Meaning : God is my Judge, God is my judge, Daniel has the meaning of 'God is my judge'. Variation in spelling of the name Danielle, God Is My Judge,
Origin : Slovene, Danish, French, Georgian, Czech, Slovak, Spanish, Biblical, Biblical Greek, Armenian, Norwegian, English, Portuguese, Macedonian, Croatian, Polish, Romanian, German, Swedish, Hebrew,
Pronunciation : DAN yule, (DAHN-yahl), DAN-yəl (English), dah-nee-EL (Jewish), dan-YEL (French), DAH-nee-el (German), DAHN-yel (Polish) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Daniel:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Daniel:
- Biblical name borne by the prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel. He was an Israelite slave of the Assyrian king Nebuchandnezzar, who obtained great favour through his skill in interpreting dreams and the 'writing on the wall' at the feast held by Nebuchandnezzar's son Belshazzar. His enemies managed to get him cast into a lion' den, but he was saved by God. This was a favourite tale in the Middle Ages, often represented in miracle plays. The name has been popular since the 16th century and particularly since the 1980s. Famous bearers include Daniel Beddingfield (singer), Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter actor) and Daniel Bassett (musician).
- Biblical Meaning: The name Daniel is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Daniel is: Judgment of God; God my judge.
- American Meaning: The name Daniel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Daniel is: Judgment of God; God my judge.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Daniel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Daniel is: God is my Judge. The biblical prophet and writer of Book of Daniel was a teenager when taken to Babylon after the destruction of Jerusalem in 607 BC. He survived two death sentences: (a lions' den and a fiery furnace.); Frontiersman Daniel Boone.
- Irish Meaning: The name Daniel is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Daniel is: Attractive. A translation of the Gaelic name Domhnall.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Daniel is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Daniel is: Attractive. A translation of the Welsh name Deiniol.
- Biblical classic…popular for decades…used all around the world…tons of variations…strong, solid long form…casual nicknames…yeah, Daniel’s in that camp. There’s actually an entire Old Testament book named after the biblical Daniel, telling of his life in Jewish captivity in Babylon and rise in the king’s court as a dream interpreter. He’s also the Daniel who was thrown into a lions’ den because of his refusal to stop praying to God but emerged unscathed thanks to an angel, hence the name’s meaning of “God is my judge.” That made him a pretty popular guy, so the name was well used in England during the Middle Ages. After fading around the fifteenth century, the name was revived after the Protestant Reformation and has been in the top 50 since at least the 1880s and in or close to the top 10 since 1973. We’ll go out on a limb and predict that good ole’ Danny will stick around the top of the charts for the next 20 years or so.
- From the Hebrew name דָּנִיֵּאל (Daniyyel) meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world. Due to the popularity of the biblical character, the name came into use in England during the Middle Ages. Though it became rare by the 15th century, it was revived after the Protestant Reformation. Famous bearers of this name include English author Daniel Defoe (1660-1731), Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli (1700-1782), and American frontiersman Daniel Boone (1734-1820).
Definition funny of Daniel:
- Daniel. Nothing else can describe him.
- sexy amazing daniel
- i sure love daniel. your jealous bitch! daniels mine :) haha
- 'Is that Daniel?' 'Yeah, he' such a fox.' 'Oh yeah, he's also gorgeous, sexy, amazing, incredible and the best one.' 'Agreed.'
- Girl 1: see that guy walking over there? Girl 2: yeah...ooh he's hot...you know him...id like a piece of that? Girl 1: of course...that's Daniel, and he's all mine...don't even think about it. Hey baby! Girl 2:...(awkward moment)
- Daniel is perfect.
- he pulled a daniel on poor louise.
Expression information Daniel:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Daniel:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Daniel:
- Daniel - Elton John, Wilson Phillips
- Daniel in the Lion's Den - Rob Laurens
- Country Boy (feat. George Jones & Charlie Daniels) by Aaron Lewis from the Album Town Line
- Daniel by Elton John from the Album Elton John's Greatest Hits
- Jack Daniels by Eric Church from the Album Chief
- Daniel by Elton John from the Album The Greatest Hits 1970-2002 (Double US- CD)
- Daniel by Elton John from the Album Rocket Man - Number Ones
- Jack Daniels and Jesus by Chase Rice from the Album Ignite the Night
- Too Easy (feat. Moonshine Bandits & Daniel Lee) by Mud Digger from the Album Mud Digger 5
- Jack Daniel's, If You Please by David Allan Coe from the Album The Essential David Allan Coe
Books about Daniel:
- The English Spy - Jun 30, 2015 by Daniel Silva
- Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy - Jun 1, 2006 by Beth Moore
- Daniel: My French Cuisine - Oct 15, 2013 by Daniel Boulud and Sylvie Bigar
- Daniel: God's Control Over Rulers and Nations (MacArthur Bible Studies) - Nov 5, 2000 by John F. MacArthur
- Daniel (The John Walvoord Prophecy Commentaries) - Feb 1, 2012 by John F Walvoord and Charles H Dyer
- The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life - Dec 3, 2013 by Rick Warren and Dr. Daniel Amen
- Daniel: Spiritual Living in a Secular World (Lifeguide Bible Studies) - Aug 25, 2000 by Douglas Connelly
- Goodnight, Daniel Tiger (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) - Aug 26, 2014 by Angela C. Santomero and Gord Garwood
- Daniel Goes to the Potty (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) - Sep 23, 2014 by Maggie Testa and Jason Fruchter
- The Most High God: A Commentary on the Book of Daniel - Jan 1, 1982 by Renald Showers
Movies about Daniel:
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Season 12012 CC
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Volume Five2014 CC
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Season 22012 CC
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Season 4 [HD]2013 CC
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Season 32013 CC
- Daniel Boone, Trail Blazer1956 PG CC
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Volume 62015 CC
- Lee Daniels' The Butler2013 PG-13 CC
- Daniel Deronda (2002) Season 12002 CC
- Beethoven, Piano Concerto No. 5 'Emperor' - Daniel Barenboim, Staatskapelle Berlin (No dialog) [HD] G
Famous about Daniel:
- Daniel Radcliffe - actor
- Daniel Baldwin - actor
- Daniel Day-Lewis - actor
- Daniel Boone - American pioneer
- Daniel “Danny” DeVito - actor
Infamous about Daniel:
- Daniel Green - convicted murderer
Wiki information Daniel:
- Book of Daniel
- Book, Religious Text, Written Work
The Book of Daniel is an "account of the activities and visions of Daniel, a noble Jew exiled at Babylon." In the Hebrew Bible it is found in the Ketuvim, while in Christian Bibles it is grouped with the Major Prophets. The book divides into two...
- Prophet, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Person, Literature Subject, Art Subject
Daniel is the hero of the Book of Daniel. Taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, he serves the king and his successors until the time of the Persian conqueror Cyrus, all the while remaining true to the God of Israel. Most scholars see the...
- Daniel Dennett
- Philosopher, Award Nominee, TV Actor, TV program guest, Topic, Author, TV Personality, Identity, Film actor, Person
Daniel Clement Dennett III is an American philosopher, writer, and cognitive scientist whose research centers on the philosophy of mind, philosophy of science, and philosophy of biology, particularly as those fields related to evolutionary biology...
- Daniel Burnham
- Architect, Literature Subject, Author, Organization founder, Person, Name source, Identity, Deceased Person, Organization member
Daniel Hudson Burnham, FAIA was an American architect and urban designer. He was the Director of Works for the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Burnham took a leading role in the creation of master plans for the development of a number of...
- Daniel Boone
- Name source, Art Subject, Author, Deceased Person, Person, Military Person, Architect, Military Commander
Daniel Boone was an American pioneer, explorer, a woodsman, and a frontiersman, whose frontier exploits made him one of the first folk heroes of the United States. Boone is most famous for his exploration and settlement of what is now Kentucky, which...
- Daniel Defoe
- Novelist, Deceased Person, Identity, Influence Node, Literature Subject, Film story contributor, Topic, Person, Author
Daniel Defoe, born Daniel Foe, was an English trader, writer, journalist, pamphleteer, and spy, most famous for his novel Robinson Crusoe. Defoe is notable for being one of the earliest proponents of the novel, as he helped to popularise the form in...
- Daniel Radcliffe
- Actor, Public figure with medical condition, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Theater Actor, TV Actor, Influence Node
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe (born 23 July 1989) is an English actor who rose to prominence playing the title character in the Harry Potter film series. Radcliffe made his acting debut at age ten in BBC One's 1999 television movie David Copperfield,...
- Daniel Barenboim
- Classical Artist, Musician, Author, Conductor, Name source, Person, Musical Artist, Film director, Topic, Award Nominee
Daniel Barenboim is an Argentine pianist and conductor. Currently, he is general music director of La Scala in Milan, the Berlin State Opera, and the Staatskapelle Berlin; he previously served as Music Director of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and...
- Daniel Craig
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Celebrity, Identity, Award Nominee, Film producer
Daniel Wroughton Craig is an English actor who trained at the National Youth Theatre and graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1991, beginning his career on stage. His film debut was in the drama The Power of One. Other early...
- Daniel of Galicia
- Deceased Person, Noble person, Person, Name source
Daniel of Galicia was a King of Ruthenia, Prince of Galicia, Peremyshl, and Volodymyr. He was crowned by a papal archbishop in Dorohochyn 1253 as the first King of Rus'.