Meaning : From Germanic origin meaning 'famous warrior' the name has traditionally been used in the term Jolly Roger., Famous spear, Famous Spear,
Pronunciation : ROD jer, (ROD-jer), RAH-jər (English), ro-ZHE (French) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Roger:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Roger:
- Roger was one of the most popular boys' names during the medieval period. It is linked to the likes of Roger Moore (actor), Roger Federer (tennis player) and Roger Rabbit (cartoon character).
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Roger is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Roger is: Famous fighter.
- American Meaning: The name Roger is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Roger is: Famous fighter.
- English Meaning: The name Roger is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Roger is: Famed spear; renowned spearman. Rogelio: (Spanish) 'Renowned spearman.
- German Meaning: The name Roger is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Roger is: Renowned spearman.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Roger is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Roger is: Henry VI, Part 2' Roger Bolingbroke, a conjurer.
- Means "famous spear" from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and ger "spear". The Normans brought this name to England, where it replaced the Old English cognate Hroðgar (the name of the Danish king in the Anglo-Saxon epic 'Beowulf'). It was a common name in England during the Middle Ages. By the 18th century it was rare, but it was revived in following years. The name was borne by the Norman lords Roger I, who conquered Sicily in the 11th century, and his son Roger II, who ruled Sicily as a king.
Definition funny of Roger:
- I am going to roger her. I rogered her something stupid. I rogered her up the arse.
- A: Turn right from next B: Roger
- "Ah, thank you so much sir! You're such a Roger." "I wish all men could be Rogers"
- Roger, I am without a doubt in love with you. <3
- Idiot: I just signed on with Rogers for three years and got the new iPhone!!! Random Guy: Wow you got screwed by Robbers.... They need to fund the Blue Jays somehow... Customer: Wow! Robbers just sent me a bill for $1,002, 232 because I "overused" data....
- Other pilot : "Righto. Roger Roger." Roger : "Why'd you roger Roger me?" Other pilot : "Because I always say 'roger'." Roger : "But why say it twice?" Other pilot : "Well, I'd've said it to you, regardless of your name. I mean-" Roger : "Okay, shut up now-" Other pilot : "-If your name had been Steve, I would've said 'roger Steve'-" Roger : "Shudafukap or I'll crash the plane!"
- "Alright Specialist, make sure you complete maintenance on your vehicle, write your own counseling statement, and clean my weapon. Don't let me catch you sleeping on guard later either. I'm going to the PX." "Roger sergeant."
Expression information Roger:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Roger:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Books about Roger:
- Blood Silence - Thriller (McRyan Mystery Series) - Jul 7, 2015 by Roger Stelljes
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd: A Hercule Poirot Mystery (Hercule Poirot Mysteries) - Feb 1, 2011 by Agatha Christie
- The Winds of Kedem - Jan 1, 2014 by Roger Radford
- FIRST CASE: Murder Alley - Thriller (McRyan Mystery Series) - Feb 22, 2012 by Roger Stelljes
- Deadly Stillwater - Thriller (McRyan Mystery Series) - Jan 12, 2014 by Roger Stelljes
- Fatally Bound - Thriller (McRyan Mystery Series) - Jun 1, 2014 by Roger Stelljes
- Cry of the Needle - Jan 17, 2014 by Roger Radford
- Electing To Murder - Thriller (McRyan Mystery Series) - Mar 1, 2013 by Roger Stelljes
- The Legend of White 19: Corsair action over Okinawa (The Watson Saga Book 3) - Aug 18, 2015 by Roger Maxim
- Vanishing Games: A novel - Jul 7, 2015 by Roger Hobbs
Movies about Roger:
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit1988 PG CC
- Hollywood Collection: Roger Moore - A Matter of Class2009 NR CC
- Roger McGuinn - Live at the Basement2009 NR CC
- The Who: Amazing Journey: Roger Daltrey at the Paley Center2010 NR CC
- Roger & Me1989 R CC
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit: 25th Anniversary Edition1988 PG
- Roger Williams: Freedom's Forgotten Hero2009 NR CC
- Reality UFO Series Volume 1: Travis Walton, Dr. Roger Leir, Billy Meier, Kathleen Anderson2007 NR
- Roger Dodger2002 R CC
- Mystical Traveler The Life and Times of Dr. John-Roger2014 NR
Wiki information Roger:
- Roger Ebert
- Film critic, Deceased Person, Author, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Personality, TV Producer, Film writer, Person, Topic
Roger Joseph Ebert was an American film critic and historian, journalist, screenwriter and author. He was a film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times from 1967 until his death in 2013. In 1975, Ebert was the first film critic to win the Pulitzer Prize...
- Roger Federer
- Tennis Player, Person or entity appearing in film, Organization founder, Tournament event competitor, Topic, Award Nominee, Measured person, Topic, TV program guest, Olympic athlete
Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 2 by the Association of Tennis Professionals. Many commentators and players regard Federer as the greatest tennis player of all time. Federer turned professional in...
- Roger Waters
- Hard rock Artist, Musical Artist, Bassist, Featured artist, Film director, Songwriter, Film writer, Musician, Film actor, Record Producer
George Roger Waters is an English musician, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. In 1965, he co-founded the progressive rock band Pink Floyd with drummer Nick Mason, keyboardist Richard Wright and guitarist, singer, and songwriter...
- Roger II of Sicily
- Military Commander, Family member, Deceased Person, Person, Noble person, Military Person, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction
Roger II was King of Sicily, son of Roger I of Sicily and successor to his brother Simon. He began his rule as Count of Sicily in 1105, became Duke of Apulia and Calabria in 1127, and then King of Sicily in 1130. By the time of his death at the age...
- Roger Daltrey
- Hard rock Artist, Composer, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Identity, Guitarist, Film music contributor, Film producer, TV Personality
Roger Harry Daltrey, CBE is an English singer and actor. In a career spanning more than 50 years, Daltrey came to prominence in the mid 1960s as the founder and lead singer of the English rock band The Who, which released fourteen singles that...
- Roger Corman
- Film director, Film story contributor, Film writer, Influence Node, Author, TV Actor, Identity, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Organization founder
Roger William Corman is an American independent film producer, director and actor. He has been called The Pope of Pop Cinema, and is known as a trail blazer in the world of independent film. Much of Corman's work has an established critical...
- Roger Moore
- Actor, Film actor, TV Director, Award Nominee, Identity, Film producer, TV program guest, TV Personality, TV Actor, TV Producer
Sir Roger George Moore KBE is an English actor. Moore's most notable role is that of the British secret agent James Bond, whom he portrayed in seven feature films between 1973 and 1985; he remains the oldest actor to have played the character. After...
- Roger McGuinn
- Folk rock Artist, Composer, Social network user, Topic, Musician, Person, Musical Artist, Identity, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film
James Roger McGuinn /məˈɡwɪn/ known professionally as Roger McGuinn and previously as Jim McGuinn, is an American musician. He is best known for being the lead singer and lead guitarist on many of The Byrds' records. He is a member of the Rock and...
- Roger Penrose
- Physicist, Academic, Identity, Author, Award Winner, Astronomer, Influence Node, Name source, Person
Sir Roger Penrose OM FRS is an English mathematical physicist, mathematician and philosopher of science. He is the Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford, as well as an Emeritus Fellow...
- Roger Sanchez
- House Artist, Musical Artist, Person, Recording Engineer, Record Producer, Award Nominee, Social network user, Composer, , Award Winner
Roger Sanchez is an American house music DJ, Remixer and Grammy Award Winner for his remix of Hella Good by No Doubt in 2003. He is a four time DJ Awards winner for "Best House DJ" in 1999, 2002, 2004 and 2007 and has received twelve nominations in...