Meaning : Father of light, Father Of Light, Father of Light,
Pronunciation : AB ner, AB-nər (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Abner:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Abner:
- Abner is a Biblical name meaning 'father of light'. The name was borne by the leader of King Saul's army, and relative to the King himself.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Abner is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Abner is: Father of light.
- American Meaning: The name Abner is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Abner is: Father of light.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Abner is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Abner is: Father is light, or father of light. The Old Testament Abner was Saul's cousin and army commander, a clever strategist. Abner became fashionable after the Reformation. 'Li'l Abner', was the hero of a comic strip by cartoonist Al Capp.
- Means "my father is a light" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament, Abner was a cousin of Saul and the commander of his army. It has been used as an English Christian given name since the Protestant Reformation. It was popular with the Puritans, who brought it to America in the 17th century.
Definition funny of Abner:
- I wish I could grow up like abner.
- intelligent leader creative advice Abner
- Boy, It's boring here, your dad is such an "abner".
- White Man: How is the cotton today? Abner: Basketball
Expression information Abner:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information Abner:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Abner:
- Abner Louima v. Gov. Pete Wilson - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
- Love In A Home (from the Broadway Prod. of 1956 ''Li'l Abner'') by Jimmy Durante from the Album Hello Young Lovers
- The FBI In Peace And War / The Lum 'N' Abner Show / Let's Pretend / Hardy Family / The Firstnighter Program /... by Themes Like Old Times from the Album Themes Like Old Times (Volume 1) (90 Of The Most Famous Original Radio Themes)
- Love In A Home (From ''Li'l Abner'') by Mario Lanza;Henri René from the Album Seven Hills Of Rome
- Love In a Home (From the Broadway Musical, "Lil' Abner") by Perry Como from the Album A Perry Como Christmas
- Lil' Abner: Jubilation T. Cornpone by Peter Palmer from the Album Lil' Abner
- Se Mueven las Aguas (feat. Pastores Otoniel Font & Abner Avila) by Luis Santiago from the Album Vida
- Lil' Abner: The Country's In The Very Best Hands by Peter Palmer from the Album Lil' Abner
- Lum And Abner 1940's: Part 1 by Lum and Abner from the Album When Radio Was King
- Lum And Abner 1940's: Part 2 by Lum and Abner from the Album When Radio Was King
Books about Abner:
- Abner & Me (Baseball Card Adventures) - Jan 30, 2007 by Dan Gutman
- Abner Doubleday: Boy Baseball Pioneer (Young Patriots series) - Aug 1, 2005 by Montrew Dunham and Cathy Morrison
- Li'l Abner: The Complete Dailies and Color Sundays, Vol. 1: 1934-1936 - Apr 22, 2010 by Al Capp
- Li'l Abner Volume 7 (Lil Abner Hc) - Dec 25, 2014 by Al Capp
- Li'l Abner: The Complete Dailies and Color Sundays, Vol. 2: 1937-1938 - Dec 2, 2010 by Dean Mullaney and Bruce Canwell
- The best of Li'l Abner - 1978 by Al Capp
- Li'l Abner Volume 3 HC - Jun 23, 2011 by Al Capp
- The Complete Uncle Abner (The Mystery Library) - 1977 by Melville Davisson Post
- Sir Abner and His Grape Pickers: Matthew 20:1-16 for Children (Arch Book) - 1970 by Janice Kramer and Jim Roberts
- Li'l Abner: Dailies, Vol. 27: 1961 - Mar 1, 2009 by Al Capp
Movies about Abner:
Wiki information Abner:
- Li'l Abner
- Adapted Work, Comic Strip
Li'l Abner is a satirical American comic strip that appeared in many newspapers in the United States, Canada and Europe, featuring a fictional clan of hillbillies in the impoverished mountain village of Dogpatch, USA. Written and drawn by Al Capp,...
- Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person
In the Book of Samuel, Abner, is cousin to Saul and commander-in-chief of his army. He is often referred to as the son of Ner.
- Abner Mares
- Professional Boxer, Person, Athlete, Identity, Martial Artist, Boxer, Measured person, Olympic athlete
Abner Mares Martínez is a Mexican American professional boxer. Mares has won world titles in three weight divisions. Mares has held the IBF Bantamweight, WBC Super bantamweight and WBC Featherweight championships. Abner medaled repeatedly in...
- Abner Doubleday
- Person, Author, Deceased Person, Name source, Military Person, Identity
Abner Doubleday was a career United States Army officer and Union general in the American Civil War. He fired the first shot in defense of Fort Sumter, the opening battle of the war, and had a pivotal role in the early fighting at the Battle of...
- Abner Louima
- Man, Identity, Topic, Person
Abner Louima is a Haitian who was assaulted, brutalized and forcibly sodomized with a broken-off broom handle by officers of the New York City Police Department after being arrested outside a Brooklyn nightclub in 1997.
- Li'l Abner
- Play, Adaptation, Written Work
Li'l Abner is a musical with a book by Norman Panama and Melvin Frank, music by Gene De Paul, and lyrics by Johnny Mercer. Based on the comic strip Li'l Abner by Al Capp, the show is, on the surface, a broad spoof of hillbillies, but it is also a...
- Abner Biberman
- Actor, Topic, Film actor, Influence Node, TV Director, Film director, Person, TV Actor, Deceased Person
Abner Biberman, was an American actor, director, and screenwriter. Biberman was sometimes credited under the pseudonym Joel Judge.
- Abner Jay
- Folk Artist, Person, Deceased Person, Musical Artist, Musician
Abner Jay was an American multi-instrumentalist from Georgia, best known for performing eccentric, blues infused folk music as a one man band. His idiosyncratic lyrics and style have led some to consider his work outsider music.
- Abner Zwillman
- Man, Person, Deceased Person
Abner "Longie" Zwillman was a Jewish American mob boss, mainly active during the Prohibition, and operative in the North Jersey.
- Shawn Abner
- Baseball Player, Drafted athlete, Person, Measured person, Athlete
Shawn Wesley Abner is a former Major League Baseball outfielder who played from 1987 to 1992. He is best known for being chosen first in the 1984 Major League Baseball Draft, although he would go on to have a marginal career. Abner attended high...