Meaning : Originated in the Celtic folklore tale of Trisram and Isolde and is therefore associated with the tragedy and sadness of the story. Recently grown in popularity for boys and girls, Noise, Tumult,
Pronunciation : TRIS-tən (English), trees-TAWN (French) , TRISS tan, (TRIST-an),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Tristan:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Tristan:
- Tristan, from the Celtic name 'Tristram', means 'din, noise, tumult', by virtue of its derivation from the name 'Drystan', itself from the word 'drest'. The name Tristan first appeared in the 12th century when borne by Sir Tristan of Lyoness, one of King Arthur's most noble knights of the Round Table. Sir Tristan began an illicit relationship with Princess Isolda, the pair having drank a love potion intended for Isolda and her husband-to-be. Tristan later was severely wounded on the battlefield, and with Isolda late to arrive, he died of grief. Therefore the name Tristan is often associated with the Latin 'tristis' meaning 'sad'.
- Arthurian Legend Meaning: The name Tristan is an Arthurian Legend baby name. In Arthurian Legend the meaning of the name Tristan is: A knight.
- American Meaning: The name Tristan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Tristan is: A knight.
- Latin Meaning: The name Tristan is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Tristan is: Full of sorrows.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Tristan is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Tristan is: Tumult; outcry. From the Celtic name Tristan. In Arthurian legend Tristan was a Knight of the Round Table and tragic hero of the medieval tale Tristram and Isolde.
- English Meaning: The name Tristan is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Tristan is: Tumult; outcry. From the Celtic name Tristan. In Arthurian legend Tristan was a Knight of the Round Table and tragic hero of the medieval tale Tristram and Isolde.
- French Meaning: The name Tristan is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Tristan is: Tumult; outcry. From the Celtic name Tristan. In Arthurian legend Tristan was a Knight of the Round Table and tragic hero of the medieval tale Tristram and Isolde.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Tristan is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Tristan is: Noisy.
- Though the meaning’s a little rough -- "riot, tumult, sad" -- Tristan has a soft, mystical air to it that’s quite appealing. The Celtic name hit the US charts in ’71, and rose gradually into the ’90s. After a little dip in the early part of the ’00s, it jumped again in ’06, likely thanks to the release of the movie Tristan + Isolde. Though the film is actually a tragic romance based on Celtic legend, it did serve the name well. There is something slightly magical about this name that helps parents disregard all the sad stuff surrounding it.
- Old French form of the Pictish name Drustan, a diminutive of DRUST. The spelling was altered by association with Latin tristis "sad". In Celtic legend Tristan was sent to Ireland in order to fetch Isolde, who was to be the bride of King Mark of Cornwall. Instead, Tristan and Isolde end up falling in love. Their tragic story was very popular in the Middle Ages, and the name has occasionally been used since that time.
Definition funny of Tristan:
- Girl1: "Have you met Tristan?" Girl2: "Ya, he's cool." Girl3: "You kidding? He's amazing!" Girl1: "My thoughts exactly."
- Girl- What is your name? Boy- "Tristan" Girl- Nice name reminds me of the movie Legends of the falls with Brad Pitt. Here's my number.. Boy- yea score!
- Emily - Omg i just met this really awesome guy! Random - Was it Tristan? Emily - yes 0.0 (<2)
- Tristan Was A Knight at the round table of king author the most brave and loyal of them all.
- Tristan was one of King Author's knights and fought with him in deep heated battles.
- "Yeah, I tried catching Tristan with my Charzard. Fucking Pope spilled holy water on it KO'ing it."
- The legend of Tristan and Iseult is an influential romance and tragedy, retold in numerous sources with as many variations. The tragic story is of the adulterous love between the Cornish knight Tristan (Tristram) and the Irish princess Iseult (Isolde, Yseult, etc.).
Expression information Tristan:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Tristan:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Tristan:
- Tristan - Patrick Wolf
- Wagner: Tristan und Isolde / Act 1 - Prelude - Langsam und smachtend by Sir Georg Solti from the Album Wagner: Tristan Und Isolde [+digital booklet]
- St. Tristan's Sword (Rough Mix) by Led Zeppelin from the Album Coda (Deluxe Edition)
- Beautiful [feat. Tristan Prettyman] by G. Love from the Album Lemonade
- Tristan und Isolde: Prelude to Act 1 by Daniel Barenboim from the Album Wagner : Tristan und Isolde [Highlights] - Apex
- Tristan und Isolde, Act 3: "Dolce e calmo" (Isolde's Liebestod) by Maria Callas, Orchestra Sinfonica di Torino della RAI Arturo Basile from the Album Callas sings Arias from Tristano e Isotta, Norma & I puritani - Callas Remastered
- Wagner: Tristan und Isolde / Act 3 - "Mild und leise wie er lächelt" (Isoldes Liebestod) by Birgit Nilsson from the Album Wagner: Tristan Und Isolde [+digital booklet]
- Ravel: Shéhérazade - Sur des Vers de Tristan Klingsor, M. 41 - 1. Asie by Anne Sofie von Otter and Pierre Boulez and The Cleveland Orchestra from the Album Ravel: Shéhérazade / Tombeau / Pavane; Debussy: Danses / Ballades de Villon
- Ravel: Shéhérazade - Sur des Vers de Tristan Klingsor, M. 41 - 2. La flûte enchantée by Anne Sofie von Otter and Pierre Boulez and The Cleveland Orchestra from the Album Ravel: Shéhérazade / Tombeau / Pavane; Debussy: Danses / Ballades de Villon
- Ravel: Shéhérazade - Sur des Vers de Tristan Klingsor, M. 41 - 3. L'indifférent by Anne Sofie von Otter and Pierre Boulez and The Cleveland Orchestra from the Album Ravel: Shéhérazade / Tombeau / Pavane; Debussy: Danses / Ballades de Villon
Books about Tristan:
- Tristan: With the Surviving Fragments of the 'Tristran of Thomas' (Penguin Classics) - Jul 30, 1960 by Gottfried von Strassburg and A.T. Hatto
- The Romance of Tristan and Iseult - Mar 3, 2013 by J. Bedier and H. Belloc
- Tristan's Lyceum Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans Book 3) - Apr 11, 2013 by Kym Grosso
- Tristan and the Wise Little Dragon: An adventure story of friendship, family and self-discovery (Tristan and the... - Jul 21, 2014 by Tiger Chaplain and Annabel Jones
- Agent I1: Tristan (DIRE Agency Series Bk #1) (The D.I.R.E. Agency) - Dec 12, 2013 by Joni Hahn
- The Romance of Tristan: The Tale of Tristan's Madness (Penguin Classics) - Jul 27, 1978 by Beroul and Alan S. Fedrick
- Tristan: Contemporary Romance Biker Erotica and Thriller (The Kendall Family Series Book 1) - Dec 23, 2014 by Randi Everheart
- Tristan's Bedtime Story (Early Reading S) - Dec 1996 by Caroline Formby
- Exploring Masculinities: Identity, Inequality, Continuity and Change - Jul 13, 2015 by C.J. Pascoe and Tristan Bridges
- Tristan et Yseut (French Edition) - Sep 30, 2011 by Tristan
Movies about Tristan:
- Tristan And Isolde2006 PG-13 CC
- Wagner, Tristan und Isolde - Robert Dean Smith, Christoph Marthaler - Bayreuth 2006 (English Subtitled) G
- Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega2010 NR
- Tristan and Isolde2006 PG-13
- Wagner: Tristan und Isolde2007 NR
- Tristan und Isolde2012 Unrated
- Tristan Taormino's Expert Guide to Oral Sex Part 22007
- Wagner: Tristan und Isolde1995 NR
- Wagner: Tristan und Isolde2007 NR
- Ever After / Tristan & Isolde / Romeo & Juliet2012 NR
Famous about Tristan:
- Tristan - title character in Tristan + Isolde
- Tristan Wilds - actor
- Tristan Tzara - poet
- Tristan Ludlow - character in Legends of the Fall
Wiki information Tristan:
- Tristan and Iseult
- Art Subject
Tristan and Iseult is a tale made popular during the 12th century through French medieval poetry, inspired by Celtic legend and possibly the 11th century Persian story Vis and Rāmin. It has become an influential romance and tragedy, retold in...
- Tristan und Isolde
- Literature Subject, Composition, Award-Nominated Work, Opera, Award-Winning Work, Influence Node
Tristan und Isolde is an opera, or music drama, in three acts by Richard Wagner to a German libretto by the composer, based largely on the romance by Gottfried von Strassburg. It was composed between 1857 and 1859 and premiered at the Königliches...
- TV Character, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film character, Opera Character, Fictional Character
Tristan is a fictional character from Fire and Sword (Tristan and Isolde).
- Tristan da Cunha
- Statistical region, Location, Island Group, Organization scope, Flag referent, Geographical Feature
Tristan da Cunha /ˈtrɪstən də ˈkuːnjə/, colloquially Tristan, is both a remote group of volcanic islands in the south Atlantic Ocean and the main island of that group. It is the most remote inhabited archipelago in the world, lying 2,000 kilometres...
- User, Namespace, User Profile
- Tristan Tzara
- Poet, Author, Person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Identity, Film director, Musical Artist, Visual Artist, Influence Node
Tristan Tzara was a Romanian and French avant-garde poet, essayist and performance artist. Also active as a journalist, playwright, literary and art critic, composer and film director, he was known best for being one of the founders and central...
- Tristan chord
- Musical chord
The Tristan chord is a chord made up of the notes F, B, D♯, and G♯. More generally, it can be any chord that consists of these same intervals: augmented fourth, augmented sixth, and augmented ninth above a bass note. It is so named as it is heard in...
- Tristan Wilds
- Actor, Featured artist, Film actor, Composer, Award Nominee, Influence Node, Person, Musician, TV Actor, Musical Artist
Tristan Paul Mack Wilds is an American actor and recording artist. He is known for his roles as Michael Lee on the HBO original drama series The Wire and as Dixon Wilson on the CW teen drama series 90210.
- Tristan Thompson
- Person, Athlete, Basketball Player, Measured person
Tristan Trevor James Thompson is a Canadian professional basketball player who last played for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association. He played one season of college basketball for Texas before being drafted fourth overall by...
- Diego Tristán
- Soccer, Award Winner, Football player, Measured person, Athlete, Person
Diego Tristán Herrera is a Spanish retired professional footballer who played as a striker. At his peak, he was considered amongst the best players in his position in Europe, displaying a vast array of skills: dribble, shot accuracy, aerial ability...