Meaning : Rich spear, Owner of many spears, The name Edgar is derived from the Old English name 'Eadgar' meaning 'riches' and 'spear'. Edgar was the name of an English King and Saint Edgar the Peaceful (10th Century). Another who also bore the name was Edgar Allen Poe, a 19th Century American Author and Poet, best known for his tales of mystery and grisly macabre., Rich Spear,
Pronunciation : ED gar, ED-gər (English), ed-GAHR (French) , (ED-gar),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Edgar:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Edgar:
- The name Edgar is derived from the Old English name 'Eadgar', which itself is comprised of elements meaning 'riches' and 'spear'. The name was borne by English King and Saint Edgar the Peaceful, and is now relatively rare.
- English Meaning: The name Edgar is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Edgar is: Fortunate and powerful. From the Old English name Eadgar, a compound of 'ead' meaning rich or happy, and 'gar' meaning spear. Famous bearer: 10th-century king Edgar of England; American author Edgar Allen Poe.
- American Meaning: The name Edgar is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Edgar is: Fortunate and powerful. From the Old English name Eadgar, a compound of 'ead' meaning rich or happy, and 'gar' meaning spear. Famous bearer: 10th-century king Edgar of England; American author Edgar Allen Poe.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Edgar is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Edgar is: Lucky spearman.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Edgar is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Edgar is: Tragedy of King Lear' Edgar, son of Gloucester.
- Derived from the Old English elements ead "wealth, fortune" and gar "spear". This was the name of a 10th-century English king, Edgar the Peaceful. The name did not survive long after the Norman conquest, but it was revived in the 18th century, in part due to a character by this name in Sir Walter Scott's novel 'The Bride of Lammermoor' (1819). Famous bearers include author and poet Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849), French impressionist painter Edgar Degas (1834-1917), and author Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875-1950).
Definition funny of Edgar:
- Edgar helped me get over the guy who broke my heart, he's a really good friend.
- when my brother saw me talking to a hot guy he went totaly edgar on his a**.
- guy: "Dude, if your name was edgar and i was a chick, i would totally bounce on your cock!" guy 2: "I know!"
- Edgar is My boyfriend, a tin solider, prince in all your fairy tails, a hero, the love of my life
- if edgar was my freind or boyfreind he would be a keeper.
- bestfriend:who are you dating? you:this amazing guy named edgar (edgar walks up pick you up and kisses you)
- Edgar: "Hmmhhuu" Petinato: "NOOO..!" Then Edgar proceeds to hug Petinato. Edgar: "Hmmmhuu"
Expression information Edgar:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Edgar:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Edgar:
- Stephen King vs Edgar Allan Poe by Epic Rap Battles of History from the Album Stephen King vs Edgar Allan Poe
- Edgar Allan Poe - The Haunted Palace by Gideon Wagner from the Album The Poets of 19th Century America - Volume 1
- The Raven (Edgar Allen Poe) by Basil Rathbone from the Album Killer Halloween Songs of All Time
- Life We Live (feat. Namond Lumpkin & Edgar Fletcher) [Explicit] by Project Pat from the Album Mista Don't Play: Everythangs Workin' [Explicit]
- The Ballad of Edgar Valdez by Gravy Flavored Kisses from the Album The Mail - EP
- Porque Eres Dios (feat. Edgar René) by Gosén from the Album Sin Límites
- Edgar by Modeselektor from the Album Happy Birthday!
- Free Ride (Karaoke Version) [originally Performed By Edgar Winter] by Karaoke Diamonds from the Album Karaoke Playbacks, Vol. 51 (Sing the Songs of the Stars)
- Free Ride (String Quartet Tribute to Edgar Winter Group) by Vitamin String Quartet from the Album A Tribute to Dazed and Confused
- J. Edgar Swoop by Mason Williams from the Album J. Edgar Swoop
Books about Edgar:
- Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Tales and Poems - Nov 29, 2009 by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Terrifying Tales by Edgar Allan Poe: Tell Tale Heart; The Cask of the Amontillado; The Masque of the Red Death... - Dec 16, 2014 by Edgar Allan Poe
- Edgar Gets Ready for Bed: A BabyLit® Picture Book (Babylit First Steps) - Mar 1, 2014 by Jennifer Adams and Ron Stucki
- The Complete Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe (Knickerbocker Classics) - Feb 15, 2014 by Edgar Allan Poe
- Edgar Allan Poe's Complete Poetical Works - Mar 30, 2011 by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel (P.S.) - Sep 8, 2009 by David Wroblewski
- Edgar and the Tattle-Tale Heart: A BabyLit® Picture Book (BabyLit First Steps Books) - Sep 20, 2014 by Jennifer Adams and Ron Stucki
- Edgar Heap of Birds - Sep 25, 2015 by Bill Anthes
- Edgar Gets Ready for Bed: A BabyLit® Board Book (Babylit First Steps) - Aug 1, 2015 by Jennifer Adams and Ron Stucki
- The Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven Edition Table Of Contents And Index Of The Five Volumes - Mar 17, 2006 by Edgar Allan Poe
Movies about Edgar:
- J. Edgar2011 R CC
- UFOTV Presents: Mound Builders - Edgar Cayce's Forgotten Legacy2015 NR
- Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cats: Two Adaptations By Sergio Martino & Lucio Fulci2015 Unrated
- He Shared the Light - Edgar Cayce 1877-19122011 NR
- Private Files Of J Edgar Hoover2012 PG CC
- J. Edgar2012 R
- Edgar Allan Poe: A Journey in Verse2004 NR
- Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven2015 NR
- The Tomb of Ligeia / An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe1965 NR
- Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy Collection: Charlie's Haunt / Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy Show1950 NR
Wiki information Edgar:
- Edgar Award
- Namesake, Award
The Edgar Allan Poe Awards, named after Edgar Allan Poe, are presented every year by the Mystery Writers of America, based in New York City. They honor the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction, television, film, and theater published or produced in...
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Novelist, Literature Subject, Type/domain equivalent topic, Person, Author, Identity, Person Or Being In Fiction, Composer, Military Person, Musician
Edgar Allan Poe was an American author, poet, editor, and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement. Best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre, Poe was one of the earliest American practitioners of the short story,...
- J. Edgar Hoover
- Topic, Film actor, Award Winner, Chivalric Order Member, Name source, Person, Film subject, Topic, Deceased Person, Identity
John Edgar Hoover was the first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the United States, appointed director of the Bureau of Investigation—predecessor to the FBI—in 1924. He was instrumental in founding the FBI in 1935, where he remained...
- Edgar the Peaceful of England
- Deceased Person, Politician, Family member, Noble person, Person
Edgar I, known as Edgar the Peaceful or the Peaceable, was King of England from 959 to 975. He was the younger son of King Edmund I and his Queen, Ælfgifu of Shaftesbury.
- Edgar Degas
- Painting Artist, Deceased Person, Author, Film subject, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Name source, Influence Node, Topic, Exhibition subject
Edgar Degas was a French artist famous for his paintings, sculptures, prints, and drawings. He is especially identified with the subject of dance; more than half of his works depict dancers. He is regarded as one of the founders of Impressionism,...
- Edgar Bergen
- Radio personality, Award Nominee, Author, Person, Influence Node, Topic, Deceased Person, Award Winner, TV program guest, TV Actor
Edgar John Bergen was an American actor, comedian and radio performer, best known for his proficiency in ventriloquism and his characters Charlie McCarthy and Mortimer Snerd. He is also the father of actress Candice Bergen. He died on September 30,...
- Edgar Winter
- Blues-rock Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Social network user, Broadcast Artist, Musical Artist, Record Producer, Public figure with medical condition, TV Actor, Lyricist, Award Nominee
Edgar Holland Winter is an American rock and blues musician. He is known for being a multi-instrumentalist — keyboardist, guitarist, saxophonist and percussionist — as well as a singer. His success peaked in the 1970s with his band, The Edgar Winter...
- Edgar Wallace
- Novelist, Film story contributor, Deceased Person, Person, Author, Film writer, Musical Artist, Musician, Name source
Richard Horatio Edgar Wallace was an English writer. Born into poverty as an illegitimate London child, Wallace left school at 12. He joined the army at 21 and was a war correspondent during the Second Boer War for Reuters and the Daily Mail....
- Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Novelist, Fictional Character Creator, Person, Influence Node, Fictional universe creator, Award Nominee, Film producer, Identity, Film writer, Author
Edgar Rice Burroughs was an American writer best known for his creations of the jungle hero Tarzan and the heroic Mars adventurer John Carter, although he produced works in many genres.
- Edgar the Ætheling
- Noble person, Deceased Person, Family member, Person
Edgar Ætheling or Edgar II was the last male member of the royal house of Cerdic of Wessex. He was proclaimed, but never crowned, King of England in 1066.