Meaning : Man from Sebasté, Venerable, From the Latin surname meaning 'from Sebaste', refering to people from an area in what was then known as Asia Minor (Turkey). Saint Sebastian is the patron saint of Soldiers and athletes.,
Pronunciation : ze-BAHS-tee-ahn (German), sə-BAS-chən (English), se-BAHS-tyahn (Polish), SE-bahs-tee-ahn (Finnish) , (Se-BAHS-tee-ahN), SEB ass ti an,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Sebastian:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Sebastian:
- Sebastian is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Sebastian is venerable. Alternate spellings include Sabastian and Sebastion. Common nicknames include Seb, Bas, Bash, and Subby. The popularity of the name increased with the telling of the Biblical story of Saint Sebastian. Famous Sebastians include Sebastian Cabot, a British actor. Sebastian Bach is a heavy metal singer. Sebastian Coe is an athlete who became a member of Parliament. Sebastian Faulks is a British author. One of the most famous fictional Sebastians is the crab from The Little Mermaid, whose full name is Horatio Thelonious Ignacious Crutaceous Sebastian. Lord Sebastian is from Brideshead Revisited and Colonel Sebastian Moran is a character in the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Sebastian Monroe is a fictional president in the T.V. show Revolution. People who like the name Sebastian also like names that are old-fashioned and multi-syllabic.
- From the Latin name Sebastianus, a Roman soldier sainted following his martyrdom via his fellow officers' arrows. Meaning 'man from Sebasté', which was a city in Asia, Sebastian is a name borne by such figures as Johann Sebastian Bach (composer) and one half of the band Belle and Sebastian.
- Greek Meaning: The name Sebastian is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Sebastian is: Revered.
- American Meaning: The name Sebastian is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Sebastian is: Revered.
- Latin Meaning: The name Sebastian is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Sebastian is: Venerable; revered. The twin brother of Viola in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. A third-century martyred centurion who became St. Sebastian patron saint of soldiers.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Sebastian is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Sebastian is: Twelfth Night', also called 'What You Will' Brother of Viola. 'The Tempest' Sebastian, brother to Alonso.
- With famous namesakes ranging from a crab (The Little Mermaid) to a classical composer (Mr. Bach), Sebastian is quickly climbing up the charts. Parents like the classic but unique and somewhat edgy sound, catching on to a name that’s long been popular in the UK. The Disney movie definitely helped raise its profile -- in 1989, the year it came out, Sebastian ranked 412; the next year, 320. It jumped again at the beginning of the twenty-first century, and should continue to rise in the coming years. If you’re worried about the long, formal feel of the name, consider nicknames like Seb and Bas.
- From the Latin name Sebastianus which meant "from Sebaste". Sebaste was the name a town in Asia Minor, its name deriving from Greek σεβαστος (sebastos) "venerable" (a translation of Latin Augustus, the title of the Roman emperors). Saint Sebastian was a 3rd-century Roman soldier martyred by arrows after it was discovered he was a Christian. Due to the saint's popularity, the name came into general use in medieval Europe, especially in Spain and France. It was also borne by a 16th-century king of Portugal who died in a crusade against Morocco.
Definition funny of Sebastian:
- "He is such a Sebastian" "typical nice Sebastian"
- No example, because anyone who could possibly make one is killed by the Sebastian ninja.
- There may be many men in this world but there is no other man like Sebastian. I love him with all my heart...
- Sarah gave me a sebastian while we were having dinner with her parents.
- Look, it's Sebastian, the cheese monster!
- the perfect name for you is, Sebastian.
- WHoaaa that sebastian guy is soo kool, i want too be his friend
Expression information Sebastian:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Sebastian:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Sebastian:
- San Sebastian - Alien Ant Farm
- My Eyes (feat. Gwen Sebastian) by Blake Shelton from the Album Based on a True Story... (Deluxe Version)
- My Eyes (feat. Gwen Sebastian) by Blake Shelton from the Album The Blake Shelton Collection
- Night in San Sebastian by Diane Arkenstone from the Album Stories
- San Sebastian Strut (Cumbia Soul) by The Quantic Soul Orchestra from the Album Tropidelico
- Sebastian by Hande Yener from the Album Sebastian
- Violin Sonata in a Minor, Bwv 1003: IV. Allegro - Johann Sebastian Bach by Rich Barry from the Album Guitarist
- Toccata and Fugue In D Minor By Johann Sebastian Bach (Tom Rossi Halloween Dance Remix) by Monster's Halloween Dance Music from the Album Halloween Techno Party Music - The Ultimate Collection
- Violin Sonata in a Minor, Bwv 1003: III. Andante - Johann Sebastian Bach by Rich Barry from the Album Guitarist
- Happy Birthday Sebastian by The Birthday Bunch from the Album Happy Birthday Sebastian
Books about Sebastian:
- Sebastian - Dec 21, 2013 by Rigby Taylor
- Sebastian and the Balloon - Oct 7, 2014 by Philip C. Stead
- Sebastian (The Beck Brothers Series #2) - May 30, 2013 by Andria Large and Megan Hershenson
- Sebastian (Ephemera, Book 1) - Mar 6, 2007 by Anne Bishop
- Sebastian's Roller Skates - Sep 10, 2005 by Joan De Deu Prats and Francesc Rovira
- Sebastian - Apr 8, 2014 by Pamela Ervin
- Sebastian: Her Warlock Protector Book 2 - Mar 17, 2015 by Hazel Hunter
- Sebastian (The Three Nations Trilogy Book 2) - Nov 23, 2013 by Christoph Fischer
- The Seduction of Sebastian St James (Renwick House Book 2) - Dec 8, 2014 by Rachel Van Dyken
- Family of Lies: Sebastian - Mar 18, 2015 by Sam Argent
Movies about Sebastian:
- Belle and Sebastian2015 NR CC
- Sebastian (English Subtitled)1995 NR
- Sebastian Maniscalco - Aren't You Embarrassed?2015 NR CC
- Sebastian Live2015 NR CC
- Sebastian Bergman Season 1 (English Subtitled)2010
- Wagner, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg - Sebastian Weigle, Katharina Wagner, Bayreuther Festspielhaus2015 G CC
- Sebastian Maniscalco: What's Wrong With People?2012 NR CC
- Sebastian Maniscalco: Aren't You Embarrassed?2015 NR
- Alternate Routes San Sebastian2006 NR CC
- Sebastian Maniscalco - What's Wrong With People2011 NR
Famous about Sebastian:
- Sebastian - character in The Little Mermaid
- Sebastian Stan - actor
- Sebastian Junger - author
- Johann Sebastian Bach - composer
- Sebastian Bach - musician
Infamous about Sebastian:
- Sebastian Valmont - character in Cruel Intentions
Wiki information Sebastian:
- Johann Sebastian Bach
- Classical Artist, Broadcast Artist, Topic, Musician, Deceased Person, Name source, Award Nominee, Person, , Author
Johann Sebastian Bach was a German composer and musician of the Baroque period. He enriched established German styles through his skill in counterpoint, harmonic and motivic organisation, and the adaptation of rhythms, forms, and textures from...
- San Sebastián International Film Festival
- Recurring event, Film festival
The San Sebastián International Film Festival is an annual FIAPF A category film festival held in the Spanish city of Donostia-San Sebastián in September, in the Basque Country. Since its creation in 1953 it has established itself as one of the most...
- Saint Sebastian
- Person, Literature Subject, Art Subject, Deceased Person, Name source
Saint Sebastian was an early Christian saint and martyr. According to Christian belief, he was killed during the Roman emperor Diocletian's persecution of Christians. He is commonly depicted in art and literature tied to a post or tree and shot with...
- Sebastian Vettel
- Racecar driver, Award Nominee, TV program guest, Measured person, Person, Competitor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Personality, Athlete
Sebastian Vettel is a German racing driver, currently driving in Formula One for Scuderia Ferrari. He is contracted to remain in that role until at least the end of 2017. He is a four-time Formula One World Champion, having won the championship in...
- Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Newspaper circulation area, City/Town/Village, Dated location, HUD County Place, Location
Sebastian is a city in Indian River County, State of Florida, United States. In 2010, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau was 21,929. Sebastian is a principal city of the Sebastian−Vero Beach Metropolitan Statistical Area, which...
- San Sebastian College – Recoletos de Manila
- Location, Educational Institution, Educational Institution Campus, Employer, Organization, College/University
San Sebastian College – Recoletos, commonly known by its nickname Bastê, is a Catholic institution of higher learning in the Philippines. The school is a part of the Augustinian Recollect schools in the Philippines, and is owned and operated by the...
- Sebastian of Portugal
- Deceased Person, Politician, Military Person, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Military Commander, Person
Dom Sebastian I was King of Portugal and the Algarves from 11 June 1557 to 4 August 1578 and the penultimate Portuguese monarch of the House of Aviz. He was the son of John Manuel, Prince of Portugal, and his wife, Joanna of Austria. He was the...
- Belle & Sebastian
- Folk rock Artist, Award Winner, Topic, Musical Group, Award Nominee, Broadcast Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Namesake, Musician, Social network user
Belle and Sebastian are a Scottish indie pop band formed in Glasgow in January 1996. Led by Stuart Murdoch, the band has released 9 albums to date. Though often praised by critics, Belle and Sebastian has enjoyed only limited commercial...
- Sebastián Piñera
- Politician, Person
Miguel Juan Sebastián Piñera Echenique was the 36th President of Chile. He was elected in January 2010 and took office two months later. Due to term limits, he did not stand for re-election in 2013, and his term expired in March 2014. His prior...
- Sebastian Coe
- Politician, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Tournament event competitor, Measured person, Chivalric Order Member, Person, Award Winner, Noble person, Olympic athlete
Sebastian Newbold Coe, Baron Coe, CH, KBE, often referred to as Seb Coe or Lord Coe, is a British politician and former track and field athlete. As a middle-distance runner, Coe won four Olympic medals, including the 1500 metres gold medal at the...