Meaning : Bailiff, Bailiff, Steward, The Bailey can be used as both a male or female name and has the meanings "baliff" and "berry wood". This meaning comes from the job title "baliff",
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : BAY-lee , (Bay-lee), BAY lee,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Bailey:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Bailey:
- Bailey as a first name exists as a transferred use of the surname whose origin is ambiguous. It was the name for a bailiff, someone who lived near a bailey (city fortification) or near Bailey in Lancashire, coming from Old English for berry wood/clearing. Well-used for both boys and girls, the name prevails amongst females in the US and males in the UK. Bailey's is the name of an Irish liquor.
- English Meaning: The name Bailey is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Bailey is: Steward or public official; man in charge.
- French Meaning: The name Bailey is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Bailey is: Steward or public official; man in charge.
- American Meaning: The name Bailey is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Bailey is: Steward or public official; man in charge.
- After a few decades low on the male charts in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, Bailey disappeared until the early ‘80s, when it appeared on the female charts. It’s dropped a little from its ’98 peak of 60 but is still a fun and happy choice. It’s spawned a whole host of other spellings, but we strongly suggest sticking with this one. The name also has a whole host of meanings -- Bailey was once an occupational surname used by bailiffs and other law enforcement workers, breaks down into “berry” (beg) and “wood” (leah) in Old English and was also used as a surname for people who lived near a bailey (which is the fortification surrounding a city).
- From a surname derived from Middle English baili meaning "bailiff", originally denoting one who was a bailiff.
Definition funny of Bailey:
- guy1: wow bailey is so hot guy 2: ya she is pretty much perfect but she isnt a jerk about it
- Damn, that girl is such a Bailey. Why can't she see how great she is and stop looking at losers like that??
- Hey, Bailey, can you help me out here? I don't get this question. Her name was Brookelle Bailey. Did you see that HOT girl walking down the hallway just now? I think her name was Bailey.
- Bailey is always there for me!
- me: i love you bailey: i love you too
- My mom was so pissed when I pulled a bailey on her new car.
- -Did you see that Bailey!? She was fucking amazing. -Thinkin' of Bailey makes mah heart beat faster. Dude talking to other dude: Dude 1: If Bailey ever needs somebody, she can always come to me, bro. Dude 2: Yeah
Expression information Bailey:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Bailey:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Bailey:
- Blaise Bailey Finnegan III - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- Mud Digger Mega Remix (feat. Lenny Cooper, Colt Ford, Moonshine Bandits, Demun Jones, Moccasin Creek & Cap Bailey) by Mud Digger from the Album Mud Digger, Vol. 6
- Fool For You (feat. Philip Bailey) by CeeLo Green from the Album The Lady Killer [Explicit]
- When I Grow up (feat. Lauren Ward & Bailey Ryon) by Original Broadway Cast Of Matilda The Musical from the Album Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- Titanium (As Performed by Madilyn Bailey) [Karaoke] by Paxus Productions from the Album Paxtrax Professional Backing Tracks: Pop Songs 2
- Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home by Bobby Darin from the Album Mack The Knife
- Won't You Come Home, Bill Bailey? (Album Version) by Harry Connick Jr. from the Album Oh, My Nola
- Smokestack (Remix) [feat. Cap Bailey] by The Lacs from the Album Nothing in Particular
- Free [feat. Corinne Bailey Rae] by Marcus Miller from the Album Marcus
- Barnum and Bailey's Favorite by The United States Army Band "Pershing's Own" from the Album 4th of July
Books about Bailey:
- Bailey - Aug 1, 2011 by Harry Bliss
- Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes: Cultural Studies in the Gospels - Feb 22, 2008 by Kenneth E. Bailey
- Bailey at the Museum - Sep 1, 2012 by Harry Bliss
- Bailey Goes Camping - Apr 24, 1997 by Kevin Henkes
- Ethics for Behavior Analysts: 2nd Expanded Edition - Mar 10, 2011 by Jon Bailey and Mary Burch
- Augustus: The Life And Times Of Rome's Greatest Emperor - Sep 13, 2015 by Simon T. Bailey
- The End of Doom: Environmental Renewal in the Twenty-first Century - Jul 21, 2015 by Ronald Bailey
- Photoshop: 7 Ways to Use Adobe Photoshop like a Pro: The Beginners Guide to Mastering Photography Editing, Using... - Aug 25, 2015 by Edward Bailey
- Live Ever - Sep 14, 2015 by Bailey Ball
- Ghost to the Rescue (A Bailey Ruth Ghost Novel) - Oct 6, 2015 by Carolyn Hart
Movies about Bailey:
- Adventures of Bailey: The Lost Puppy2010 NR CC
- Scott & Bailey, Season 12011 CC
- Scott & Bailey, Season 22012 CC
- Scott & Bailey: Season 32015 NR
- Scott & Bailey: Season Four2016
- Ben Bailey: Road Rage and Accidental Ornithology2011 NR
- Adventures of Bailey: Christmas Hero2012 NR CC
- Scott & Bailey: Season 12014 NR
- Rumpole of the Bailey: Complete Series Megaset2010 NR
- Adventures of Bailey: A Night in Cowtown2013 NR CC
Famous about Bailey:
- Bailey - character in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- Bailey Hanks - actress
- Bailey Pickett - character in The Suite Life on Deck
- Bailey Chase - actor
- Bailey Salinger - character in Party of Five
Wiki information Bailey:
- Motte-and-bailey castle
A motte-and-bailey castle is a fortification with a wooden or stone keep situated on a raised earthwork called a motte, accompanied by an enclosed courtyard, or bailey, surrounded by a protective ditch and palisade. Relatively easy to build with...
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Organization, Employer
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is an American circus company billed as The Greatest Show on Earth. The company was started in 1919 when the circus created by James Anthony Bailey and P. T. Barnum was merged with the Ringling Brothers...
- Crunk Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Film actor, Featured artist, Award Winner, Social network user, Broadcast Artist, Award Nominee, Topic
Howard Bailey, Jr., better known by his stage name Chingy, is an American rapper and actor. Chingy grew up in the T. B. Watkins section of Kansas City, MO and began rapping in earnest in his late teens. He asked Jay-Z for a record deal, but was...
- Alice Bailey
- Astrologer, Organization founder, Author, Person, Deceased Person
Alice Ann Bailey was a writer and theosophist in occult teachings, esoteric psychology and healing, astrological and other philosophic and religious themes. Bailey was born as Alice LaTrobe Bateman, in Manchester, England. She moved to the United...
- Old Bailey
- Listed Site, Structure, Project focus, Court, Building, Location
The Central Criminal Court of England and Wales, commonly known as the Old Bailey from the street on which it stands, is a court in London and one of a number of buildings housing the Crown Court. Part of the present building stands on the site of...
- Bailey bridge
- Identity, Bridge Type
The Bailey bridge is a type of portable, pre-fabricated, truss bridge. It was developed by the British during World War II for military use and saw extensive use by both British and the American military engineering units. A Bailey bridge had the...
- Rumpole of the Bailey
- TV Drama, Award-Nominated Work, Topic, Adapted Work, Netflix Title, TV Program
Rumpole of the Bailey is a British television series created and written by the British writer and barrister John Mortimer. It stars Leo McKern as Horace Rumpole, an ageing London barrister who defends any and all clients. The original show has been...
- Laura Bailey
- Actor, Musical Artist, Topic, Film actor, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Video Game Actor, Identity, TV Actor
Laura Dawn Bailey is an American actress who provides voices for a number of English-language versions of Japanese anime films and television series as well as voice roles in video games and cartoons. Her notable roles include Maka Albarn in Soul...
- Location, Statistical region, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area
Bailey is a town in Nash County, North Carolina, United States. It is part of the Rocky Mount, North Carolina Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 569 at the 2010 census.
- Newspaper circulation area, City/Town/Village, Dated location, Location, Statistical region
Bailey is an unincorporated community and U.S. Post Office in northeastern Park County, Colorado, United States. Bailey's Post Office ZIP Code is 80421. The town community consists of several small businesses, restaurants and churches.