Meaning : Will,
Pronunciation : THEL-mə ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Thelma:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Thelma:
- English Meaning: The name Thelma is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Thelma is: This name was invented by British writer Marie Corelli, who gave it to her heroine in her novel 'Thelma' (1887). It may be based on the Greek word for will.
- American Meaning: The name Thelma is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Thelma is: This name was invented by British writer Marie Corelli, who gave it to her heroine in her novel 'Thelma' (1887). It may be based on the Greek word for will.
- Greek Meaning: The name Thelma is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Thelma is: Nursing.
- Meaning unknown. It was a rare name when British author Marie Corelli used it for the Norwegian heroine of her novel 'Thelma' (1887). The name became popular around the end of the 19th century after the novel was published. It is sometimes claimed to derive from Greek θελημα (thelema) meaning "will", though this seems unlikely.
Definition funny of Thelma:
- Thelma is so crazy all she's missing is her partner in crime, Louise (ala Thelma and Louise).
- the name THELMA is SO punk rock!
- Thelma and her man Evan are the best couple. Thelma is one of the nicest girls that i have ever meet.
- I got given a thelma last night, and my eyes wouldn't stop watering for 20 minutes.. in which time he stole my purse and ran!
- "whats your name>? "thelma" "Oh that's my grandma's name, too!"
Expression information Thelma:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Thelma:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Thelma:
- Thelma And Louise - Main Theme by The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra from the Album Film Music Of Hans Zimmer
- Main Theme (From "Thelma and Louise") by The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra from the Album The Music of Hans Zimmer: The Definitive Collection
- Don't Leave Me This Way (Karaoke Instrumental Track)[In the Style of Thelma Houston ] by Backtrack Professional Karaoke Band from the Album Karaoke: One Hit Wonders of the 70's
- Thunderbird (From the Original Score To "Thelma and Louise") by Dominik Hauser from the Album Music from the Films of Ridley Scott
- Thelma & Louise by Horrorpops from the Album Kiss Kiss Kill Kill [Explicit]
- Don't Leave Me This Way (In the Style of Thelma Houston) [Official Instrumental Backing Track] by Original Backing Tracks from the Album Karaoke Hits: Soul Hits Vol. 2
- Thunderbird (From the Motion Picture score to "Thelma & Louise") by Dominik Hauser from the Album Thunderbird (From the Motion Picture score to "Thelma & Louise")
- Thunderbird [Thelma & Louise] by Pete Haycock from the Album Zimmer, H.: The Wings of a Film
- I Need Somebody Tonight (feat. Thelma Houston) [Joey Negro Original Serious Mix] by Sessomatto from the Album Defected Presents House Masters - Joey Negro
- Heart Wisdom - For Thelma by Jeff Gauthier from the Album One And The Same
Books about Thelma:
- Thelma - Jul 8, 2015 by Marie Corelli
- Thelma and Louise (BFI Modern Classics) - Jan 22, 2008 by Marita Sturken
- Girl, Have I Got Good News for You - Apr 7, 2004 by Thelma Wells
- The Ice Cream Blonde: The Whirlwind Life and Mysterious Death of Screwball Comedienne Thelma Todd - Nov 1, 2015 by Michelle Morgan
- Too Deep for Words: Rediscovering Lectio Divina - Dec 1, 1988 by Thelma Hall
- Thelma and Louise and Something to Talk About (Screenplays) - Jul 12, 1996 by Callie Khouri
- Listen Up, Beloved: Good News for Your Spirit - Jan 6, 2015 by Thelma Wells
- Black Sun Signs: An African-American Guide to the Zodiac - Apr 2, 1996 by Thelma Balfour
- Black Love Signs: An Astrological Guide to Passion, Romance and Relationships for African Americans - Feb 11, 1999 by Thelma Balfour
- Thelma Todd in the Movies: A Pictorial Tribute - Jul 15, 2015 by Greg Lenburg
Movies about Thelma:
- Thelma & Louise1991 R CC
- Thelma & Louise1991 R
- Midnight Cowboy / Usual Suspects / Thelma & Louise2014 R
- Thelma & Louise2011 R
- Bull Durham / Thelma & Louise2012 NR
- File on Thelma Jordon1950 NR
- Good Times - The Complete Second Season1974 NR
- Brad Pitt Triple Feature - Kalifornia, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Thelma and Louise R
- Thelma & Louise / In Her Shoes2013 R
- The Susan Sarandon Star Collection2009 Unrated
Wiki information Thelma:
- Thelma & Louise
- Thriller Film, Film, Netflix Title, Award-Winning Work, Award-Nominated Work, Topic, Ranked item
Thelma & Louise is a 1991 American crime drama film, written by Callie Khouri and directed by Ridley Scott. It stars Geena Davis as Thelma and Susan Sarandon as Louise, two friends who embark on a road trip with disastrous consequences. The...
- Thelma Houston
- Rhythm and blues Artist, TV Actor, Broadcast Artist, Award Nominee, Musician, Person, Featured artist, Social network user, Musical Artist, Film actor
Thelma Houston is an American singer and actress. She scored a number-one hit in 1977 with her cover version of the song "Don't Leave Me This Way", which won the Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance.
- Thelma Ritter
- Actor, Person, Award Nominee, Topic, TV Actor, Film actor, Theater Actor, Deceased Person, Award Winner
Thelma Ritter was an American actress, best known for her comedic roles as working class characters and strong New York accent. She received six Academy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actress, and won one Tony Award for Best Leading Actress in...
- Thelma Todd
- Actor, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Topic, Film actor, Deceased Person
Thelma Alice Todd was an American actress. Appearing in about 120 pictures between 1926 and 1935, she is best remembered for her comedic roles in films such as Marx Brothers' Monkey Business and Horse Feathers, a number of Charley Chase's short...
- Thelma Schoonmaker
- Award Winner, Film editor, Film cinematographer, TV program guest, Person, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee, Film actor
Thelma Colbert Schoonmaker is an American film editor who has worked with director Martin Scorsese for over forty years. She has edited all of Scorsese's films since Raging Bull, first working with Scorsese in his debut feature film Who's That...
- Thelma Furness, Viscountess Furness
- Noble person, Film actor, Person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Thelma, Viscountess Furness, born Thelma Morgan, was a mistress of King Edward VIII while he was still the Prince of Wales; she preceded Wallis Simpson in his affections. During most of her relationship with the Prince, she was married to a British...
- Aoyama Thelma
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musician, Person, Musical Artist, Featured artist
Thelma Aoyama, born October 27, 1987, is a Japanese pop and R&B singer. She is part Afro-Trinidadian and Japanese. She is known for her collaboration song with SoulJa, "Koko ni Iru yo", and her answer song "Soba ni Iru ne". In September 2008, the...
- Thelma Barlow
- Actor, Influence Node, Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, TV Actor
Thelma Barlow is an English television actress and writer, most famous for her roles as Mavis Wilton in the long-running ITV soap opera Coronation Street and as Dolly Bellfield in the sitcom Dinnerladies.
- Pat Nixon
- Film actor, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source, Politician, Deceased Person, Identity, Topic, Literature Subject, Person or entity appearing in film
Thelma Catherine "Pat" Ryan Nixon was the wife of Richard Nixon, 37th President of the United States, and First Lady of the United States from 1969 to 1974. Born in Ely, Nevada, she grew up with her two brothers in what is now Cerritos, California,...
- Thelma Fardin
- Actor, Film actor, TV Actor, Topic, Person
Thelma Fardín is an Argentine actress. She became famous for her role as Josefina in Patito Feo