Meaning : A girl's name of Latin origin, meaning "maiden"., Virginal, Pure,
Pronunciation : vər-JIN-yə (English), veer-JEE-nyah (Italian), beer-KHEE-nyah (Spanish) , (vir-JIN-yah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Virginia:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Virginia:
- Spanish Meaning: The name Virginia is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Virginia is: Virgin.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Virginia is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Virginia is: Virgin.
- American Meaning: The name Virginia is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Virginia is: Virgin.
- Italian Meaning: The name Virginia is an Italian baby name. In Italian the meaning of the name Virginia is: Pure.
- English Meaning: The name Virginia is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Virginia is: Chaste; virginal.
- Latin Meaning: The name Virginia is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Virginia is: Blossoming; Chaste; virginal.
- Feminine form of the Roman family name Verginius or Virginius which is of unknown meaning, but long associated with Latin virgo "maid, virgin". According to a legend, it was the name of a Roman woman killed by her father so as to save her from the clutches of a crooked official. This was the name of the first English baby born in the New World: Virginia Dare in 1587 on Roanoke Island. Perhaps because of this, the name has generally been more popular in America than elsewhere in the English-speaking world, though in both Britain and America it was not often used until the 19th century. The baby was named after the Colony of Virginia, which was itself named for Elizabeth I, the Virgin Queen. A more recent bearer was the English novelist Virginia Woolf (1882-1941).
Definition funny of Virginia:
- Virginia is where the Dirty South begins, with the associated smoking hot southern women.
- Jimmy lives in Virginia
- Have you met my girlfriend Virginia? She's amazing.
- Contrary to popular belief, Virginia is not pronounced like "vagina."
- Alabama Man - Blah Blah Blah Heart of Dixie! Virginia Man - Heart of Dixie my ass, learn about the confederacy before you talk it about it. Kentucky Man - Oh Cool we have a star, but wait we never left the union?
- Talk to Virginia if you want to have a fun party.
- Guy 1 - I want to experiance the American history, hmm Maybe Westmoreland, Virginia? Guy 2 - Yes that's a great place, George Washington and Robert E Lee were both born there!
Expression information Virginia:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Virginia:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Virginia:
- Dancing Virginia - Jump, Little Children
- Sweet Virginia - The Rolling Stones
- The Exhumation of Virginia Madison - Strung Out
- Virginia - Prism
- Virginia - Tori Amos
- Virginia Moon - The Foo Fighters
- Virginia Plain - Roxy Music
- Virginia Woolf - the Indigo Girls
- Meet Virginia by Train from the Album Train
- West Virginia by The Front Bottoms from the Album Back On Top [Explicit]
Books about Virginia:
- Backroads & Byways of Virginia: Drives, Day Trips & Weekend Excursions (Backroads & Byways) - Jun 14, 2010 by Bill Lohmann
- Moon Virginia: Including Washington DC (Moon Handbooks) - Jun 10, 2014 by Michaela Riva Gaaserud
- Good Night Virginia (Good Night Our World) - Jun 1, 2008 by Adam Gamble and Joe Veno
- Fodor's Virginia and Maryland: with Washington, D.C. (Travel Guide) - May 3, 2011 by Fodor's
- Virginia Impressions - Nov 1, 2001 by photography by Charles Gurche
- Lost Communities of Virginia - May 13, 2011 by Terri Fisher and Kirsten Sparenborg
- Frommer's Virginia (Frommer's Complete Guides) - Apr 3, 2012 by Bill Goodwin
- Moon Virginia & Maryland: Including Washington DC (Moon Handbooks) - Feb 11, 2014 by Michaela Riva Gaaserud
- My First Book About Virginia (The Virginia Experience) - Sep 1, 2000 by Carole Marsh
- Remarkable Trees of Virginia - Sep 8, 2008 by Nancy Ross Hugo and Jeff Kirwan
Movies about Virginia:
- The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia (Tribeca Festival Premiere)2010 CC
- Lola & Virginia (volume 3)2005 NR CC
- Lola & Virginia (volume 2)2005 NR CC
- Yes Virginia: The Film [HD]2010 CC
- Lola & Virginia (volume 4)2005 NR CC
- Lola & Virginia (volume 1)2005 NR CC
- Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia Extra - Meet the Whites2010 CC
- Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia Extra - Whites' Strife2010
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?1966 R CC
- American Rehab: Virginia Season 12015 CC
Wiki information Virginia:
- Litigant, Military unit place of origin, Literature Subject, Namesake, Identity, Political District, Name source, Newspaper circulation area, Organization scope, US State
Virginia, officially the Commonwealth of Virginia, is a U.S. state located in the South Atlantic region of the United States. Virginia is nicknamed the "Old Dominion" due to its status as the first colonial possession established in mainland British...
- West Virginia
- Organization scope, US State, Literature Subject, Statistical region, Newspaper circulation area, Flag referent, Cyclone-affected area, Administrative Division, Filming location, Political District
West Virginia (/ˌwɛstvɚˈdʒɪnjə/(helpinfo)) is a state in the Appalachian, Upland South, and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States, bordered by Virginia on the southeast, Kentucky on the southwest, Ohio on the northwest, and Pennsylvania and...
- University of Virginia
- Software Developer, Location, Organization member, Educational Institution Campus, Listed Site, Organization scope, Educational Institution, Periodical Publisher, Organization, Endowed Organization
The University of Virginia, often referred to as simply Virginia, is a research university in Charlottesville, Virginia. UVA is known for its historic foundations, student-run honor code, and secret societies. Its initial Board of Visitors included...
- Virginia Tech
- Educational Institution Campus, Endowed Organization, College/University, Location, Identity, Educational Institution, Ranked item, Employer, Radio station owner, Organization
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, popularly known as Virginia Tech, is a public, land-grant, research university with a main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, educational facilities in six regions statewide, and a study-abroad site...
- Colony of Virginia
- Governmental Jurisdiction, Dated location, Location
The Colony of Virginia was the first English colony in the world. American archaeologist William Kelso says Virginia "is where the British Empire began,... this was the first colony in the British Empire." The colony existed briefly during the 16th...
- Virginia Beach
- HUD County Place, US County, Place with neighborhoods, Administrative Division, Governmental Jurisdiction, Statistical region, Location, City/Town/Village, HUD Foreclosure Area, Travel destination
Virginia Beach is an independent city located in the U.S. state of Virginia. As of the 2010 census, the population was 437,994. In 2013, the population was estimated to be 448,479. Although mostly suburban in character, it is the most populous city...
- Statistical region, Travel destination, Location, Employer, US County, Identity, HUD Foreclosure Area, City/Town/Village, Filming location, Newspaper circulation area
Richmond is the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the United States. It is the center of the Richmond Metropolitan Statistical Area and the Greater Richmond Region. While it was incorporated in 1742, Richmond has been an independent city...
- West Virginia University
- Location, Award Winner, Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Endowed Organization, College/University, Literature Subject, Organization, Ranked item, Educational Institution
West Virginia University is a public land grant research university in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States. Its other campuses include the West Virginia University Institute of Technology in Montgomery and Potomac State College of West Virginia...
- Virginia Cavaliers men's basketball
- School sports team, Basketball Team, Sports Team
The Virginia Cavaliers men's basketball program represents the University of Virginia in the Atlantic Coast Conference in Division I of the NCAA. The team is coached by Tony Bennett. Since 2006, the team has played at John Paul Jones Arena in...
- Arlington County
- Travel destination, Place with neighborhoods, Newspaper circulation area, Filming location, Administrative Division, Statistical region, Location, Dated location, Award Nominee, US County
Arlington County is a county in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is coterminous with the U.S. Census Bureau-census-designated place of Arlington, which is the second-largest principal city of the Washington metropolitan area. As a result, the county...