Meaning : Divine Gift, From the Greek meaning 'gift of god', due to its biblical derivation, it has become associated with Roman Catholicism and it popular in the United States., God’s Gift,
Pronunciation : THEE a daw, (THIYahDAOR), THEE-ə-dawr ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Theodore:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Theodore:
- Theodore is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Theodore is divine gift. Common nicknames of the name include Ted, Teddy, and Theo. The “teddy bear” was named after U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt. Other famous Theodores spelled without the “e” include German philosopher Theodor Adorno and Theodor Seuss Geisel, also known as Dr. Suess. Theodor Herzl was a European journalist and founder of modern Zionism. Theodore Dreiser was an American author and Theodore “Ted” Nugent is an American musician. Fictional characters named Theodore include one of the Chipmunks with his pal Alvin. Theodore Huxtable was a character on The Cosby Show and Theodore Bagwell was a character on Prison Break. People who like the name Theodore also like names that are old-fashioned and traditional.
- Theodore comes from Greek origin and means ‘God’s Gift’. It is often abbreviated as Ted or Teddy, mostly in North America, or more commonly Theo in England. The female version of this name is Theodora. Theodore Roosevelt, who famously took the pet name Teddy, was the 26th president of the US. He was known for his masculinity and ‘cowboy’ image, and therefore well suited to his name.
- Greek Meaning: The name Theodore is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Theodore is: God-given. Famous Bearer: 19th century U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt.
- American Meaning: The name Theodore is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Theodore is: God-given. Famous Bearer: 19th century U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt.
- From the Greek name Θεοδωρος (Theodoros), which meant "gift of god" from Greek θεος (theos) "god" and δωρον (doron) "gift". This was the name of several saints, including Theodore of Amasea, a 4th-century Greek soldier; Theodore of Tarsus, a 7th-century archbishop of Canterbury; and Theodore the Studite, a 9th-century Byzantine monk. It was also borne by two popes. This was a common name in classical Greece, and, due to both the saints who carried it and the favourable meaning, it came into general use in the Christian world, being especially popular among Eastern Christians. It was however rare in Britain before the 19th century. Famous bearers include three tsars of Russia (in the Russian form Fyodor) and American president Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919).
Definition funny of Theodore:
- "Awww thank you, your such a theodore ^^"
- that's theodore
- Theodore Roosevelt That is all
Expression information Theodore:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Theodore:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to express their own power in a concrete manner and thus achieve something great for humanity.
Songs about Theodore:
- Bravo Bikel: Theodore Bikel Town Hall Concert (Part 1) by Theodore Bikel from the Album Bravo Bikel
- Bravo Bikel: Theodore Bikel Town Hall Concert (Part 2) by Theodore Bikel from the Album Bravo Bikel
- Adoramus Te, Christe: Theodore Dubois 1837-1924 by Richard Proulx (conductor) The Cathedral Singers from the Album Catholic Latin Classics
- Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 featuring Lord Finesse, Mike Shonoda, Chester Bennington,... by Handsome Boy Modeling School from the Album White People [Explicit]
- Novello: Theodore and Co. - What a Duke should be by Christopher Northam from the Album Gosford Park - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Return Of The Theodore Unit (Feat. Wigs, J-Love, Trife Diesel, Wigs, J-Love & Trife Diesel) [Explicit] by Ghostface Killah from the Album Hidden Darts Special Edition [Explicit]
- Dogs Of War (Album Version (Explicit)) [feat. Theodore Unit] [Explicit] by Ghostface Killah from the Album Fishscale
- Nuit d'étoiles (Théodore de Banville) (Remasterisé en 1991) by Elly Ameling - Dalton Baldwin from the Album Icon: Elly Ameling
- Raleigh Soliloquy Pt. 1 [feat. Raleigh Theodore Sakers] [Explicit] by Sublime from the Album Robbin' The Hood (Explicit Version) [Explicit]
- Raleigh Soliloquy Pt.2 [feat. Raleigh Theodore Sakers] [Explicit] by Sublime from the Album Robbin' The Hood (Explicit Version) [Explicit]
Books about Theodore:
- Theodore Boone: the Fugitive - May 12, 2015 by John Grisham
- Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer - May 3, 2011 by John Grisham
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (Modern Library Paperbacks) - Nov 20, 2001 by Edmund Morris
- Theodore and the Talking Mushroom - Mar 10, 2009 by Leo Lionni
- Theodore Boone Box Set - May 19, 2015 by John Grisham
- Theodore Boone: the Activist - Apr 22, 2014 by John Grisham
- Theodore Boone: The Accused - Apr 9, 2013 by John Grisham
- Theodore Boone: the Abduction - Apr 24, 2012 by John Grisham
- Theodore and the Tall Ships (Jellybean Books(R)) - Feb 27, 2001 by Ivan Robertson and DRI Artworks
- Doing Philosophy: An Introduction Through Thought Experiments - Sep 4, 2012 by Theodore Schick and Lewis Vaughn
Movies about Theodore:
- Theodore Roosevelt: A Cowboy's Ride to the White House2011 NR CC
- Cleveland, Mckinley, & Theodore Roosevelt2007 NR CC
- Nights With Theodore (English Subtitled)2014 NR
- Theodore Rex2003 PG
- American Experience: TR: The Story of Theodore Roosevelt2006 NR
- Biography -- Biography Theodore Roosevelt: Roughrider2008
- Theodore Tugboat - Theodore's Friendly Adventures1998 Unrated by Denny Doherty and Robert D. Cardona
- In a Dark Time - Theodore Roethke, 19642008 NR
- Theodore Tugboat - Underwater Mysteries1999 Unrated by Denny Doherty and Robert D. Cardona
- Theodore Tugboat - Theodore Helps A Friend1998 Unrated by Denny Doherty and Robert D. Cardona
Wiki information Theodore:
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Topic, Topic, Award Winner, Name source, Person, Organization founder, Family member, Film subject, US Vice President, Influence Node
Theodore Roosevelt, often referred to as Teddy or TR, was an American statesman, author, explorer, soldier, naturalist, and reformer who served as the 26th President of the United States, from 1901 to 1909. A leader of the Republican Party, he was a...
- Theodore of Amasea
- Deceased Person, Person
Saint Theodore of Amasea is one of the two saints called Theodore, who are venerated as Warrior Saints and Great Martyrs in the Eastern Orthodox Church. He is also known as Theodore Tyron. The other saint of the same name is Theodore Stratelates,...
- Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.
- Family member, Politician, Military Person, Person, Deceased Person, Author
Theodore "Ted" Roosevelt III was an American government, business and military leader. He was the eldest son of President Theodore Roosevelt and First Lady Edith Roosevelt. Roosevelt was instrumental in the forming of the American Legion in 1919...
- Theodore Lesieg
- Writer, Comic Strip Creator, Film producer, Topic, Organization founder, Award Winner, Film story contributor, , Lyricist, Influence Node
Theodor Seuss Geisel was an American writer and illustrator best known for authoring popular children's books under the pen name Dr. Seuss. His work includes several of the most popular children's books of all time, selling over 600 million copies...
- Theodore the Studite
- Deceased Person, Person
Theodore the Studite was a Byzantine Greek monk and abbot of the Stoudios Monastery in Constantinople. Theodore's letter, containing suggested monastery reform rules, is the first recorded stand against slavery. He played a major role in the revivals...
- HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Statistical region, US Census Designated Place, HUD County Place, Location
Theodore is a census-designated place in Mobile County, Alabama, United States. The population was 6,130 at the 2010 census. It is a part of the Mobile metropolitan statistical area. Prior to 1900 this area was known as Clements, but is now named for...
- Theodore Dreiser
- Novelist, Person, Film story contributor, Author, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Film writer, Award Nominee, Topic, Fictional Character Creator
Theodore Herman Albert Dreiser was an American novelist and journalist of the naturalist school. His novels often featured main characters who succeeded at their objectives despite a lack of a firm moral code, and literary situations that more...
- Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell
- Zoologist, Deceased Person, Person, Author
Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell was an American zoologist, born at Norwood, England, and brother of Sydney Cockerell. He was educated at the Middlesex Hospital Medical School, and then studied botany in the field in Colorado in 1887–90. Subsequently he...
- Théodore Géricault
- Painting Artist, Author, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Person, Visual Artist
Jean-Louis André Théodore Géricault was an influential French painter and lithographer, known for The Raft of the Medusa and other paintings. Although he died young, he was one of the pioneers of the Romantic movement.
- José Théodore
- Professional Ice hockey Player, Person, Measured person, Ice hockey player, Athlete, Award Nominee
An ice-hockey player from Canada, a goaltender. He has dated Paris Hilton. He was born September 13, 1976 in Laval, Quebec. He earned MPV of the NHL in 2002.