Meaning : Pretty Rose, Meaning 'horse' or 'sheild of lime wood' or 'rose'., Gentle Horse,
Pronunciation : ROH za lind, (RAAZahLahND), ROZ-ə-lind ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Rosalind:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Rosalind:
- Rosalind is a feminine name of Old German origin and its meaning is said to be ‘Gentle Horse’. It was popularised in England by William Shakespeare in his play ‘A You Like It’. It is mainly found in English speaking countries.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Rosalind is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Rosalind is: Beautiful; pretty rose.
- American Meaning: The name Rosalind is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Rosalind is: Beautiful; pretty rose.
- German Meaning: The name Rosalind is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Rosalind is: Compound of 'horse' and 'snake'.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Rosalind is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Rosalind is: As You Like It' Daughter to the banished Duke.
- Derived from the Germanic elements hros "horse" and linde "soft, tender". The Normans introduced this name to England, though it was not common. During the Middle Ages its spelling was influenced by the Latin phrase rosa linda "beautiful rose". The name was popularized by Edmund Spencer, who used it in his poetry, and by William Shakespeare, who used it for the heroine in his comedy 'As You Like It' (1599).
Definition funny of Rosalind:
- ROSALIND IS A TYPICAL PARTY GIRL WITH A FIREY TEMPER
- Wow, you look very Rosalind today.
- Is she is amazing her name is Rosalind
- "IM NOT FAT!" -Rosalind
Expression information Rosalind:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Rosalind:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Rosalind:
- Rosalind (You Married the Wrong Guy) by The Waterboys from the Album Modern Blues
- Aftonvisa Till Rosalind by Peder Svan from the Album Om Kärlek Sjunger jag
- Caribbean Birthday Rosalind by Kiskadee from the Album Personalized Caribbean Steel Drum Birthday Songs 9
- Die Fledermaus: Trinke Liebchen, trinke schnell?Glucklich ist, wer vergisst (Alfred, Rosalind) by Fritz Wunderlich from the Album Wunderlich, Fritz: Legend (The) - Arias, Opera and Operetta Scenes and Songs
- Enter Rosalind, Melancholy by Robert W. Parker from the Album Peace! What Noise?
- Fair Rosalind by John Franceschina from the Album Music for the Theatre By John Franceschina
- Gigue (Scottish Smallpipes) [feat. EJ Jones & Rosalind Buda] by Alternative Pipers from the Album Pipers Gathering 2014
- Happy Birthday Rosalind by Happy Birthday Library from the Album Happy Birthday R-S
- Happy Birthday Rosalind by Special Occasions Library from the Album Happy Birthday R-S
- Happy Christmas Rosalind by Special Occasions Library from the Album Happy Christmas R-S
Books about Rosalind:
- Rosalind - Mar 13, 2013 by Stephen Paden
- Annabelle: A Regency Romance (The Four Sisters' Series Book 2) - Apr 29, 2015 by Audrey Harrison
- Rosalind: A Regency Romance (The Four Sisters Series Book 1) - Apr 29, 2015 by Audrey Harrison
- Just in Time (Escape to New Zealand Book 8) - Jun 30, 2015 by Rosalind James
- Carry Me Home (Paradise, Idaho) - Jun 16, 2015 by Rosalind James
- Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl... - Oct 13, 2009 by Rosalind Wiseman
- Just for Fun: Escape to New Zealand Book Four - Dec 31, 2012 by Rosalind James
- Grace: A Regency Romance (The Four Sisters' Series Book 3) - Apr 29, 2015 by Audrey Harrison
- Fierce (Not Quite a Billionaire) - Jul 6, 2015 by Rosalind James
- Masterminds and Wingmen: Helping Our Boys Cope with Schoolyard Power, Locker-Room Tests, Girlfriends, and the... - Jul 29, 2014 by Rosalind Wiseman
Movies about Rosalind:
- Life is a Banquet: The Rosalind Russell Story2013 NR
- The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh [HD]2013 NR CC
- Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh2012 Unrated
- Life is a Banquet: The Rosalind Russell Story2009
- Supernatural Triple Feature2015 R
- REASONS FOR OUR HOPE: A BIBLE STUDY ON THE GOSPEL OF LUKE (SEASON 1)W/ ROSALIND MOSS * AN EWTN 4-DISC DVD
- Highlights from Arena di Verona / Kiri Te Kanawa, Rosalind Plowright, Eva Marton2009 NR
- Auntie Mame LASER DISC Starring Rosalind Russell
- Rosalind Russell: Double Feature #11940 NR
- REASONS FOR OUR HOPE: A BIBLE STUDY ON THE GOSPEL OF LUKE (SEASON 2)W/ ROSALIND MOSS * AN EWTN 4-DISC DVD
Wiki information Rosalind:
- Rosalind Franklin
- Physicist, Academic, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Person, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction
Rosalind Elsie Franklin was an English chemist and X-ray crystallographer who made contributions to the understanding of the fine molecular structures of DNA, RNA, viruses, coal, and graphite. Although her works on coal and viruses were appreciated...
- Moon, Astronomical Discovery, Celestial Object, Namesake, Star system body, Orbital Relationship
Rosalind is an inner satellite of Uranus. It was discovered from the images taken by Voyager 2 on 13 January 1986, and was given the temporary designation S/1986 U 4. It was named after the daughter of the banished Duke in William Shakespeare's play...
- Rosalind Russell
- Actor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Film story contributor, TV Actor, Musical Artist, Identity, Featured artist, Person, Topic
Rosalind Russell was an American actress of stage and screen, known for her role as fast-talking newspaper reporter Hildy Johnson in the Howard Hawks screwball comedy His Girl Friday, as well as for her portrayals of Mame Dennis in Auntie Mame and...
- Film character, Theater Character, Book Character, Fictional Character, Name source
Rosalind is the heroine and protagonist of the play As You Like It by William Shakespeare. She is the beautiful daughter of the exiled Duke Senior and niece to his usurping brother Duke Frederick. Her father is banished from the kingdom which breaks...
- Rosalind Chao
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Person
Rosalind Chao is an American actress. Chao's best-known roles have been as a star of CBS's AfterMASH portraying South Korean refugee Soon-Lee Klinger for both seasons, and the recurring character Keiko O'Brien with twenty-seven appearances on the...
- City/Town/Village, Dated location, Statistical region, Location
Rosalind is a village located in the prairies of central Alberta, Canada. It is located on Highway 854, approximately 120 kilometres southeast of Edmonton and 30 kilometres southeast of Camrose, the closest major trading centre. The name Rosalind was...
- Rosalind Cash
- Actor, Film actor, Topic, Deceased Person, Person, Theater Actor, Influence Node, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee
Rosalind Cash was an American singer and actress. Her best known film role is as Charlton Heston's character's love interest Lisa, in the 1971 science fiction film, The Omega Man. To soap opera audiences, she is probably best remembered as Mary Mae...
- Rosalind Knight
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Person
Rosalind Knight is an English actress. She is the daughter of actor Esmond Knight and his first wife, Frances Clare, and the stepdaughter of actress Nora Swinburne. Her career has spanned fifty years on stage, screen and television, and she continues...
- Rosalind Ayres
- Actor, Theater Actor, TV Actor, Person, Film actor, Topic, Video Game Actor, Influence Node
Rosalind Ayres is an English actress. Active since 1970, Ayres is well known for her role in the 1997 film Titanic, in which she played Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon.
- Rosalind E. Krauss
- Professor, Author, Award Winner, Person
Rosalind Epstein Krauss is an American art critic, art theorist and a professor at Columbia University in New York City. Krauss is known for her scholarship in 20th-century painting, sculpture and photography. As a critic and theorist she has...