Meaning : Of Hebrew origin and a short form of the name Elizabeth, which itself means 'God is perfection' or 'God is my oath'., Promised of God, Short form of Elizabeth, Short Form Of Elizabeth,
Pronunciation : (e-LIY-zah), i-LIE-zə (English), e-LEE-zah (Polish) , ey LYE zah,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Eliza:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Eliza:
- Eliza was originally a pet form of the feminine name Elizabeth but is now used as a first name in its own right. Elizabeth is of Hebrew origin and is said to mean ‘promised of God’. Its popularity in England peaking during and after the reign of Queen Elizabeth the 1st. It has been a common name in England since, along with Eliza and its many other shortened forms. The form Eliza may have been popularised by its use in the film ‘My Fair Lady’ where Audrey Hepburn played the part of character Eliza Doolittle.
- Greek Meaning: The name Eliza is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Eliza is: From the Hebrew Elisheba, meaning either oath of God, or God is satisfaction. Famous bearer: Old Testament Elizabeth was mother of John the Baptist and one of the earliest known bearers of this name; Queen Elizabeth II.
- American Meaning: The name Eliza is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Eliza is: From the Hebrew Elisheba, meaning either oath of God, or God is satisfaction. Famous bearer: Old Testament Elizabeth was mother of John the Baptist and one of the earliest known bearers of this name; Queen Elizabeth II.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Eliza is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Eliza is: or Elizabeth, from Elisheba, meaning either oath of God, or God is satisfaction. Also a diminutive of Bethia (daughter or worshipper of God), and of Bethany, a New Testament village near Jerusalem.
- French Meaning: The name Eliza is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Eliza is: consecrated to God.
- English Meaning: The name Eliza is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Eliza is: My God is bountiful. God of plenty. A frequently used as an independent name. Famous bearer: Eliza Doolittle, the Cockney heroine of George Bernard Shaw's play 'Pygmalion', from which the musical 'My Fair Lady' was derived.
- Short form of ELIZABETH. It was borne by the character Eliza Doolittle in George Bernard Shaw's play 'Pygmalion' (1913) and the subsequent musical adaptation 'My Fair Lady' (1956).
Definition funny of Eliza:
- Did you see Eliza at the party? I just wanted to kiss her.
- eliza good samaratin
- eliza is to never die
- "that party was full of elizas"
- WOW, is that Eliza? She is beautiful
- Wow. That's Eliza.
- eliza will love you best
Expression information Eliza:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Eliza:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Eliza:
- You & Me (Flume Remix) [feat. Eliza Doolittle] by Disclosure from the Album Settle (The Remixes)
- Eliza Lee by The Dreadnoughts from the Album Victory Square
- You & Me [feat. Eliza Doolittle] by Disclosure from the Album Settle
- Eliza Lee by Salt Sea Pirates from the Album Grog N' Gunpowder
- You & Me [feat. Eliza Doolittle] by Disclosure from the Album Settle (Deluxe Edition)
- Eliza by Jimmy Thackery / John Mooney from the Album Sideways In Paradise
- You & Me (Baauer Remix) [feat. Eliza Doolittle] by Disclosure from the Album Settle (The Remixes)
- Broken Hearted Melody (feat. Eliza) by Sugarbees from the Album Sugarbees & Friends
- Heart of a Man With Eliza Gilkyson by Nina Gerber from the Album Nina Gerber Live-- Good Music With Good People
- You & Me [feat. Eliza Doolittle] by Disclosure from the Album Settle
Books about Eliza:
- Eliza's Kindergarten Surprise - Jul 23, 2013 by Alice B. McGinty and Nancy Speir
- Eliza and the Dragonfly - Mar 1, 2004 by Susie Caldwell Rinehart and Anisa Claire Hovemann
- Eliza - Mar 1, 2012 by Christie Jones Ray
- Celtic Hearts: Sweet to Sizzling Romance - Sep 14, 2015 by Tanya Anne Crosby and Suzan Tisdale
- All A Mistress Wants (The Infamous Forresters Book 1) - Aug 17, 2015 by Eliza Lloyd
- Dirty Sexy Furry: Lucas: Paranormal Shapeshifter Romance (Southern Shifters Book 1) - Jun 24, 2014 by Eliza Gayle
- The Highlander's Charm: a Stolen Brides novella (The Stolen Bride Series Book 9) - Aug 7, 2015 by Eliza Knight
- Wanted: Devils Point Wolves #3 (Mating Season Collection) - Jul 31, 2015 by Eliza Gayle and Mating Season Collection
- Wild: Devils Point Wolves #1 (Mating Season Collection) - Jun 19, 2015 by Eliza Gayle and Mating Season Collection
- Wicked: Devils Point Wolves #2 (Mating Season Collection) - Jul 9, 2015 by Eliza Gayle and Mating Season Collection
Movies about Eliza:
- First Features Collection - 10 Movie Set: Home Town Story, Whistle Stop, Reaching For The Moon, The Seniors, Eliza's...2015 R
- Eliza Gilkyson: Live from Austin, Texas2007 NR
- Eliza's Horoscope1976 NR
- Eliza's Horoscope / Reel Horror2002 R
- Eliza's Horoscope2007 NR
- The Adventures of Eliza Fraser1985 NR by Susannah York and Trevor Howard
- Eliza's Horoscope2007
- Eliza's Horoscope: 16x9 Version Widescreen TV2008
- El Horoscopo de Eliza1975
- Fourth Witness: The Mary Whitmer Story / Eliza and I / Woman, the Pioneer
Wiki information Eliza:
- Artificial intelligence Software, Software
ELIZA is a computer program and an early example of primitive natural language processing. ELIZA operated by processing users' responses to scripts, the most famous of which was DOCTOR, a simulation of a Rogerian psychotherapist. Using almost no...
- Eliza Dushku
- Actor, Identity, Film actor, TV Personality, Social network user, Video Game Actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Person, Influence Node
Eliza Patricia Dushku is an American actress known for her television roles, including starring as Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spinoff series Angel. She starred in two Fox series, Tru Calling and Dollhouse. She is also known for her...
- Eliza Taylor
- Actor, Film actor, Person, Influence Node, Topic, TV Actor
Eliza Jane Taylor-Cotter is an Australian actress, best known for her role as Janae Timmins in the Australian soap opera Neighbours and the lead role of Clarke Griffin in The CW series The 100.
- Eliza Doolittle
- Pop Artist, Person, Musical Artist, Composer, Featured artist, Topic, Musician, TV Actor, , Lyricist
Eliza Sophie Caird, better known by her stage name Eliza Doolittle, is an English singer, songwriter and activist who signed with the Parlophone record label in October 2008. Her debut eponymous album was released on 12 July 2010, where it debuted at...
- Mount Eliza
- Location, Statistical region, Australian Suburb, Dated location
Mount Eliza is an outer suburb south-east of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is in the local government area of the Shire of Mornington Peninsula.
- Eliza Coupe
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Person, Topic
Eliza Coupe is an American comedic actress, most widely known for starring as Jane Kerkovich-Williams in the ABC comedy series Happy Endings and as Denise "Jo" Mahoney in the final two seasons of the medical comedy-drama Scrubs. In 2014, she starred...
- Eliza Bennett
- Actor, TV Actor, Theater Actor, Topic, Person, Influence Node, Film actor
Eliza Hope Bennett is an English actress and singer. Her most notable roles have been those of Meggie Folchart in the film Inkheart, Tora in the film Nanny McPhee, Susan in From Time to Time and playing Holly Manson in the West End musical...
- Eliza Carthy
- Singer, Film actor, Musician, Social network user, Topic, Identity, TV Actor, Person, Featured artist, Musical Artist
Eliza Carthy MBE is an English folk musician known for both singing and playing fiddle. She is the daughter of English folk musicians singer/guitarist Martin Carthy and singer Norma Waterson.
- Eliza Doolittle
- Theater Character, Fictional Character, Name source, Film character
Eliza Doolittle is a fictional character who appears in the play Pygmalion and the musical version of that play My Fair Lady. Eliza is a Cockney flower girl, who comes to Professor Henry Higgins asking for elocution lessons, after a chance encounter...
- Adapted Work, Book, Written Work, Play
Pygmalion is a play by George Bernard Shaw, named after a Greek mythological character. It was first presented on stage to the public in 1913. Professor of phonetics Henry Higgins makes a bet that he can train a bedraggled Cockney flower girl, Eliza...