Meaning : From the Hebrew 'kelev' meaning 'dog'. The name was given to one of Moses' devoted companions on the journey to the promised land, therefore it is associated with loyalty and devotion to God., Whole Hearted, Dog,
Pronunciation : (KEYLahB), KAY-ləb (English) , KAY leb,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Caleb:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Caleb:
- Caleb is a name with Hebrew origins. The meaning of the name Caleb is Whole Hearted and is derived from the Hebrew words “Col” (all or whole) and “Lev” (heart). The most common variations of the name Caleb are Kaleb and Kalib. Common nicknames include Cal, Cale, and Cay. Famous Calebs include politicians (Caleb Atwater, Caleb Banks), the inventor of Pepsi (Caleb Bradham), and author Caleb Carr. Athletes include Caleb Binge, Caleb Folan, and Caleb Hanie. Caleb Cheeshahteaumuck was the first Native American to graduate from Harvard. Fictional characters named Caleb include Caleb Garth from Middlemarch, Caleb Trask from East of Eden, and Caleb Bradley from The Fountainhead. There were also characters named Caleb on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Pretty Little Liars, and The O.C. People who like the name Caleb tend to like names that are traditional or with Hebrew origins.
- Caleb is a Biblical name meaning 'dog'. It is also sometimes considered to mean 'loyal', or 'whole hearted', depending on how the Hebrew name is translated. Caleb was the name of one of Moses' followers on the journey to the Promised Land.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Caleb is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Caleb is: A dog, a crow, a basket'.
- American Meaning: The name Caleb is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Caleb is: A dog, a crow, a basket'.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Caleb is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Caleb is: Meaning dog, or bold. Famous bearer: Caleb was one of twelve Islaelite leaders sent by Moses to explore the Promised Land.
- Like Noah and Ethan, Caleb’s a classic biblical name that’s quickly moving up the charts with its fresh, slightly edgy sound. The rough news: It means “dog” in Hebrew. The good news: Dogs are really loyal! The original Caleb was one of Moses’ 12 spies in Israel, so the name’s also interpreted to mean “bold and intrepid.” (It’s fine if you just want to skip over meaning number one.) The name jumped onto the charts in the ’70s with an average ranking of 398, and since then has just about doubled in popularity every decade, up to its current peak in the top 35. Warning: It may be hard to resist playing with the spelling of this name. Kaylyb…Caylub…Kalob…but don’t do it. Please, just don’t.
- Most likely related to Hebrew כֶּלֶב (kelev) meaning "dog". An alternate theory connects it to Hebrew כָּל (kal) "whole, all of" and לֵב (lev) "heart". In the Old Testament this is the name of one of the twelve spies sent by Moses into Israel. Of the Israelites who left Egypt with Moses, Caleb and Joshua were the only ones who lived to see the Promised Land. As an English name, Caleb came into use after the Protestant Reformation. It was common among the Puritans, who introduced it to America in the 17th century.
Definition funny of Caleb:
- look at that caleb lifting 500 lbs!! thats guy is a total caleb! Man, that caleb is a total hottie!
- caleb is dutch for: the best boyfriend imaginable <3 I love him with all i have
- Man! I wish i was a Caleb! When i grow up i wanna be a Caleb. I wanna date a Caleb They're soooo Cool.
- go walk the caleb you are far too caleb
- his name MUST be Caleb!(:
- A "Caleb" is found in the following places: American Gothic (TV Show) The Covenant (Movie)
- Salley: My dog just died! Caleb: That is terrible! do you wanna come over and talk?
Expression information Caleb:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Caleb:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Caleb:
- Caleb Meyer - Gillian Welch
- Caleb Meyer by Gillian Welch from the Album Hell Among The Yearlings
- Caleb Meyer by The Greencards from the Album Movin' On
- Rambler's Blues (feat. Caleb Klauder, Sammy Lind & Nadine Landry) by Erynn Marshall from the Album Tune Tramp
- Caleb by Terry Hamilton from the Album Ashcamp Roots of My Faith
- Back In The Day (feat. "Caleb Tha Bridge," and Gerald Albright by Kirk Whalum, Caleb Tha Bridge, Gerald Albright from the Album Roundtrip
- This Day Aria - Caleb Hyles by Caleb Hyles from the Album This Day Aria - Caleb Hyles (From My Little Pony)
- Be Still and Know (feat. Caleb Chapman) by Steven Curtis Chapman from the Album Deep Roots
- Caleb by Houston Marchman & The Contraband from the Album Live!
- Survive (feat. Caleb Shomo of Beartooth) by Gideon from the Album Calloused
Books about Caleb:
- Caleb - Nov 4, 2014 by Charles Alverson
- Circle Eight: Caleb (Volume 3) - Jan 24, 2013 by Emma Lang
- Caleb's Crossing: A Novel - Apr 24, 2012 by Geraldine Brooks
- Caleb's Story (Sarah, Plain and Tall) - Aug 3, 2004 by Patricia MacLachlan
- Caleb and Kate - May 1, 1986 by William Steig
- Caleb (Phoenix Club) (Volume 2) - Jul 28, 2014 by CJ Bishop
- Caleb and Jack - Nov 6, 2007 by Jennifer Jones-Bates,
- Infected: The Flight - Jul 23, 2015 by Caleb Cleek
- Caleb (The Shadow Wranglers Book 1) - Oct 6, 2009 by Sarah McCarty
- Cassie & Caleb Discover God's Wonderful Design - May 1, 2013 by Susan Hunt and Richard Hunt Jr.
Movies about Caleb:
- Caleb's Door2012 NR CC
- The Book of Caleb2008
- Les Filles de Caleb by Marina Orsini and Roy Dupuis
- Salieri - Tarare / Lafont, Caleb, Lorenz, Crook, Malgoire, Schwetzinger Festspiele1988 NR
- Caleb's Rescue2000 by Adventures of the Royal Academ
- Caleb and the Silver Cup2000 by Adventures Of The Royal Academy
- Charlie Rose with Ernest May & Philip Zelikow; Stephen Jay Gould; Caleb Carr2006
- Joshua, The General/Caleb (Superbook Video Bible #16) [VHS]Feb 1, 1998 by Tyndale
- Les Filles De Caleb - Coffret de Collection1000
- Caleb's Door2008 Unrated
Famous about Caleb:
- Caleb Followill - musician
- Caleb Carr - author
- Caleb Bice - son of Bo Bice
Infamous about Caleb:
- Caleb Lacey - murderer and arsonist
- Caleb Bradley - character in The Fountainhead
Wiki information Caleb:
- Man, Person
Caleb, sometimes transliterated Kaleb is a figure who appears in the Bible as a representative of the Tribe of Judah during the Israelites' journey to the Promised Land. A reference to him may also be found in the Quran, although his name is not...
- Kings of Leon
- Alternative Artist, Social network user, Award Nominee, Musical Group, Composer, Award Winner, Musical Artist, Topic, Broadcast Artist, Influence Node
Kings of Leon is an American rock band that formed in Nashville, Tennessee, in 2000. The band is composed of brothers Caleb Followill, Nathan Followill and Jared Followill, with their cousin Matthew Followill. The band's early music was blend of...
- Fictional Character, TV Character
Caleb is a fictional character played by Nathan Fillion in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer created by Joss Whedon. The character is a sadistic sociopath with a pathological hatred of women. According to Whedon, the character was...
- Caleb Deschanel
- Cinematographer, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Film writer, Person, Award Winner, Film actor, Film cinematographer, TV Director, Film director
Joseph Caleb Deschanel, A.S.C. is an American film cinematographer and film/television director. He has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Cinematography five times. He is currently a member of the National Film Preservation Board of the...
- Caleb Johnson
- Hard rock Artist, Person, TV program guest, Competitor, Musician, Musical Artist, TV Personality
Caleb Perry Johnson is an American singer who won the thirteenth season of American Idol.
- Caleb Followill
- Alternative Artist, Award Winner, Film producer, Musician, Musical Artist, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Lyricist, , Topic
Caleb Followill is a member of the musical group Kings of Leon.
- Caleb Carr
- Novelist, Film writer, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Author, Topic, Person
Caleb Carr is an American novelist and military historian.
- Caleb Hanie
- Measured person, Athlete, Person, American football player, Identity
Caleb Jeffrey Hanie is an American football quarterback who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Colorado State.
- Caleb Shomo
- Hardcore punk Artist, Musical Artist, Person, Musician
Caleb Joshua Shomo is the lead vocalist of hardcore punk band Beartooth, the former lead vocalist of metalcore band Attack Attack!, and the owner of Studio Records in Columbus, Ohio. Shomo joined Attack Attack! as keyboardist at 15 years old while...
- Caleb Moore
- Deceased Person, Topic, Measured person, Athlete, Film actor, Person
Caleb Moore is an actor.