Meaning : Beloved, Darling, A biblical name meaning 'beloved' or 'favorite'.,
Pronunciation : DAY-vid (English), dah-VEED (Jewish), da-VEED (French), DAH-vit (German, Dutch), dah-VEET (Russian) , (DEYWahD), DAY vid,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information DAvid:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information DAvid:
- A biblical name borne by King David of Israel, who killed the giant Goliath with a slingshot before his rise to power. He was also a poet who gave power to the Israelites, establishing their security. David is a very popular Jewish name, and enjoys similar success across the English-speaking world. David Hasselhoff (Baywatch), David Beckham (footballer), David Schwimmer (Friends TV show), David Bowie (singer) and David Duchovny (actor) are some of the many famous bearers of this popular name.
- Swedish Meaning: The name David is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name David is: Beloved.
- American Meaning: The name David is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name David is: Beloved.
- Scottish Meaning: The name David is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name David is: Beloved or friend, adopted from the Hebrew. David was a common name of Scottish kings in the Middle Ages.
- Welsh Meaning: The name David is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name David is: Beloved or friend, from the Hebrew. Sixth century St David (or Dewi) was patron saint of Wales.
- Biblical Meaning: The name David is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name David is: Well-beloved, dear'.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name David is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name David is: Beloved or friend. The Old Testament David killed the giant Goliath in 10th Century BC, then succeeded Saul as King of Israel.
- Your little David will be in pretty good company: He’ll share the name with the defeater of Goliath and the great king of Israel. The name’s biblical prominence (after Moses and Abraham, it’s the third-most occurring name in the Bible) makes David and its variations a longtime popular choice all over the world. In the US, it’s ranked in the top 15 since the ’30s, and peaked in the ’50s at an average of two. Something fun for your little guy: Thanks to all the famous Davids (tons of rulers and saints have borne the name), there are no less than seven days honoring various Davids celebrated all over the world. Here’s to you!
- From the Hebrew name דָּוִד (Dawid), which was probably derived from Hebrew דוד (dwd) meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. According to the New Testament, Jesus was descended from him. This name has been used in Britain since the Middle Ages. It has been especially popular in Wales, where it is used in honour of the 5th-century patron saint of Wales (also called Dewi), as well as in Scotland, where it was borne by two kings. Famous bearers include empiricist philosopher David Hume (1711-1776), explorer David Livingstone (1813-1873) and soccer player David Beckham (1975-). This is also the name of the hero of Charles Dickens' semi-autobiographical novel 'David Copperfield' (1850).
Definition funny of DAvid:
- I am David. All other David's fall in march as we conquer the world. For a new Earth of peace void of general stupidity.
- dude he is such a david
- Person 1: You are really really cool, just like a David. Person 2: Thanks! That really cheers me up.
- "You are such a David for banging my mom and sister!" "Only David could have raped Goliath."
- David drives 60 miles down the highway. Tim drives 60 miles down the highway going in the opposite direction. They meet and high-five. To keep the universe balanced a hole is torn to the peanut butter dimension and there is an explosion of peanut buttery epicness.
- David you are amazing.
- He's a David
Expression information DAvid:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information DAvid:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about DAvid:
- David - Clare Cooper
- David - Joy Electric
- David Courtney - Rancid
- David Denies - 'Til Tuesday
- David Duchovny - Bree Sharp
- David Jay/Peter Murphy/Kevin Haskins/Daniel Ash - Bauhaus
- David Makalaster - The Les Claypool Frog Brigade
- David Wainwright's Feet - Half Man Half Biscuit
- David Watts - The Kinks, The Jam
- David's Last Summer - Pulp
Books about DAvid:
- No, David! - Sep 1, 1998 by David Shannon
- David Goes To School - Aug 1, 1999 by David Shannon
- David - May 16, 2012 by Charles Kingsley
- David Gets In Trouble - Sep 1, 2002 by David Shannon
- Oh, David! A Diaper David Book - Feb 1, 2005 by David Shannon
- Memory Man - Sep 15, 2015 by David Baldacci
- David: The Divided Heart (Jewish Lives) - Sep 16, 2014 by David Wolpe
- How's Your Faith?: An Unlikely Spiritual Journey - Sep 15, 2015 by David Gregory
- David Smells!: A Diaper David Book - Sep 1, 2005 by David Shannon
- The Road to Character - Apr 14, 2015 by David Brooks
Movies about DAvid:
- David Cross: The Pride is Back1999 NR CC
- Candyman: The David Klein Story2011 NR CC
- The Mystery of Agatha Christie with David Suchet2014 NR CC
- David Copperfield2006 NR CC
- David Searching1998 NR CC
- David Knight - Iron Man of Enduro2004 NR CC
- David and Goliath, Told by Mel Gibson with Music by Branford Marsalis2012 NR CC
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture NR CC
- David to the Rescue2007 G CC
- Mugshots: David Koresh - The Siege of Waco2013 NR CC
Famous about DAvid:
- David Beckham - English soccer player
- David Letterman - comedian
- David Bowie - musician
- David Schwimmer - actor
- David - King of Israel
Infamous about DAvid:
- David Paterson - NYC governor
- David Berkowitz - murderer also known as Son of Sam
- David - character in The Lost Boys
Wiki information DAvid:
- Monarch, Noble person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Influence Node, Religious Leader, Name source, Literature Subject, Person, Film subject, Art Subject
David was, according to the books of Samuel, the second king of the United Kingdom of Israel, and according to the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, an ancestor of Jesus. His life is conventionally dated to c. 1040–970 BCE, his reign over Judah c....
- David Bowie
- Hard rock Artist, Record Producer, Employer, Musical Artist, Person, Name source, Lyricist, Organization founder, Person Or Being In Fiction, Topic
David Bowie is an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, arranger, painter, and actor. Bowie has been an influential figure in popular music for over four decades, and is renowned as an innovator, particularly for his...
- David Cameron
- Award Nominee, Appointer, Person, Topic, Organization leader, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Blogger, Politician, Political Appointer
David William Donald Cameron is a British politician who has served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom since 2010, as Leader of the Conservative Party since 2005 and as the Member of Parliament for Witney since 2001. Cameron studied...
- Literature Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Art Subject
Goliath /ɡəˈlaɪəθ/ or Goliath of Gath was a giant Philistine warrior defeated by the young David, the future king of Israel, in the Bible's Books of Samuel. The original purpose of the story was to show David's identity as the true king of Israel....
- Late Show with David Letterman
- Chat show, Topic, Identity, Award-Winning Work, TV Program, Literature Subject, Award-Nominated Work
The Late Show is an American late-night television talk and variety show on CBS. It first aired in August 1993 with host David Letterman, who previously hosted Late Night with David Letterman on NBC from 1982 to 1993. Letterman's iteration of the...
- David Guetta
- Dance-pop Artist, Film music contributor, Film subject, Composer, Person, Award Winner, Record Producer, Identity, Musical Artist, Person or entity appearing in film
Pierre David Guetta is a French DJ and record producer. He co-founded Gum Productions and released his first album, Just a Little More Love, in 2002. Later, he released Guetta Blaster and Pop Life featuring 2 tracks with the UK's Tara...
- Star of David
- Literature Subject
The Star of David, known in Hebrew as the Shield of David or Magen David, is a generally recognized symbol of modern Jewish identity and Judaism. Its shape is that of a hexagram, the compound of two equilateral triangles. Unlike the menorah, the Lion...
- Italian Renaissance Artwork, Travel destination, Location, Artwork
David is a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture created between 1501 and 1504, by Michelangelo. It is a 4.34-metre, 5.17-metre with the base marble statue of a standing male nude. The statue represents the Biblical hero David, a favoured subject in...
- Camp David Accords
- Person, Event
The Camp David Accords were signed by Egyptian President Anwar El Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin on 17 September 1978, following twelve days of secret negotiations at Camp David. The two framework agreements were signed at the White...
- David Blaine
- Magician, TV Personality, TV Actor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Identity, Film cinematographer, Topic, Celebrity
David Blaine is an American magician, illusionist and endurance artist. He is best known for his high-profile feats of endurance, and has made his name as a performer of street and close-up magic. He has performed all over the world and has set and...