Meaning : Beautiful Silence, Diminutive form of Euphemia, A pet form of Euphemia which is of Old Greek origin meaning 'well spoken, well regarded'. May also have the variant spelling of Effy., Diminutive Form Of Euphemia,
Pronunciation : EH fee, (EF-ee),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Effie:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Effie:
- Effie is a pet form of the name Euphemia, but is also now used as a name in its own right. Euphemia is a feminine name of Greek origin and it is said to mean ‘Beautiful Silence’, it would therefore be the perfect name for a baby who doesn’t cry when born. This name is especially popular in Scotland.
- English Meaning: The name Effie is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Effie is: Abbreviation of Greek name Euphemia meaning well spoken.
- American Meaning: The name Effie is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Effie is: Abbreviation of Greek name Euphemia meaning well spoken.
- Greek Meaning: The name Effie is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Effie is: Fair flame. Abbreviation of Greek name Euphemia meaning well spoken.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Effie is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Effie is: A popular Scottish name taken from the Greek, meaning auspicious speech or good repute.
Definition funny of Effie:
- Oh wow, those boots are so effie!
- Person 1: Wow! I love those shoes! They match with my clothes. Person 2: Yeah, that is so effie.
- Person: Is there anyone more perfect than Oprah? Other person: Yeah, that girl Effie
- Look at what she's wearing! what an effie! AWW he got effied
- Jojo, Katharine Mcphee, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera all sound like black chicks, get my drift? So does Effie.
- Effie is like Oprah.
- "Hey Effie!"
Expression information Effie:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Effie:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Effie:
- Come On (Effie Version) by Vanaprasta from the Album Effie House Sessions
- Supernumerary (Effie Version) by Vanaprasta from the Album Effie House Sessions
- The Accidental Death of Effie by Break of Reality from the Album Spectrum of the Sky
- Effie Sue Sounds Off On Trayvon [Explicit] by Effie Sue Washington from the Album Effie Sue Sounds Off On Trayvon - Single [Explicit]
- Effie, Sing My Song by Performed by Jennifer Hudson,;Keith Robinson;Dreamgirls (Motion Picture Soundtrack) from the Album Dreamgirls (Soundtrack)
- Effie, Sing My Song [Clean] by Performed by Jennifer Hudson,;Keith Robinson;Dreamgirls (Motion Picture Soundtrack) from the Album Dreamgirls Music from the Motion Picture - Deluxe Edition
- Effie White's Gonna Win by Jennifer Hudson from the Album Dreamgirls Music from the Motion Picture - Deluxe Edition
- Color Of Sin (Effie Version) by Vanaprasta from the Album Effie House Sessions
- Nine Equals Nine (Effie Version) by Vanaprasta from the Album Effie House Sessions
- Effie's On The Other Side by Hallelujah The Hills from the Album Collective Psychosis Begone
Books about Effie:
- Effie: The Passionate Lives of Effie Gray, John Ruskin and John Everett Millais - Jun 21, 2011 by Suzanne Fagence Cooper
- Effie - Feb 1991 by Beverley Allinson and Barbara Reid
- Effie (The Marriage Market Book 3) - Sep 9, 2015 by Stevie MacFarlane and Blushing Books
- Effie's Outlaw - Oct 22, 2013 by Karen Lopp
- Effie Leland Wilder Omnibus: Three Volumes in One: Out to Pasture; Over What Hill?; Older But Wilder - Apr 2, 2002 by Effie Leland Wilder
- The Playlist of My Life - May 12, 2015 by Effie Dominguez
- Older but Wilder: More Notes from the Pasture - Sep 1998 by Effie Leland Wilder and Laurie Allen Klein
- One More Time... Just for the Fun of It! - Oct 1999 by Effie Leland Wilder and Laurie Allen Klein
- Out to Pasture: But Not Over the Hill - Apr 1, 2002 by Effie Leland Wilder and Laurie Allen Klein
- Over What Hill?: (Notes from the Pasture) - Oct 1, 1996 by Effie Leland Wilder and Laurie Allen Klein
Movies about Effie:
- Effie Gray2014 Unrated
- Amos 'N Andy Vol. 10 Cousin Effie's Will / Superfine Brush1987 by Alvin Childress and Spencer Williams Jr.
- Effie Gray (DVD) Region 3 ** Import ** / Dakota Fanning, Emma Thompson, Robbie Coltrane PG-13
- 1995 Effie Video Library2000
Wiki information Effie:
- Effie Award
The Effie Awards are marketing communications awards given yearly by Effie Worldwide, Inc., a nonprofit organization, to honor the most effective marketing communications ideas. Effie Worldwide's mission is to encourage effectiveness among the...
- Location, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, HUD County Place, Statistical region, City/Town/Village
Effie is a city in Itasca County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 123 at the 2010 census. Minnesota State Highways 1 and 38 are two of the main routes in the community.
- Effie Gray
- Person, Deceased Person
Euphemia Chalmers Millais, Lady Millais née Gray, known as Effie Gray, Effie Ruskin or Effie Millais was the wife of the critic John Ruskin, but left her husband without the marriage being consummated, and after the annulment of the marriage, married...
- Effie Gray
- Topic, Film
Effie Gray is a 2014 British biographical drama film directed by Richard Laxton. Its subject is the love triangle involving Victorian art critic John Ruskin his wife Euphemia "Effie" Gray and Pre-Raphaelite artist John Everett Millais. Emma Thompson...
- Fictional Character
"Effie" is an outrageous comedic character played by Australian actress Mary Coustas. Coustas depicts a stereotypical second-generation Greek Australian. The character originated in the comedy program Acropolis Now, which ran from 1989 to 1992. Since...
- Effie Trinket
- Fictional Character, Book Character, Film character
Effie Trinket is a fictional character from the book and 2012 film Hunger Games.
- Effie M. Morrissey
- Location, Listed Site, Ship
Effie M. Morrissey was a schooner skippered by Robert Bartlett that made many scientific expeditions to the Arctic, sponsored by American museums, the Explorers Club and the National Geographic Society. She also helped survey the Arctic for the...
- Effie, Louisiana
- Dated location, Statistical region, City/Town/Village, Location
Effie is an unincorporated community in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana, United States. Its ZIP code is 71331.
- Effie Bancroft
- Novelist, Author, Influence Node, Person, Deceased Person
Marie Effie Wilton, Lady Bancroft was an English actress and theatre manager. She appeared onstage as Marie Wilton until after her marriage in December 1867 to Squire Bancroft, when she usually appeared under the name Lady Bancroft. Bancroft and her...
- Effie Brown
- TV producer, Film producer, Person, Topic, Award Winner, Award Nominee
Effie Brown is a film and television producer.