Meaning : Son of my sorrow, Son of my Right Hand, Made of the elements ben meaning 'son' and 'yamin' meaning 'right', the whole means 'son of my right hand' or 'favorite' or 'son of my old age'., Son Of My Right Hand,
Pronunciation : (BEHNJahMahn), BEN jah min, BEN-jə-min (English), ben-zha-MEN (French), BEN-yah-meen (German) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Benjamin:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Benjamin:
- Benjamin is a name with Hebrew origins. The meaning of Benjamin is Son of My Right Hand. Alternative spelling include Benjamen and Benjamim. Common nicknames for Benjamin include Ben, Benny and Benjie. One of the most famous Benjamins is Benjamin Franklin, statesman and founding father of the United States. Benjamin Harrison was the 23rd President of the United States. Benjamin Netanyahu is the current Prime Minister of Israel and Benjamin Disraeli was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in the 1800s. There was even a Pope Benjamin in the 14th century. Ben Affleck is a popular American actor. Benjamin Agosto and Benjamin Okolski are figure skaters. Fictional characters named Ben include Ben and Gentle Ben, a rat and a bear in movies by the same name. Human characters include Benjamin Linus (Lost), Ben Kenobi (Star Wars), and Benjamin Stone (Law & Order). People who like the name Benjamin like names that are popular and Biblical.
- A biblical name borne by the youngest of the twelve sons of Jacob. His mother Rachel died in giving birth to him, and in her last moments she named him Benoni, meaning 'son of my sorrow'. His father, however, did not wish him to bear such an ill-omened name, and renamed him Benyamin. This means either 'son of the right hand' or more likely 'son of the south', since Benjamin was the only child of Jacob born in Canaan and not in Mesopotamia to the north. Another tradition is that the second element of the name is a variant of the Hebrew plural noun 'yamim, which means 'days' but is used idiomatically to mean 'year' or 'years'. The name would then mean 'son of my old age' and refer to the fact that Benjamin was Jacob's youngest kid. In the middle ages the name was often given to young boys whose mothers had passed away during childbirth. Today it has lost this morbid association and rose in popularity along with the release of move The Graduate, in which Dustin Hoffman played the role of Benjamin Braddock. Famous bearers include Ben Stiller and Ben Affleck (actors), Benjamin Franklin (founding father of USA) and Ben Sherman (designer).
- Biblical Meaning: The name Benjamin is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Benjamin is: Son of the right hand.
- American Meaning: The name Benjamin is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Benjamin is: Son of the right hand.
- English Meaning: The name Benjamin is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Benjamin is: Right-hand son. Benjamin was the youngest son of Jacob in the Bible. Famous Bearer: Dr. Benjamin Spock.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Benjamin is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Benjamin is: Son of my right hand. Many Jewish families named their youngest child Benjamin. Famous bearers: 19th century British statesman Benjamin Disraeli. Dustin Hoffman's character in the 1967 movie 'The Graduate.' Biblical Jacob's twelfth son.
- After the biblical Rachel named her twelfth son Benoni (meaning “son of my sorrow”) as she lay dying, dad Jacob pulled a clutch move and changed the name to Binyamin (“son of the south” or “son of the right hand”) to represent the place in which he was born. As hard as he tried, though, he couldn’t entirely change the name’s connotations. In the Middle Ages, the name was often given to boys whose mothers died during childbirth. But (!) it’s a solid, strong name and offers a few viable nickname options that work well for a guy of any age.
- From the Hebrew name בִּנְיָמִין (Binyamin) which means "son of the south" or "son of the right hand". Benjamin in the Old Testament is the twelfth and youngest son of Jacob and the founder of one of the southern tribes of the Hebrews. He was originally named בֶּן־אוֹנִי (Ben-'oniy) meaning "son of my sorrow" by his mother Rachel, who died shortly after childbirth, but it was later changed by his father. As an English name, Benjamin came into general use after the Protestant Reformation. A famous bearer was Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), an American statesman, inventor, scientist and philosopher.
Definition funny of Benjamin:
- Benjamin is my brother, my teacher, and my best friend.
- Benjamin,Intriguing, kind-hearted, genuine
- Wow, that guy is just radiating Benjaminness!!
- what is in this bag?--it's full of benjamins!
- We gots to get those Benjamins
- Its all about tha benjamins!
- benjamin is such a nazi, I cant believe he is a jew
Expression information Benjamin:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Benjamin:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Benjamin:
- A Life in the Day of Benjamin Andre - OutKast
- The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg - Iron Maiden
- It's All About The Benjamins (feat. The Notorious B.I.G., Lil' Kim & The Lox) [Remix] [Explicit] by Puff Daddy from the Album No Way Out [Explicit]
- All About The Benjamins by P. Diddy feat. The Notorious B.I.G., The Lox, Lil' Kim from the Album Bad Boy's 10th Anniversary- The Hits [Explicit]
- Benjamin by Sandra Kolstad from the Album Zero Gravity State of Mind
- Benjamin's Peace (New Recording) by Julie True from the Album Let My Life Be Worship - Live Soaking Worship Music - A Compilation
- The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg by Iron Maiden from the Album From Fear to Eternity - The Best Of 1990-2010
- The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg by Iron Maiden from the Album A Matter of Life and Death
- It's All About The Benjamins (Remix) [feat. The Notorious B.I.G., Lil' Kim & The Lox] [Clean] by Puff Daddy from the Album No Way Out (Remastered Edition) [Clean]
- Strange Fruition (feat. Casey Benjamin) [Explicit] by Lupe Fiasco from the Album Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1 [Explicit]
Books about Benjamin:
- The Adventures of Benjamin Bear - Oct 1, 2013 by Claire Freedman and Steve Smallman
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (Dover Thrift Editions) - Jun 7, 1996 by Benjamin Franklin
- Illuminations: Essays and Reflections - Jan 13, 1969 by Walter Benjamin and Hannah Arendt
- The Tale of Benjamin Bunny (Peter Rabbit) - Jan 19, 2012 by Beatrix Potter
- Benjamin Franklin: An American Life - Jun 1, 2004 by Walter Isaacson
- BENJAMIN Makes Words!: A personalized world of words based on the letters in the name BENJAMIN, with humorous... - Mar 17, 2014 by Paula Hollins
- Ben Loves Bear (David McPhail's Love Series) - Jan 1, 2013 by David McPhail
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin - Feb 14, 2015 by Benjamin Franklin
- The Arcades Project - Apr 29, 2002 by Walter Benjamin and Rolf Tiedemann
- The Work of Art in the Age of Its Technological Reproducibility, and Other Writings on Media - Jun 30, 2008 by Walter Benjamin and Michael W. Jennings
Movies about Benjamin:
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button2008 PG-13 CC
- All About the Benjamins2002 R CC
- Who Killed Walter Benjamin2012 NR CC
- Private Benjamin1980 R CC
- Jon Benjamin Has a Van Season 1 [HD]2011 CC
- 4 Film Favorites: Ice Cube2008 Unrated
- Beowulf (Benjamin Bagby Musical Performance)2006 NR
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button2013 PG-13
- Private Benjamin1997 R
- Benjamin Franklin - LIVE! & In Person - ated2010 NR
Famous about Benjamin:
- Benjamin Harrison - US President
- Benjamin Franklin - Founding Father
- Benjamin “Ben” Affleck - actor
- Benjamin Netanyahu - Israeli Prime Minister
- Benjamin Bratt - actor