Meaning : Twin, Derived from the Aramaic 'taom' meaning 'twin'., A Twin,
Pronunciation : (TOMahS), TOM us, TAHM-əs (English), TOM-əs (English), to-MAH (French), TO-mahs (German, Dutch), tho-MAHS (Greek) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Thomas:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Thomas:
- New Testament name, borne by one of Christ's twelve Apostles, referred to as 'Thomas, called Didymus'. Didymos is the Greek word for 'twin', and the name is the Greek form of an Aramaic byname meaning 'twin'. The given name has always been popular throughout Christendom, in part because St Thomas's doubts have made him a very human character.
- Aramaic Meaning: The name Thomas is an Aramaic baby name. In Aramaic the meaning of the name Thomas is: Twin.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Thomas is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Thomas is: Twin.
- American Meaning: The name Thomas is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Thomas is: Twin.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Thomas is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Thomas is: A twin.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Thomas is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Thomas is: Henry IV' Duke of Clarence. Thomas Wart, country soldier. 'Henry VI' Thomas Horner, armourer. 'Henry VIII' Sir Thomas Lovell. 'Measure for Measure' A friar. 'King Henry VI, III', 'Henry VIII' Duke of Norfolk. 'King Richard III' Sir Thomas Vaughan.
- Though Thomas has dropped out of the top 50 in the last few years, it’s still a timeless, classic name that you really can’t go wrong with. It peaked at number eight in the late nineteenth century and again in the ’30s, ’40s, and ’50s, and was in the top 50 from the time names started being tracked in 1880 way up until 2005. It’s been borne by apostles, saints, presidents, and celebs, and we’ll reiterate -- it’s basically a no-fail name. From Tommy to Tom to Thomas, this name will take your little guy way into manhood.
- Greek form of the Aramaic name תָּאוֹמָא (Ta'oma') which meant "twin". In the New Testament this is the name of the apostle who initially doubts the resurrected Jesus. According to tradition he was martyred in India. Due to his renown, the name came into general use in the Christian world. In England the name was introduced by the Normans and became very popular due to Saint Thomas Becket, a 12th-century archbishop of Canterbury and martyr. Another notable saint by this name was the 13th-century Italian philosopher and theologian Thomas Aquinas, who is regarded as a Doctor of the Church. Other famous bearers include philosopher Thomas Hobbes (1588-1679), American president Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), novelist Thomas Hardy (1840-1928), and inventor Thomas Edison (1847-1931).
Definition funny of Thomas:
- "Wow never knew he had that he must have been a Thomas"
- That blonde hair, green eyed kid over there is such a Thomas, Olivia is so lucky to have him.
- Jack is such a thomas, did you see his score on the math test, it was so good and he wasn't even here for any of the lessons
- Thomas - Someone whos very supportive.
- hey justine did you see thomas the tank engine last night?
- When I walked in on Thomas in the bathroom I never knew a white boy could be so huge!
- "Chris at work is blessed with a Thomas"
Expression information Thomas:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information Thomas:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Thomas:
- Thomas - A Perfect Circle
- Bad (feat. Tiara Thomas) [Explicit] by Wale from the Album Bad (feat. Tiara Thomas) [Explicit]
- You Can't Stop Me (feat. Thomas Rhett) by Brett Eldredge from the Album Illinois
- Gold (Thomas Jack Radio Edit) by Gabriel Rios from the Album Gold
- Bad (feat. Tiara Thomas) [Explicit] by Wale from the Album The Gifted [Explicit]
- Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis by Andrew Davis from the Album Vaughan Williams : Symphony No.6, Fantasia On A Theme By Thomas Tallis & The Lark Ascending - Apex
- I Endorse These Strippers [feat. Thomas Brinx] [Explicit] by Nicki Minaj from the Album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up (Explicit Version)
- Nikola Tesla vs Thomas Edison by Epic Rap Battles of History from the Album Nikola Tesla vs Thomas Edison
- Bad (feat. Tiara Thomas) [Clean] by Wale from the Album Bad (feat. Tiara Thomas) [Clean]
- St. Thomas by Sonny Rollins from the Album Saxophone Colossus (Remastered)
Books about Thomas:
- Thomas and Friends: My Red Railway Book Box (Thomas & Friends) (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)) - Jan 8, 2008 by Rev. W. Awdry and Tommy Stubbs
- Good Night, Thomas (Thomas & Friends) (Glow-in-the-Dark Board Book) - Aug 7, 2012 by Rev. W. Awdry and Random House
- Thomas' ABC Book (Thomas & Friends) (Pictureback(R)) - Jul 21, 1998 by Rev. W. Awdry and Golden Books
- Thomas' Magnetic Playbook (Thomas & Friends) - Oct 23, 2001 by Random House and Ted Gadecki
- Thomas and the Dinosaur (Thomas & Friends) (Little Golden Book) - Jan 6, 2015 by Golden Books and Thomas Lapadula
- Ruin Me: The Complete Alpha Billionaire Romance Series Box Set - Sep 6, 2015 by C.J. Thomas
- Thomas & Friends Story Time Collection (Thomas & Friends) - Jul 22, 2014 by Rev. W. Awdry and Richard Courtney
- Finale: A Novel of the Reagan Years - Sep 15, 2015 by Thomas Mallon
- Thomas: A MacKenzie Family Novella - Jan 1, 2014 by Liliana Hart
- Thomas & Friends Little Golden Book Library (Thomas & Friends) - Jul 23, 2013 by Various and Tommy Stubbs
Movies about Thomas:
- Thomas & Friends: Best Of Percy2002 CC
- Thomas & Friends: The Thomas Way2013 CC
- Thomas & Friends: Up, Up and Away2012 NR CC
- Thomas & Friends: King Of The Railway: The Movie2005 CC
- Thomas & Friends: The Greatest Stories2014 CC
- Thomas & Friends: Muddy Matters2013 CC
- Thomas & Friends: Rescue On Rails2011 G CC
- Thomas & Friends: Creaky Cranky2010 CC
- Thomas & Friends: Day Of The Diesels Movie2011 NR CC
- Thomas & Friends: Blue Mountain Mystery The Movie2012 CC
Famous about Thomas:
- Thomas Jefferson - US President
- Thomas Edison - inventor
- Thomas the Tank Engine - title character in Thomas the Tank Engine
- Thomas “Tom” Cruise - actor
- Thomas “Tom” Hanks - actor
Infamous about Thomas:
- Thomas Crown - character in The Thomas Crown Affair
- Tom Riddle - character in Harry Potter
- Thomas “Tommy” DeVito - character in GoodFellas
Wiki information Thomas:
- Thomas Jefferson
- Public speaker, Person Or Being In Fiction, Literature Subject, Politician, US President, Deceased Person, Author, Appointer, Inventor, Name source
Thomas Jefferson was an American Founding Father, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence, and the third President of the United States. He was an ardent proponent of democracy and embraced the principles of republicanism and the...
- Thomas Becket
- Politician, Religious Leader, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Film subject, Person, Identity
Thomas Becket was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1162 until his murder in 1170. He is venerated as a saint and martyr by both the Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion. He engaged in conflict with Henry II of England over the rights and...
- Thomas Aquinas
- Philosopher, Person, , Author, , Name source, , Deceased Person, , Lyricist
Tommaso d'Aquino, OP, also known as Thomas Aquinas, was an Italian Dominican friar and Catholic priest who was an immensely influential philosopher, theologian and jurist in the tradition of scholasticism, within which he is also known as the "Doctor...
- Thomas the Apostle
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Deceased Person, Name source
Thomas the Apostle was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, according to the New Testament. He is informally called doubting Thomas because he doubted Jesus' resurrection when first told, followed later by his confession of faith, "My Lord and...
- Saint Thomas
- Geographical Feature, Newspaper circulation area, Dated location, Island, Statistical region, US County, Administrative Division, Location
Saint Thomas is one of the Virgin Islands in the Caribbean Sea and, together with St. John. St. Croix, and Water Island, forms a county and constituent district of the United States Virgin Islands, an unincorporated territory of the United States....
- Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends
- Children's TV Program, Topic, Adaptation, Brand, Ranked item, Film series, Award-Nominated Work, Adapted Work, TV Program
Thomas & Friends is a British children's television series, which had its first broadcast on the ITV network in 1984 and airs on PBS Kids in the US. It is based on The Railway Series of books by the Reverend Wilbert Awdry and his son, Christopher...
- Thomas More
- Philosopher, Politician, Film subject, Identity, Author, Influence Node, Literature Subject, Name source, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Sir Thomas More, venerated by Catholics as Saint Thomas More, was an English lawyer, social philosopher, author, statesman and noted Renaissance humanist. He was also a councillor to Henry VIII, and Lord High Chancellor of England from October 1529...
- Thomas Edison
- Scientist, Influence Node, Film director, Topic, Film actor, Chivalric Order Member, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Author, Inventor
Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor and businessman. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb. Dubbed "The...
- University of St. Thomas
- Ranked item, Nonprofit organization, Employer, Business Operation, Location, Organization, College/University, Educational Institution Campus, Endowed Organization, Educational Institution
The University of St. Thomas is a private, Catholic, liberal arts, and archdiocesan university located in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States. Founded in 1885 as a Catholic seminary, it is named after Thomas Aquinas, the medieval...
- Stonewall Jackson
- Military Commander, Art Subject, Name source, Identity, Person, Deceased Person, Organization founder, Person Or Being In Fiction, Military Person
Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson was a Confederate general during the American Civil War, and the best-known Confederate commander after General Robert E. Lee. His military career includes the Valley Campaign of 1862 and his service as a corps...