richard Samuel Attenborough, Baron Attenborough, CBE was an English actor, film director, film producer, entrepreneur and politician. He was the President of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. As a...
- Richard II of England
- Noble person, Political Appointer, Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person, Literature Subject, Politician, Monarch, Person
Richard II, also known as Richard of Bordeaux, was King of England from 1377 until he was deposed on 30 September 1399. Richard, a son of Edward, the Black Prince, was born during the reign of his grandfather, Edward III. Richard was the younger...
- Richard Wagner
- Music critic, , Lyricist, Film story contributor, Person, Dedicatee, Identity, Musical Artist, Dedicator, Broadcast Artist
Richard Wagner is a film score composer.
- Cliff Richard
- Pop Artist, , Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee, Record Producer, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Musical Artist, Broadcast Artist, Theatrical Composer
Sir Cliff Richard OBE is a British pop singer, musician, performer, actor and philanthropist. He has been a resident for most of his life in the United Kingdom, but in 2010 confirmed that he is now also a citizen of Barbados. In addition to his...
- Richard Strauss
- Chamber Artist, Author, Award Winner, Lyricist, Conductor, Topic, Deceased Person, Librettist, Dedicator, Topic
Richard Georg Strauss was a leading German composer of the late Romantic and early modern eras. He is known for his operas, which include Der Rosenkavalier, Elektra, Die Frau ohne Schatten and Salome; his Lieder, especially his Four Last Songs; his...
- Little Richard
- Blues Artist, Hall of fame inductee, Influence Node, Lyricist, Person, Award Winner, Film actor, Identity, Musician, Award Nominee
Richard Wayne Penniman, known by his stage name Little Richard, is an American recording artist, songwriter and musician. An influential figure in popular music and culture for more than six decades, Little Richard's most celebrated work dates from...
- Richard Feynman
- Physicist, Person, Film subject, Academic, Literature Subject, Topic, Person Or Being In Fiction, Influence Node, Chess Player, Film actor
Richard Phillips Feynman, ForMemRS was an American theoretical physicist known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics, and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid...