Meaning : Man, Of the Earth, Man, Of The Earth, Of Hebrew origin meaning 'man'. The name Adam comes from the biblical name for the first man created by God, and thus the father of mankind., Man; earth,
Origin : Danish, Ukrainian, French, Georgian, Russian, Czech, Biblical Hebrew, Slovak, Biblical, Biblical Greek, Serbian, Norwegian, Dutch, English, Biblical Latin, Arabic, Macedonian, Croatian, Polish, Romanian, German, Swedish, Hebrew,
Pronunciation : A-dəm (English), a-DAWN (French), AH-dahm (German, Polish), AH:-dahm (Dutch), ah-DAHM (Russian, Ukrainian) , AD dum, (A-dam),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Adam:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Adam:
- According to the bible, Adam is the name of the first man on earth. The name derives from adama, which means 'earth' in Hebrew. God supposedly fashioned the first humans from earth and clay, breathing life into them. In Hebrew, it generically means 'man', and hence is not widely adopted as a given name. Famous bearers include Adam Sandler (actor) and Adam Rickett (actor).
- Muslim Meaning: The name Adam is a Muslim baby name. In Muslim the meaning of the name Adam is: The Biblical Adam is the English language equivalent.
- American Meaning: The name Adam is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Adam is: The Biblical Adam is the English language equivalent.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Adam is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Adam is: Earthy; red.
- English Meaning: The name Adam is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Adam is: Of the red earth.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Adam is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Adam is: Red, a reference to either the red skin or the red earth of Eden from which the Old Testament Adam was created in Genesis 2. Famous bearer: 7th century Irish St Adamnan, meaning 'little adam', was the biographer of St Columba.
- About as original (in terms of going way back in history, not uniqueness) as names get, Adam is -- obviously -- the first name of the first name, if you ascribe to biblical theory. Not surprisingly, it means “to make” or “to earth.” Unlike many other early biblical names, though, this one has a relatively modern sound. It peaked in the ’80s at an average ranking of 22, and has been slipping down the charts since then. Though it’s still a solid choice, it’s definitely not the freshest name (biblical or otherwise) you could settle on.
- This is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew אדם ('adam) meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Akkadian adamu meaning "to make". According to Genesis in the Old Testament Adam was created from the earth by God (there is a word play on Hebrew אֲדָמָה ('adamah) "earth"). He and Eve were supposedly the first humans, living happily in the Garden of Eden until Adam ate a forbidden fruit given to him by Eve. As an English Christian name, Adam has been common since the Middle Ages, and it received a boost after the Protestant Reformation. A famous bearer was Scottish economist Adam Smith (1723-1790).
Definition funny of Adam:
- Adam and Eve had wild sex all night long.
- you are being so adam/goober!
- Karen: Adam must be the sexiest damn person alive. Allison: I agree. Adam is hot!
- Adam-*says the most perfect things ever,* Tracy-*melts.*
- Adam will be a wonderful husband
- When people back down, Adam steps up. In a rough situation Adam will take command.
- Sarah: Adam is hilarious! Emily: I know, Adam is the only guy i see as a perfect fit for me. Sarah: Yeah, you and every other girl in this world.
Expression information Adam:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Adam:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Adam:
Books about Adam:
- Adam - Jun 10, 2014 by Ariel Schrag
- Adam: God's Beloved - Jul 12, 2012 by Henri J.M. Nouwen
- Adam (Riding Hard) (Volume 1) - Mar 10, 2015 by Jennifer Ashley
- ADAM - Aug 13, 2012 by A K Stone
- Adam - Jul 1, 2010 by Ted Dekker
- Adam (Nightwalkers #6) - Nov 1, 2011 by Jacquelyn Frank
- Adam - Jan 15, 2014 by keith lawson
- Adam (The Protectors Series) Book #5 - Jun 22, 2014 by Teresa Gabelman and Hot Tree Editing
- Broken (The Broken Romance Series Box Set) (A Sports Romance) (MMA Romance) - Sep 8, 2015 by Claire Adams
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back So You Want to Be a Jedi? - Sep 22, 2015 by Adam Gidwitz
Movies about Adam:
- John Adams Season 12008 CC
- Adam and Eve2005 NR CC
- MythBusters: Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman Live at the Paley Center2012 NR CC
- Adam's Apples (English Subtitled)2005 R
- Patch Adams2014 PG-13 CC
- Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam2010 PG CC
- Adam and Evalyne NR CC
- 92Y- Adam Carolla (November 2, 2010)2012 NR CC
- Adam: His Song Continues1986 NR CC
- Adam's Rib1949 NR CC
Famous about Adam:
- Adam Sandler - actor
- Adam Lambert - musician
- Adam Raki - title character in the movie Adam
- Adam “DJ AM” Goldstein - deejay
- Adam Duritz - musician
Infamous about Adam:
- Adam Jasinski - reality star
Wiki information Adam:
- Adam and Eve
- Literature Subject
Adam and Eve, according to the creation myths of the Abrahamic religions, were the first man and woman. The story of Adam and Eve is central to the belief that God created human beings to live in a paradise on earth, although they fell away from that...
- Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Art Subject, Name source, Person
Adam is a figure from the Book of Genesis who is also mentioned in the New Testament, the Quran, the Book of Mormon, and the Book of Iqan. According to the creation myth of the Abrahamic religions, he was the first human. In the Genesis creation...
- Automotive industry Business, Literature Subject, Sponsor, Automobile Company, Business Operation, Employer, Organization, Consumer company
Adam Opel AG is a German automobile manufacturer headquartered in Rüsselsheim, Hesse, Germany, and a subsidiary of General Motors Company. The company designs, engineers, manufactures and distributes Opel-branded passenger vehicles, light commercial...
- Wrestler, TV Actor, Public figure with medical condition, TV Personality, Film actor, Person, Person or entity appearing in film
Adam Joseph Copeland is a Canadian actor and retired professional wrestler. He is best known for his time with the American professional wrestling promotion WWE, where he performed under the ring name Edge. Copeland was trained by professional...
- Adam Sandler
- Actor, Film story contributor, TV Producer, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Topic, Celebrity, Animal owner, TV Actor, Identity
Adam Richard Sandler is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, entrepreneur, film producer, and musician. After becoming a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler went on to star in many Hollywood feature films that combined have grossed over $2...
- Adam Levine
- Alternative Artist, Musician, Public figure with medical condition, TV Actor, TV program guest, Celebrity, Person, Topic, Ranked item, Composer
Adam Noah Levine is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and actor. He is the lead vocalist for the Los Angeles pop rock band Maroon 5. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Levine began his musical career in 1994, when he...
- Adam Smith
- Philosopher, Organization member, Literature Subject, Author, Person, Name source, Deceased Person, Influence Node, Identity
Adam Smith was a British moral philosopher, pioneer of political economy, and key Scottish Enlightenment figure. Smith is best known for two classic works: The Theory of Moral Sentiments, and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of...
- Adam Lambert
- Alternative Artist, TV Personality, Film actor, Celebrity, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Featured artist, Person, Award Winner, Musician
Adam Mitchel Lambert is an American pop singer and songwriter best known for his powerhouse vocals and stage presence. Since 2009, he has sold over 2.5 million albums and 5 million singles worldwide. Lambert rose to fame in 2009 after finishing as...
- Robert Adam
- Identity, Person, Architect, Deceased Person, Project participant, Employer, Politician, Organization founder, Author, Influence Node
Robert Adam FRSE FRS FSA FSA FRSA was a Scottish neoclassical architect, interior designer and furniture designer. He was the son of William Adam, the country's foremost architect of the time, and trained under him. With his older brother John,...
- Adam Carolla
- Radio personality, Person, TV program guest, Broadcast Artist, Film actor, Film writer, Musical Artist, TV Program Creator, Organization advisor, Person or entity appearing in film
Adam Lakers Carolla is an American comedian, radio personality, television host, actor and podcaster. He hosts The Adam Carolla Show, a talk show distributed as a podcast which set the record as the "most downloaded podcast" as judged by Guinness...