Meaning : A variant spelling of 'Alastair' From the Scottish origin 'defender of men', Defender Of The People, Defender of the People,
Origin : Scottish,
Pronunciation : (AELahSTEH-R),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Alister:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Alister:
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Alister is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Alister is: defender of mankind.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Alister is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Alister is: defender of mankind.
- Greek Meaning: The name Alister is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Alister is: Defender; protector of mankind. Famous Bearer: Alexander the Great.
- Anglicized form of ALASDAIR
Definition funny of Alister:
- Oh my gosh he is such an a-lister, I wanna be like him.
- Did you see last year's Big Brother loser in the papers again? What an alister!
Expression information Alister:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Alister:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Alister:
- Turn Around (Alister Johnston Remix)[Instrumental] by Sola Rosa from the Album Get It Together - The Remixes (Instrumentals)
- Alister by Gadarene from the Album Volume One: 1694-2011
- aLiStEr by ImPeRiLs from the Album ImPeRiLs
- Alister (Original Mix) by Chris Hope & Andre Walter from the Album Portal Crossing
- Alister (Original Mix) by Chris Hope & Andre Walter from the Album Ibiza 2011 - The Complete Collection - 80 Tracks
- Alister (Original Mix) by Chris Hope & Andre Walter from the Album Ministry Of Electro House, Vol.18
- Alister (Original Mix) by Chris Hope & Andre Walter from the Album Most Wanted Underground Vol. 07
- Alister and Josephine by Plural from the Album Love Sleeps Where Love Lies
- Alister Mc. Alpines lament by Quink Vocal Ensemble from the Album Williams: Songs and Elegies
- Alister Mcalpine's Lament by The American Boychoir from the Album Sing!
Books about Alister:
- Christian Theology: An Introduction - Oct 4, 2010 by Alister E. McGrath
- Surprised by Meaning: Science, Faith, and How We Make Sense of Things - Feb 8, 2011 by Alister E. McGrath
- Theology: The Basics - Sep 13, 2011 by Alister E. McGrath
- The Christian Theology Reader - Mar 7, 2011 by Alister E. McGrath
- Historical Theology: An Introduction to the History of Christian Thought - Jul 23, 2012 by Alister E. McGrath
- Christianity: An Introduction - Jan 27, 2015 by Alister E. McGrath
- Mere Apologetics: How to Help Seekers and Skeptics Find Faith - Jan 1, 2012 by Alister E. McGrath
- Theology: The Basic Readings - Sep 26, 2011 by Alister E. McGrath
- C. S. Lewis - A Life: Eccentric Genius, Reluctant Prophet - Feb 18, 2013 by Alister McGrath
- Alister MacKenzie's Cypress Point Club - Oct 29, 2000 by Geoff Shackelford
Movies about Alister:
- ALISTER E. MCGRATH2009 NR
- A Christmas Carol [VHS Tape] (1979) Alister Sim; Brian Desmond Hurst1951 by Alister Sim and Kathleen Harrison, Jack Warner, Patrick Macnee, Mervy Johns, Hermione Baddeley, Michael Hordern, George Cole, Rona Anderson
- ALISTER E. MCGRATH2006
- El Santuario (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2012) Rhys Wakefield; Allison Cratchley; Alister Gr2012 Unrated
- The Christian Catalyst Collection VIPS: Alister E. Mcgrath2000 NR by Mcgrath,Alister E.
- Alister McGrath2000 by McGrath,Alister E. Vvvisv 4375
Wiki information Alister:
- Alister McGrath
- Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Person, Author, Academic, Influence Node
Alister Edgar McGrath is a Northern Irish theologian, priest, intellectual historian, scientist, and Christian apologist. He currently holds the Andreas Idreos Professorship in Science and Religion in the Faculty of Theology and Religion at the...
- Alister MacKenzie
- Person, Golf Course Architect, Measured person, Athlete, Golfer, Identity, Architect, Hall of fame inductee, Deceased Person
Alister MacKenzie was a British golf course architect whose course designs span four continents. Originally trained as a surgeon, MacKenzie served as a civilian doctor with the British army during the Boer War where he first became aware of the...
- Alister McRae
- Racing driver, Measured person, Athlete, Person
Alister McRae is a Scottish rally driver, who competed in the World Rally Championship. He is the son of the five-time British Rally Champion Jimmy McRae and the younger brother of the late 1995 World Rally Champion, Colin McRae. Alister is married...
- Singer, Social network user, Musician, Musical Artist, Person
- Alister Hardy
- Person, Deceased Person, Author
Sir Alister Clavering Hardy, FRS was an English marine biologist, an expert on marine ecosystems spanning organisms from zooplankton to whales. Hardy served as zoologist on the RRS Discovery's voyage to explore the Antarctic between 1925 and 1927. On...
- Alister McDermott
- Cricketer, Measured person, Athlete, Person, Cricket Player, Cricket Bowler
Alister Craig McDermott is an Australian cricketer who plays for Queensland in Australian domestic cricket. He made his Queensland List A debut on 11 October 2009 against Western Australia, and his First Class debut on 18 November 2009, in a match...
- Alister Walker
- Athlete, Measured person, Person
Alister Walker, is a professional squash player who represented England. He now represents Botswana. He reached a career-high world ranking of World No. 12 in September 2009.
- Alister Grierson
- Film director, Film writer, Topic, Film editor, Person
Alister Grierson is an Australian film director and scriptwriter. Born in Canberra, he completed his secondary schooling at Canberra Grammar, graduated in Economics and Arts from the Australian National University and studied Japanese in Tokyo. As an...
- Alister Williamson
- Actor, TV Actor, Influence Node, Person, Film actor, Deceased Person
Alister Williamson was an Australian-born character actor, who appeared in many British films and television series of the 1960s and 1970s. A big, craggy-faced man, he would usually be found playing gruff police inspectors or henchmen in adventure...
- Alister Clark
- Man, Person, Deceased Person
Alister Clark was the best known and most influential Australian rose breeder. His roses were the most widely planted in Australia between the World Wars and made an enduring difference to the appearance of Australian cities. His experiments...