Meaning : Stream, Brooklyn can also be used as a boys name, but is much more popular for girls. The name has been used as a reference to the borough of New York City. It's alternative meaning derives from the Dutch word 'Breukelen', which means 'broken land'. Additionally, the word has connotatoions with 'water' and 'streams'., New York Borough,
Pronunciation : Bruk lin, BRUWK-lin , (BRUK-lin),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Brooklyn:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Brooklyn:
- Brooklyn derives from the name of the borough in New York. It is very popular due to its combination of two well loved names: Brooke and Lynn. The name is very popular in the USA and Canada.
- English Meaning: The name Brooklyn is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Brooklyn is: Water; stream.
- American Meaning: The name Brooklyn is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Brooklyn is: Water; stream.
- The origin for this one is pretty obvious -- for those still curious, it comes from that second borough on the southeast side of Manhattan. The word itself comes from the Dutch for “broken land,” which feels pretty sad to us, so we’ll stick to mental imagery of Prospect Park and the botanical gardens. Along with lots of other place names, this one first hit the charts in the ’90s but really picked up steam and started skyrocketing after the ’99 birth of a certain Brooklyn Beckham (son to David and Victoria). Curiously enough though, it’s been rising quickly on the female charts. (Well, not so curious -- come on, Brook plus Lyn? We could’ve predicted that one.) As with all modern, trendy names, this one has a whole host of (mis)spellings -- most popular is Brooklynn, which is in the top 200. If you’re into trendy popularity spike names, fine, but please just do us one favor: Stick with the original real spelling. Please.
- From the name of the borough of New York City, originally derived from Dutch Breukelen meaning "broken land". It can also be viewed as a combination of BROOK and the popular name suffix lyn.
Definition funny of Brooklyn:
- Bklynz da shit man :)
- Brooklyn is da hoodest borough in da NYC!!!
- Brooklyn is da shizznit and kicks the other boroughs asses
- if you go to brooklyn, you're cool
- look on the map bitch!!
- A. There is more to Brooklyn then poser gangasters and 'garbage bag pants'. B. Brooklyn Tech Highschool stands up there with Stuyvesant and Bronx Science! C. Let's go hang out at Kings Highway after school! D. It's like a Russian Chinatown in this area... every sign is in Russian!
- Guy 1: Holy look at that chick over there! Guy 2: Dude that HAS to be a Brooklyn!
Expression information Brooklyn:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Brooklyn:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Brooklyn:
- Brooklyn - Steely Dan
- Brooklyn is Burning - Head Automatica
- No Sleep Till Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys from the Album Licensed To Ill
- Heaven Knows [feat. Brooklyn Dreams] by Donna Summer from the Album On The Radio: Greatest Hits Volumes I & II
- Brooklyn Baby [Explicit] by Lana Del Rey from the Album Ultraviolence (Deluxe) [Explicit]
- Brooklyn Baby [Explicit] by Lana Del Rey from the Album Ultraviolence [Explicit]
- Somewhere In Brooklyn by Bruno Mars from the Album Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Deluxe)
- Brooklyn-Queens by 3rd Bass from the Album The Cactus Album
- Queen Of Brooklyn by Joseph Arthur from the Album Junkyard Hearts
- Brooklyn Heights by Down To The Bone from the Album From Manhattan To Staten
Books about Brooklyn:
- Brooklyn - Sep 8, 2015 by Colm Toibin
- Lost Brooklyn - Dec 15, 2014 by Marcia Reiss
- Not For Tourists Guide to Brooklyn 2015 - Nov 25, 2014 by Not For Tourists
- Streetwise Brooklyn Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Brooklyn, New York - Folding pocket size travel... - Jun 1, 2014 by Streetwise Maps
- The Great Bridge: The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge - Jan 12, 1983 by David McCullough
- B Is for Brooklyn - Aug 21, 2012 by Selina Alko
- Walking Brooklyn: 30 tours exploring historical legacies, neighborhood culture, side streets and waterways - Jun 15, 2007 by Adrienne Onofri
- Asian-American: Proudly Inauthentic Recipes from the Philippines to Brooklyn - Sep 15, 2015 by Dale Talde and JJ Goode
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Modern Classics) - May 30, 2006 by Betty Smith
- Fodor's Brooklyn (Travel Guide) - Sep 15, 2015 by Fodor's
Movies about Brooklyn:
- The Angriest Man In Brooklyn2014 R CC
- Patty Duke Show: Still Rockin' in Brooklyn Heights, The2012 NR CC
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 12013 CC
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Season 22014 CC
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Season 32015 CC
- Texas, Brooklyn and Heaven2009 NR CC
- Neath Brooklyn Bridge1942 PG CC
- Brooklyn's Finest: To Protect and Serve2010 NR
- Brooklyn's Finest2010 R CC
- The Brooklyn Bridge - 40th Anniversary Edition2012 NR CC
Famous about Brooklyn:
- Brooklyn Beckham - son of David and Victoria Beckham
- Brooklyn Decker - model
- Brooklynn Proulx (alt. spelling) - actress
- Brook-Lynn (alt. spelling) - alter ego of Mary J. Blige
Wiki information Brooklyn:
- Periodical Subject, Literature Subject, Newspaper circulation area, Sports Team Location, Employer, Exhibition subject, Location, Place with neighborhoods, Organization scope, Governmental Jurisdiction
Brooklyn is coterminous with Kings County, which is the most populous county in New York State, and the second most densely populated county in the United States (after New York (Manhattan)).Kings County was one of the original 12 counties, and...
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Sports Team, Topic, Professional Sports Team, Award Nominee, Baseball Team, Award Winner, Organization, Literature Subject
The Los Angeles Dodgers are a professional baseball team in Los Angeles, California, who are members of the National League West division of Major League Baseball. Established in 1883 in Brooklyn, New York, the team moved to Los Angeles before the...
- Brooklyn Museum
- Beaux-Arts Structure, Exhibition venue, Listed Site, Project focus, Identity, Employer, Structure, Museum, Exhibition producer, Building
The Brooklyn Museum is an art museum located in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. At 560,000 square feet, the museum is New York City's second largest in physical size and holds an art collection with roughly 1.5 million works. Located near the...
- Brooklyn College
- Film screening venue, Organization, Ranked item, Employer, Educational Institution Campus, Location, Endowed Organization, College/University, Educational Institution
Brooklyn College is a senior college of the City University of New York, located in Brooklyn, New York, United States. Established in 1930 by the New York City Board of Higher Education, the College had its beginnings as the Downtown Brooklyn...
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Neo-gothic Structure, Literature Subject, Project focus, Bridge, Tourist attraction, Structure, Art Subject, Location, Listed Site, Exhibition subject
The Brooklyn Bridge is a hybrid cable-stayed/suspension bridge in New York City and is one of the oldest bridges of either type in the United States. Completed in 1883, it connects the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn by spanning the East River. It...
- Neighborhood, Governmental Jurisdiction, Statistical region, Newspaper circulation area, Location, Dated location
Williamsburg is a neighborhood of 113,000 inhabitants in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, bordering Greenpoint to the north; Bedford–Stuyvesant to the south; Bushwick, East Williamsburg, and Ridgewood, Queens to the east; and Fort Greene and...
- Brooklyn Nets
- Basketball Team, Identity, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Employer, TV subject, Sports Team, Professional Sports Team
The Brooklyn Nets are an American professional basketball team based in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. They compete in the National Basketball Association as a member of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference. The team was...
- Brooklyn Heights
- Statistical region, Dated location, Neighborhood, Filming location, Location, Identity
Brooklyn Heights is an affluent residential neighborhood within the New York City borough of Brooklyn. Originally referred to as Brooklyn Village, it has been a prominent area of Brooklyn since 1834. The neighborhood is noted for its low-rise...
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University
- Endowed Organization, Educational Institution, Organization, College/University, Educational Institution Campus, Employer, Business Operation, Ranked item, Location, Nonprofit organization
New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering is one of the schools and colleges that comprise New York University. Founded in 1854, the school is the second oldest private engineering and technology school in the United States. For the...
- Neighborhood, Location, Statistical region
Bedford–Stuyvesant is a neighborhood of 153,000 inhabitants in the north central portion of the New York City borough of Brooklyn. The neighborhood is part of Brooklyn Community Board 3, Brooklyn Community Board 8, and Brooklyn Community Board 16....