Meaning : Meaning 'Laural, in Greek mythology Daphne was a nymph that was turned into a laurel tree to escape the persistant advances of the god Apollo . Heartbroken Apollo created a commerative crown from the trees leaves., Laurel Tree,
Pronunciation : DAF-nee (English), DAHF-nə (Dutch) , (DAEFNiy), DAF nee,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Daphne:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Daphne:
- Daphne is a name of Greek origin which means ‘Laurel Tree’. In Greek mythology it was the name of a nymph who was pestered by Apollo for her attentions, and so asked the gods to help her; they then turned her into a Laurel Tree and Apollo gave up his hounding of her.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Daphne is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Daphne is: Victory.
- American Meaning: The name Daphne is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Daphne is: Victory.
- Greek Meaning: The name Daphne is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Daphne is: Bay tree, or laurel tree. The Greek mythological nymph Daphne was rescued from the unwanted attentions of the god Apollo by being turned into a laurel bush. Famous bearer: British author Daphne du Maurier.
- Means "laurel" in Greek. In Greek mythology she was a nymph turned into a laurel tree by her father in order that she might escape the pursuit of Apollo. It has been used as a given name in the English-speaking world since the end of the 19th century.
Definition funny of Daphne:
- "That Daphne girl is amazing!"
- Daphne is amazing . I wish I was like Daphne !
- Daphne wow you are cool
- 1. That girls sucha Daphne, shez so hot an has all those gus around her! 2. Shes pipular so shez a Daphne. 3. OW hat Daphne stripper gaf me i hell ofa lapdance/strip1
- Omgawd Daphne is my hero. I would slaughter over 9000 my cows to just sniff Daphne's hair.
- I'd walk to china for daphne. I'd do anything for daphne. I wish I had a taste of daphne again.
- Freedom of speech comes at a cost, the cost being daphne. Happy birthday Daphne.
Expression information Daphne:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Daphne:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Daphne:
- Daphne - John Paul Jones
- Daphne Descends - Smashing Pumpkins
- Vauxhall: VI. Oboe solo (Daphne) by The Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra from the Album Rangstrom: Symphony No. 4, "Invocatio" / Vauxhall
- Laurel Tree Goddess - Daphne by S.H.E from the Album Forever
- Daphne Descends by The Smashing Pumpkins from the Album Adore (Super Deluxe)
- Dear Daphne by Clara C from the Album The Art in My Heart
- Daphne by Telemann Society Orchestra from the Album English Country Dancing
- Daphne Descends (Matt Walker Reimagined/2014) by The Smashing Pumpkins from the Album Adore (Super Deluxe)
- Daphne by Lia Ices from the Album Grown Unknown
- Daphne by Eddi Reader, The Mahotella Queens, Revetti Sakalar from the Album 1 Giant Leap
Books about Daphne:
- Rebecca - Sep 5, 2006 by Daphne Du Maurier
- Daphne: A Plantation Story (The Plantation) - Dec 27, 2013 by Stella Samiotou Fitzsimons
- Daphne: A Novel - Aug 5, 2008 by Justine Picardie
- Daphne (Six Sisters Series) - Mar 1, 2012 by M. C. Beaton
- Throttle MC: A Stepbrother Romance - Aug 14, 2015 by Daphne Loveling
- Jamaica Inn - Sep 1, 2015 by Daphne Du Maurier
- Home, Hearth, and the Holidays (A Dear Daphne Novel) - Oct 15, 2015 by Melody Carlson
- My Cousin Rachel - Mar 1, 2009 by Daphne du Maurier
- Love, Life, and Elephants: An African Love Story - Jun 25, 2013 by Daphne Sheldrick
- The Story of Daphne the Duck - Apr 10, 2014 by Maxine E. Schreiber
Movies about Daphne:
- Deadly Daphne's Revenge1987 NR CC
- Daphne In The Brilliant Blue - B2 - Bonus Episode 22006 NR
- Daphne Dishes Season 22015 CC
- Daphne Dishes Season 12015 CC
- Frasier: Season 22004 Unrated
- Frasier: Season 61993 Unrated
- Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Vol. 7: Regenesis2006 Unrated
- Daphne2008 NR
- Heart of a Poet: Daphne Marlatt (Institutional Use)2013 NR
- Heart of a Poet: Daphne Marlatt2013 NR
Wiki information Daphne:
- Biological Genus, Organism Classification
Daphne is a genus of between 50 and 95 species of deciduous and evergreen shrubs in the family Thymelaeaceae, native to Asia, Europe and north Africa. They are noted for their scented flowers and poisonous berries.
- Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, Statistical region, City/Town/Village, HUD County Place
Daphne is a city in Baldwin County, Alabama, United States, on the eastern shoreline of Mobile Bay. The city is located along I-10, 11 miles east of Mobile and 170 miles southwest of the state capital of Montgomery. The 2010 United States Census...
- Art Subject, Name source, Deity, Person Or Being In Fiction
Daphne is a minor figure in Greek mythology known as a naiad—a type of female nymph associated with fountains, wells, springs, streams, brooks and other bodies of freshwater. There are several versions of the myth, but the general narrative is that...
- Daphne du Maurier
- Novelist, Film writer, Author, Topic, Film story contributor, Person, Chivalric Order Member, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Influence Node
Dame Daphne du Maurier, Lady Browning DBE was a British author and playwright. Many of her works have been adapted into films, including the novels Rebecca and Jamaica Inn, and the short stories The Birds and Don't Look Now. The first three film...
- Daphne Zuniga
- Actor, Celebrity, Film director, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Film actor, Theater Actor, Influence Node, Film producer, TV Personality
Daphne Eurydice Zuniga is an American actress known for her roles as Jo Reynolds on the Fox prime time soap opera Melrose Place, as Victoria Davis on The CW teen drama One Tree Hill, and as Princess Vespa in the Mel Brooks film Spaceballs.
- Dedicated Work, Opera, Composition
Daphne, Op. 82, is an opera in one act by Richard Strauss, subtitled "Bucolic Tragedy in One Act". The German libretto was by Joseph Gregor. The opera is based loosely on the mythological figure Daphne from Ovid's Metamorphoses and includes elements...
- Daphne mezereum
- Biological Species, Organism Classification
Daphne mezereum, commonly known as February daphne, mezereon, mezereum, spurge laurel or spurge olive, is a species of Daphne in the flowering plant family Thymelaeaceae, native to most of Europe and Western Asia, north to northern Scandinavia and...
- Daphne Guinness
- Actor, Film actor, Topic, Family member, Film producer, Person
Daphne Guinness is an actress and film producer.
- Daphne Blake
- Film character, Fictional Character, TV Character
Daphne Anne Blake is a fictional character in the long-running American animated series Scooby-Doo. Daphne, depicted as coming from a wealthy family, is noted for her red hair, lavender heels, fashion sense, and her knack for getting into danger,...
- Daphne Oz
- Presenter, Author, TV Personality, Person, Topic
Daphne Nur Oz is an author and television host. On April 14, 2011, ABC announced Oz would be one of five co-hosts on The Chew, a one-hour live talk show exploring food from all angles. The show premiered in September 2011.