Meaning : Instigator, From the Latin name Terentius of unknown meaning and origin, however it is also the Irish form of Toirdhealbhach meaning 'instigator'., Of unknown meaning, Of Unknown Meaning,
Pronunciation : (TEHRahNS), TEH rense, TER-ənts ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Terence:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Terence:
- Primarily a Latin name from the Roman Terentius. Specifics regarding the origin are unknown. It is also thought of in modern times as a back-formation of Terry. Considered in Ireland to be an Anglicized form of the Gaelic word 'Turlough'.
- Latin Meaning: The name Terence is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Terence is: Smooth.
- American Meaning: The name Terence is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Terence is: Smooth.
- English Meaning: The name Terence is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Terence is: Roman clan name Terrance.
- Irish Meaning: The name Terence is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Terence is: Roman clan name Terrance.
- Norse Meaning: The name Terence is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Terence is: Like Thor (Thor was the head of the Norse pantheon and god of thunder).
- From the Roman family name Terentius which is of unknown meaning. Famous bearers include Publius Terentius Afer, a Roman playwright, and Marcus Terentius Varro, a Roman scholar. It was also borne by several early saints. The name was used in Ireland as an Anglicized form of TOIRDHEALBHACH, but it was not in use as an English name until the late 19th century.
Definition funny of Terence:
- All the good Terence's live in Cape Town
- I'm gonna break up with my boyfriend and bone me some Terence. That guy was such a freakin Terence!
- I married me a Terence.
- wow I want to be like Te' rence
- Pablo, you know you're a Terence
- You are a right Terence in that hat Bob.
- "Steve is a right Terence" Probable origin: Internet craze of Terence the Transvestite Teddy
Expression information Terence:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Terence:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Terence:
- Lenny and Terence - Carter USM
- Ma Belle Evangeline (Feat. Terence Blanchard On Trumpet) by Jim Cummings from the Album The Princess And The Frog
- When We're Human (Feat. Terence Blanchard) by Leon-Wooley from the Album The Princess And The Frog
- A Child With The Blues [feat. Terence Blanchard] by Erykah Badu from the Album Baduizm - Special Edition
- Wishing Well (Karaoke Version) (Originally Performed By Terence Trent D'arby) by Sunfly Abraxa from the Album Karaoke Hits: Terence Trent D'arby
- Mack The Knife [feat. Terence Blanchard] by Dr. John from the Album Ske-Dat-De-Dat?The Spirit Of Satch
- Let Her Down Easy (Karaoke Version) (Originally Performed By Terence Trent D'arby) by Sunfly Abraxa from the Album Karaoke Hits: Terence Trent D'arby
- Take Down Your Flag (feat. Ivan Neville & Terence Higgins) by Ani Difranco from the Album Take Down Your Flag - Single
- Silver Moon (feat. Common & Terence Blanchard) by Cassandra Wilson from the Album Silver Moon (feat. Common & Terence Blanchard)
- Feelin' Kinda High feat. Terence F.M. (Vocal Mix) by Cajmere from the Album Only 4 U: The Sound Of Cajmere & Cajual Records 1992-2012
Books about Terence:
- The Comedies of Terence - May 11, 2012 by Terence and George Colman
- Terence The Comedies (Oxford World's Classics) - Jan 11, 2010 by Terence and Peter Brown
- The Comedies (Penguin Classics) - Nov 18, 1976 by Terence and Betty Radice
- Terence, Volume I. The Woman of Andros. The Self-Tormentor. The Eunuch (Loeb Classical Library No. 22) - Jan 14, 2002 by Terence and John Barsby
- Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human... - Jan 1, 1993 by Terence McKenna
- Terence, Volume II. Phormio. The Mother-In-Law. The Brothers (Loeb Classical Library No. 23) - Jan 14, 2002 by Terence and John Barsby
- Where I'm From: The Journey of a Famous Nobody - Aug 29, 2015 by Terence James
- Classical Thought (A History of Western Philosophy) - Dec 29, 1988 by Terence Irwin
- Delphi Complete Works of Terence (Illustrated) (Delphi Ancient Classics Book 6) - Jan 7, 2013 by Terence
- Five Comedies: Miles Gloriosus, Menaechmi, Bacchides, Hecyra and Adelphoe (Hackett Publishing Co.) - Sep 15, 1999 by Titus Maccius Plautus and Terence
Movies about Terence:
- The Alchemical Dream With Terence Mckenna2008 NR
- T'ai Chi for Health: Yang Short Form with Terence Dunn2004 NR
- Terence Rattigan Collection, The2011 NR
- Bud Spencer & Terence Hill Collection: Samlingsbox 5 Unrated
- Terence Davies Trilogy1996
- Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - 12 Filme Edition2010
- Terence McKenna: A Magical Journey2007 Unrated
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Introducing the Hardline Live1991 NR by Terence Trent D'Arby
- Terence McKenna - Toward the end of history2006 PG
- Charlie Rose with Peter Whybrow; Robert Gottlieb; Terence Ward2006
Wiki information Terence:
- Dramatist, Author, Deceased Person, Person, Influence Node
Publius Terentius Afer, better known in English as Terence, was a playwright of the Roman Republic, of North African descent. His comedies were performed for the first time around 170–160 BC. Terentius Lucanus, a Roman senator, brought Terence to...
- Terence McKenna
- Philosopher, Author, Musical Artist, Influence Node, Featured artist, Lyricist, Topic, Person, Film actor, Musician
Terence Kemp McKenna was an American psychonaut, ethnobotanist, lecturer, and author. He spoke and wrote about a variety of subjects, including psychedelic drugs, plant-based entheogens, shamanism, metaphysics, alchemy, language, culture, technology,...
- Terence Stamp
- Actor, Film actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Award Winner, Person, Musical Artist, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Author
Terence Henry Stamp is an English actor. Since starting his acting career in 1962, he has appeared in more than 60 films. His performance in the title role of Billy Budd, his film debut, earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting...
- Terence Hill
- Actor, Film actor, Film story contributor, Person, Film director, Award Winner, Influence Node, Film producer, TV Actor
Terence Hill is an actor of Italian and German descent who began as a child actor and went on to multiple starring roles in action and other Italian films, many with longtime film partner and friend Bud Spencer. At one time among Italy's highest paid...
- Terence Tao
- Mathematician, Academic, Award Winner, Person, Influence Node, Author
Terence "Terry" Chi-Shen Tao FAA FRS, is an Australian-American mathematician working in a number of areas of mathematics, but currently focuses on harmonic analysis, partial differential equations, algebraic combinatorics, arithmetic combinatorics,...
- Terence Blanchard
- Bandleader, Musical Artist, Featured artist, TV Actor, Award Winner, Film actor, Composer, Theatrical Composer, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic
Terence Oliver Blanchard is an American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, composer, arranger, and film score composer. Since Blanchard emerged on the scene in 1980 with the Lionel Hampton Orchestra and then shortly thereafter with Art Blakey and the Jazz...
- Sananda Maitreya
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musical Artist, Social network user, Film actor, TV Actor, Songwriter, Award Winner, Identity, Record Producer, Musician
Sananda Francesco Maitreya, better known by his former stage name Terence Trent D'Arby, is an American singer-songwriter who came to fame with his album Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby, released in July 1987, which included...
- Terence Rattigan
- Dramatist, Film writer, Film actor, Award Nominee, Author, Film story contributor, Deceased Person, Award Winner, TV Program Creator, Person
Sir Terence Mervyn Rattigan, CBE was a British dramatist. He was one of England's most popular mid twentieth century dramatists. His plays are typically set in an upper-middle-class background. He is known for such works as The Winslow Boy, The...
- Terence Conran
- Writer, Author, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Film actor, Architect, Organization founder, Name source, Identity, Architectural structure owner
Sir Terence Orby Conran, FCSD is an English designer, restaurateur, retailer and writer.
- Terence Winter
- TV Writer, Award Winner, Film writer, TV Program Creator, Author, Person, TV Producer, Award Nominee, Fictional Character Creator
Terence Patrick Winter is an American writer and producer of television and film. He is the creator, writer, and executive producer of the HBO television series Boardwalk Empire. Before creating Boardwalk Empire, Winter was a writer and executive...