Meaning : Row of Houses by a Wood, Of Old English origin meaning 'woody hedge', a short form of Woodrow., From the Lane in the Woods, From The Lane In The Woods,
Pronunciation : WUWD-ee , (WOOD-ee), WUH dee,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Woody:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Woody:
- Woody came about as an abbreviation of names such as Woodrow, which comes from an Old English name for a row of houses alongside a wood. Use of the nickname Woody as a first name itself was probably bought about as a tribute name after stars who have taken the name, such as American actor/ director Woody Allen and folk singer Woody Guthrie.
- English Meaning: The name Woody is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Woody is: Row of houses in a wood. From the cottages in the wood.
- American Meaning: The name Woody is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Woody is: Row of houses in a wood. From the cottages in the wood.
- Either a diminutive of WOODROW, or else from a nickname derived from the English word wood. A famous bearer is film director Woody Allen (1935-).
Definition funny of Woody:
- I like steel coaster, but I prefer the classic woody. see also woodie
- "she was so hot, I sprang a woody"
- 1. That chick gave me a woody! 2. That Woody on Cheers is a retard!
- Hey Woody!! wut u doin up there
- I got a woody when she rubbed her hand on my johnson
- gal 1: "WOW' who is that?" gal 2: " That's Woody!!!"
- good morning fellas, hide your woodys theres aldies around!
Expression information Woody:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Woody:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Woody:
- Song to Woody - Bob Dylan
- Woody - Hootie and the Blowfish
- I'da Called You Woody, Joe by The Gaslight Anthem from the Album Sink or Swim
- There'll Be a Hot Time in the Town of Berlin (feat. Woody Herman) by Woody Herman & His Orchestra from the Album The Songs of World War II - 50 Hits
- The Woody Woodpecker Show) by Mel Blanc from the Album The 50 Best Tv Theme Songs Ever
- Baby Qah Anthem (feat. DJ Woody Aka @Holla At Woody) by @iamDollarBoyz from the Album @HollaAtWood Young & Paid Reloaded
- This Land Is Your Land (Karaoke Version) (Originally Performed By Woody Guthrie) by Albert 2 Stone from the Album Greatest Karaoke Hits, Vol. 620 (Karaoke Version)
- Woody And Dutch On The Slow Train To Peking by Rickie Lee Jones from the Album Pirates
- Song to Woody by Bob Dylan from the Album Bob Dylan
- Sport'n a Woody by Dangerous Toys from the Album Dangerous Toys
Books about Woody:
- Woody, Hazel, and Little Pip: Mini Edition - Mar 1, 2010 by Elsa Beskow
- Woodys - Jun 1995 by David Fetherston
- Manual of Woody Landscape Plants: Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propogation and Uses - Aug 2009 by Michael A. Dirr and Bonnie Dirr
- Woody Plants of Utah: A Field Guide with Identification Keys to Native and Naturalized Trees, Shrubs, Cacti, and... - Nov 6, 2011 by Renee Van Buren and Janet G. Cooper
- Woody Allen: A Retrospective - Oct 20, 2015 by Tom Shone
- Woody Guthrie: A Life - Feb 9, 1999 by Joe Klein
- Where's Woody? (Disney/Pixar Toy Story) (Pictureback with Flaps) - Jan 10, 2012 by Kristen L. Depken and RH Disney
- Woody Guthrie Songbook (Richmond Music ¯ Folios) - Mar 1, 2000 by Woody Guthrie and Hal Leonard Corp.
- Woody Allen on Woody Allen - Jul 10, 2005 by Woody Allen and Stig Bjorkman
- Forced Founders: Indians, Debtors, Slaves, and the Making of the American Revolution in Virginia (Published for... - Sep 1999 by Woody Holton
Movies about Woody:
- Woody Allen: A Documentary Part 12011 NR CC
- Woody Allen: A Documentary Part 22011 NR CC
- A Vision Shared: A Tribute to Woody Guthrie and Leadbelly2014 NR
- Woody Woodpecker and Friends Halloween Favorites2014 NR
- Woody Woodpecker Favorites2009 NR
- The Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection2007 NR
- The Woody Allen Collection, Set 11980 NR
- The Woody Allen Blu-ray Bundle2013 NR
- Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection: Volume 22008 NR
- Woody Hayes' Ohio State Buckeyes2008 NR
Wiki information Woody:
- Woody Allen
- Dramatist, Film producer, Musician, Chess Player, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Measured person, Diet follower, Film music contributor, TV Personality
Heywood "Woody" Allen is an American actor, writer, director, comedian and playwright, whose career spans more than 50 years. He worked as a comedy writer in the 1950s, writing jokes and scripts for television and publishing several books of short...
- Woody Herman
- Bandleader, Person, Identity, Broadcast Artist, Author, Composer, Name source, Deceased Person, TV Actor, Award Nominee
Woodrow Charles "Woody" Herman was an American jazz clarinetist, alto and soprano saxophonist, singer, and big band leader. Leading various groups called "The Herd", Herman was one of the most popular of the 1930s and 1940s bandleaders. His bands...
- Woody Woodpecker
- Amusement Ride Theme, Film character, Fictional Character, Identity, Topic, TV Character
Woody is a fictional character from the 1958 film Misguided Missile.
- Woody plant
A woody plant is a plant that produces wood as its structural tissue. Woody plants are usually either trees, shrubs, or lianas. These are usually perennial plants whose stems and larger roots are reinforced with wood produced from secondary xylem....
- Woody Guthrie
- Folk Artist, Hall of fame inductee, Film subject, Composer, Broadcast Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Theatrical Composer, Topic, TV Actor, Deceased Person
Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie was an American singer-songwriter and musician whose musical legacy includes hundreds of political, traditional and children's songs, ballads and improvised works. He frequently performed with the slogan This machine...
- Woody Harrelson
- Actor, Featured artist, Public figure with medical condition, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Author, Social network user, TV Actor, Topic, TV Producer
Woodrow Tracy "Woody" Harrelson is an American actor, activist and playwright. He is a double Academy Award nominee, seven-time Emmy Award nominee and one-time winner. His breakout role came in 1985, joining the television sitcom Cheers as bartender...
- Woody Hayes
- Measured person, Athlete, Deceased Person, Name source, Military Person, Topic, Person, Film actor, Identity, American football head coach
Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes was an American football player and coach. He served as the head coach at Denison University, Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and The Ohio State University, compiling a career college football record of 238 wins, 72...
- Woody Strode
- Actor, Martial Artist, Celebrity, Topic, Film writer, Measured person, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Name source, Person
Woodrow Wilson Woolwine "Woody" Strode was an African American decathlete and football star who went on to become a film actor. He was nominated for a Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Spartacus in 1960. He served in the...
- Sheriff Woody
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Video Game Character, Fictional Character, Film character
Sheriff Woody Pride, or simply Woody, is a fictional character in the Toy Story franchise. He is voiced by Tom Hanks in both the movies and short films and by Jim Hanks in other media. He is a stuffed cowboy character that leads the other toys in...
- Woody Shaw
- Hard bop Artist, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Broadcast Artist, Featured artist, Musical Artist, Record Producer, Deceased Person, Composer
Woody Herman Shaw, Jr. was an American virtuoso trumpeter, flugelhornist, cornetist, composer and band leader, described by NPR Music as "the last great trumpet innovator". Shaw is regarded as one of the great jazz band leaders and innovators of his...