Meaning : From The Stony Field, Stone clearing, From the stony field, This name was originally a surname based on a place name, meaning ' stoney clearing'.,
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : STAN lee, (stan-lee), STAN-lee ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Stanley:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Stanley:
- Stanley, originally a place name to describe a stoney field, was adopted as a surname and subsequently a first name. The name's popularity peaked around the turn of the 20th century.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Stanley is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Stanley is: Henry VI, Part 2' Sir John Stanley. 'King Henry the Sixth, Part III' Sir William Stanley. 'King Richard III' Lord Stanley, called also Earl of Derby.
- American Meaning: The name Stanley is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Stanley is: Henry VI, Part 2' Sir John Stanley. 'King Henry the Sixth, Part III' Sir William Stanley. 'King Richard III' Lord Stanley, called also Earl of Derby.
- English Meaning: The name Stanley is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Stanley is: Stony field; lives by the stony grove.
- From a surname meaning "stone clearing" in Old English. A notable bearer of the surname was the British-American explorer and journalist Sir Henry Morton Stanley (1841-1904), the man who found David Livingstone in Africa. As a given name, it was borne by American director Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999), as well as the character Stanley Kowalski in Tennessee Williams' play 'A Streetcar Named Desire' (1947).
Definition funny of Stanley:
- Wat the efff r u doin stanley. Stanley: nutin calm down be chill jeez
- Stan: Hey honey, are you sore? Does your back hurt again? Bryant: Yes. My back does hurt. I think I slept on it wrong. Stan: Well, no problem. I know how to fix that. Here, let's do a Stanley S. (he bends himself into an S) Easy, now. There you go. This feels creamy, doesn't it? Bryant: Yeah, it does feel good. This is one of the nicest stretches. Stan: Now, reverse the bend. S your body the other way. See, like this. (he forms a reverse S with his body) See, like that! Now, hold that for a few seconds and then touch your toes. Easy, right? Rabbit: What's that? I haven't tried it. Can you show me? I want to learn how. You know, I'm stiff. Stan: Sure! Just make an S with your body. First one way. (he shows her the Stanley S) And then the other way. And then you touch your toes at the end. Rabbit: (tries the Stanley S) Wow! Great stretch Stanley. I oughta try this everyday! Stan: Well, about ten of those everyday and your back will get the best stretch in the world. Its nothing less than the Stanley S!
- "Wow Maddie look at his penis its Stanley Sized!" Or "Back off Bitch Stanley is mine"
- What are we doing? Whats the fucking stanley?
- Tonight is my last night in Chicago. Stanley's. No excuses.
- John:Hey did ya hear Katie got knocked up and Mikes the dad. Frank:No way! How did that happen? John:Oh he pulled a Stanley Frank:Dumbass!
- Chyyy you seen stanley with them gator toe shoes on. He sholl think he's clean...
Expression information Stanley:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Stanley:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Stanley:
- Stanley Climbfall - Lifehouse (also name of the album)
- Stanley by Jazmine Sullivan from the Album Reality Show
- Cavatina - Stanley Myers by Rich Barry from the Album Guitarist
- I Like To Dance The Swedish Waltz (feat. Alan Stanley) by The Morrie Morrison Orchestra from the Album Post WW1 Gramophone Era
- The Lonesome River (With Ralph Stanley) by Bob Dylan featuring Ralph Stanley from the Album Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series Vol. 8
- Rank Stranger (feat. Nathan Stanley) by Ralph Stanley from the Album Man of Constant Sorrow
- Dies Irae (Theme From The Movie "The Shining" By Stanley Kubrick (Original Story By Stephen King) - Excerpt Of... by Stanley Kubrick - The Shining from the Album Stanley Kubrick : Music From His Greatest Movies
- Waltz No. 2 (From The Movie "Eyes Wide Shut" By Stanley Kubrick - Dmitri Shostakovich - Performed By The Tbilisi... by Stanley Kubrick - Eyes Wide Shut from the Album Stanley Kubrick : Music From His Greatest Movies
- Stanley the Steamer by Dexter Gordon from the Album The Jazz Effect - Dexter Gordon
- No Woman No Cry (Live at the Stanley Theatre - 9/23/1980) by Bob Marley from the Album Live Forever: The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA, September 23, 1980
Books about Stanley:
- Stanley (I Can Read Book 1) - Oct 25, 1978 by Syd Hoff
- The Principle of the Path: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be - Mar 28, 2011 by Andy Stanley
- Stanley's Diner - Sep 1, 2015 by William Bee
- Stanley: The Impossible Life of Africa's Greatest Explorer - Oct 28, 2008 by Tim Jeal
- The Making of Stanley Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey' - Sep 5, 2015 by Piers Bizony and M/M (Paris)
- Flat Stanley: His Original Adventure! - Dec 23, 2013 by Jeff Brown and Macky Pamintuan
- How to Let God Solve Your Problems: 12 Keys for Finding Clear Guidance in Life's Trials - Jun 8, 2008 by Charles Stanley
- Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!: The Story of Pop Music from Bill Haley to Beyoncé - Sep 14, 2015 by Bob Stanley
- Aurora - Jul 7, 2015 by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Stanley's Party - Aug 1, 2004 by Linda Bailey and Bill Slavin
Movies about Stanley:
- Marvin Seth and Stanley [HD]2014 NR CC
- Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau2015 Unrated CC
- Shining Secrets of the Stanley Hotel2012 NR
- Chicago Blackhawks 2015 Stanley Cup Champions2015 NR CC
- Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures2001 NR CC
- The Shining1980 R
- Chicago Blackhawks - 2013 Stanley Cup Champions Season 12013 CC
- Los Angeles Kings Stanley Cup 2014 Champions [HD]2014 NR CC
- The Golden Girls: Season 41985 Unrated
- NHL Stanley Cup Champions 2015: Chicago Blackhawks2015 NR
Wiki information Stanley:
- Morgan Stanley
- Security Brokers, Dealers, and Flotation Companies Business, Business Operation, Issuer, Organization, Organization leader, Venture Investor, Employer, Literature Subject, Shareholder, Person
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Morgan Stanley operates in 42 countries and has more than 1300 offices and 60,000 employees....
- Stanley Cup
- Sports League Championship, Namesake, Recurring event, Identity, Sports League Award Type
The Stanley Cup is the championship trophy awarded annually to the National Hockey League playoff winner. Originally commissioned in 1892 as the Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup, the trophy is named for Lord Stanley of Preston, then–Governor General of...
- Political District, City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Listed Site, Location, Dated location, Capital of administrative division
Stanley is the capital of the Falkland Islands. It is located on the island of East Falkland, on a north-facing slope in one of the wettest parts of the islands. At the 2012 census, the town had a population of 2,121; the entire population of the...
- Stanley Kubrick
- Film director, Name source, Person or entity appearing in film, Fictional Character Creator, Author, Film cinematographer, Film writer, Film producer, Chess Player, Person
Stanley Kubrick was an American film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer, editor and photographer. Part of the New Hollywood film-making wave, Kubrick's films are considered by film historian Michel Ciment to be "among the most...
- Accrington Stanley F.C.
- Football team, Organization, Sports Team
Accrington Stanley Football Club is an English football club based in Accrington, Lancashire. The club participates in Football League Two, the fourth tier of the English football league system. The club was formed in 1968, with the town regaining a...
- 2013 Stanley Cup Finals
- Stanley Cup Finals, Sports League Championship Event, Event
The 2013 Stanley Cup Final, commonly known as the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, was the championship series of the National Hockey League 2012–13 season, and the conclusion of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs. This was the 120th year of the Stanley Cup's...
- Edward Smith-Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby
- Politician, Deceased Person, Organization leader, Person, Name source, Noble person
Edward George Geoffrey Smith-Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby KG PC was a British statesman, three times Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and to date the longest serving leader of the Conservative Party. He was known before 1834 as Edward Stanley,...
- 2010 Stanley Cup Finals
- Sports League Championship Event, Event
The 2010 Stanley Cup Final was the best-of-seven NHL championship series of the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs contested between the Western Conference champion Chicago Blackhawks and the Eastern Conference champion Philadelphia Flyers. It was Chicago's...
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Manufacturing Business, Business Operation, Identity, Employer, Issuer, Consumer company, Organization, Ranked item
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., formerly known as The Stanley Works, is a Fortune 500 American manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of security products and locks headquartered in New Britain, Connecticut. Stanley Black...
- Stanley Baldwin
- Politician, Military Person, Noble person, Author, Person, Organization member, Deceased Person, Chivalric Order Member, Identity
Stanley Baldwin, 1st Earl Baldwin of Bewdley, KG, PC, FRS was a British Conservative politician, who dominated the government in his country between the two world wars. Three times Prime Minister, he is the only premier to have served under three...