Meaning : Derived from Old English origin meaning 'scarlet cloth' it is an alternative spelling of the English name Scarlett., Scarlet,
Pronunciation : SKAHR-lət , (SKAHR-leht), SKAHR let,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Scarlet:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Scarlet:
- Scarlet is a name of English origins. The meaning of Scarlettis red. Common spelling variations include Scarlett and Scarlette. Scarlett is a popular name and was girl name #42 in 2013 per the Social Security Administration. In addition, the variation Scarlet was #370 and Scarlette was #874. When combined with the spelling variation Scarlett, Scarlet was #9 among WikiName.net user lists in 2014. The WikiName.net user list predicts popularity about 3-5 years ahead. Famous actress Scarlett Johnsson may be a reason for the popularity boom of this name. In the 1930’s, another Scarlett likely affected naming trends: Scarlett O’Hara from Gone With the Wind. There is also a character named Scarlett O’Connor on the American t.v. show, Nashville. The spelling Scarlet tends to be associated with sur names such as the character Miss Scarlet in the game of Clue and Will Scarlet from Robin Hood. It is also in the name of two very famous books: The Scarlet Letter and The Scarlet Pimpernel. WikiName.net users who like the name Scarlet tend to also like trendy names with a Latin flare.
- Scarlet, most often spelt as Scarlett, is a feminine name of English origin, it comes directly from the English word for the colour, which is of a red shade. It was bought into popular usage because of the success of Margaret Mitchell’s novel Gone with the Wind, which was adapted to film and starred Clark Gable. In the story Scarlett O’Hara is played by Vivien Leigh. Scarlett Johansson is an American actress.
- English Meaning: The name Scarlet is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Scarlet is: Red.
- Either a variant of SCARLETT or else from the English word for the red colour. The word is derived (via Old French and Medieval Latin) from Persian سقرلاط (saghrilat), the name of a type of cloth.
Definition funny of Scarlet:
- He seems very Scarlet. She wishes she was Scarlet.
- Ohhh Jeeeesus! I just slipped in shite! Fookin Scarleh!! (Scarlet) Translation - Oh dear, I appear to have slipped in excrement, how embarassing.
- shes up for a laugh and you can take her out to dinner she must be scarlet. well even after all the fancy partys i wouldnt have expected scarlet to be the one still sober.
- P1:You know Scarlet? P2: Yeah, what about her? P1: I think im in love with her, she is so pretty and smart and good at sports and her name is so beautiful.. P2: ... ok...
- My top fell off at the disco last night. Aw, scarlet! Also used with "scarlet for yer ma for having ya." When suggesting that your mother must be ashamed of you.
- Scarlet is pretty
- There I was dancing away and all the time me skirt was caught up in me knickers - I was SCAR-leh!
Expression information Scarlet:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Scarlet:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Scarlet:
- Scarlet's Walk - Tori Amos
- Scarlet Begonias by The Grateful Dead from the Album From The Mars Hotel
- Scarlet by In This Moment from the Album Rise of the Blood Legion: The Best Of (Chapter 1)
- Scarlet Ribbons by Kate Smith from the Album Sings Folk Songs
- The Scarlet Tide by Alison Krauss from the Album A Hundred Miles Or More: A Collection
- Scarlet Thread by Jj Heller from the Album Sound of a Living Heart
- Scarlet by Periphery from the Album Periphery II
- Gone With The Wind: Part 1, Tara's Theme, Invitation To The Dance, Melanie's Theme, Ashley, The Prayer, Bonnie... by London Sinfonia from the Album Gone With The Wind
- The Scarlet Dawn by Varien from the Album The Scarlet Dawn
- The Scarlet Worm (1947) by Basil Rathbone & Nigel Bruce from the Album Sherlock Holmes - Old Time Radio Show, Vol. Two
Books about Scarlet:
- Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2) (The Lunar Chronicles) - Feb 4, 2014 by Marissa Meyer
- Scarlet - Feb 26, 2013 by A.C. Gaughen
- The Scarlet Letter - May 7, 2015 by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Scarlet (cronicas lunares 2) (Las Crónicas Lunares / Lunar Chronicles) (Spanish Edition) - Aug 13, 2013 by Marissa Meyer
- Scarlett: The Sequel to Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With the Wind" - Sep 26, 2007 by Alexandra Ripley and Stephens Mitchell
- Scarlet, Book 1 - Jul 20, 2011 by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
- The Scarlet Letter (Dover Thrift Editions) - May 2, 1994 by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Cress (The Lunar Chronicles) - Jan 27, 2015 by Marissa Meyer
- The Scarlet Letter - Sep 20, 2013 by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Scarlet Pimpernel - May 16, 2012 by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Movies about Scarlet:
- Scarlet Clue, The2012 NR CC
- The Scarlet Letter (English Subtitled)2004 NR
- A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes) (1933)2007 NR CC
- Scarlet Pimpernel2007 NR CC
- The Scarlet Pimpernel2013 NR CC
- Scarlet Street1945 NR CC
- The Scarlet Letter1995 R CC
- What's Up, Scarlet?2009 NR CC
- The Scarlet And The Black2008 NR
- Captain Scarlet Season 11967
Wiki information Scarlet:
Scarlet is brilliant red color with a tinge of orange. In the spectrum of visible light, and on the traditional color wheel, it is one-quarter of the way between red and orange, slightly less orange than vermilion. According to surveys in Europe and...
- Wanda Maximoff
- Film character, Comic Book Character, Fictional Character
The Scarlet Witch is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in X-Men #4 and was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The character has since starred in two self-titled limited...
- Scarlet fever
- ICD-9-CM Classification, Cause Of Death, Disease or medical condition, Infectious Disease
Scarlet fever is an infectious disease which most commonly affects children. Signs and symptoms include sore throat, fever, and a characteristic red rash. Scarlet fever is usually spread by inhalation. No vaccine is known, but the disease is...
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights football
- School sports team, Sports Team, American football team
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights football team represents Rutgers University in the Football Bowl Subdivision of the National Collegiate Athletics Association. The team was formerly a member of the American Athletic Conference, of which it was a football...
- Will Scarlet
- Film character, TV Character, Fictional Character
Will Scarlet O'Hara is a fictional character from the 1993 film Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- Athletics brand
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights are the athletic teams that represent Rutgers University's New Brunswick campus. In sports, Rutgers is chiefly known for being the "Birthplace of College Football," hosting the first ever intercollegiate football game on 6...
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights men's basketball
- School sports team, Sports Team, Basketball Team
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights men's basketball team represents Rutgers University in NCAA Division I college basketball competition. Rutgers competes in the Big Ten Conference.
- The Scarlet Letter
- Historical Novel, Adapted Work, Work of Fiction, Literature Subject, Written Work, Book
The Scarlet Letter: A Romance is an 1850 work of fiction in a historical setting, written by Nathaniel Hawthorne, and is considered to be his magnum opus. Set in 17th-century Puritan Boston, Massachusetts, during the years 1642 to 1649, it tells the...
- Scarlet macaw
- Biological Species, Organism Classification
The scarlet macaw is a large, red, yellow and blue South American parrot, a member of a large group of Neotropical parrots called macaws. It is native to humid evergreen forests of tropical South America. Range extends from extreme south-eastern...
- The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Historical Novel, Adapted Work, Quotation Source, Play, Written Work, Book, Work of Fiction
The Scarlet Pimpernel is a play and adventure novel by Emma Orczy set during the Reign of Terror following the start of the French Revolution. The title character, Sir Percy Blakeney, a wealthy English fop who transforms into a formidable swordsman...