Meaning : Enthusiastic, To Strive Or Excel Or Rival, Of Latin origin and derived from the Latin 'Aemilius', this being an old Roman surname which itself is derived from 'aemulus' meaning 'rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating'., To Strive or Excel or Rival,
Pronunciation : (eh-MEEL), AY mul, E-meel (German, Polish), e-MEEL (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Emil:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Emil:
- Emil is said to be of Latin origin and is derived from the Roman surname Aemilius. It is said to mean ‘Enthusiastic’. Emile is the French version of the name and perhaps the version most found in English speaking countries. It can be found in popular culture as the name of American actor Emile Hirsch and English footballer Emile Heskey. It is also the name of French sociologist Emile Durkheim.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Emil is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Emil is: Lively.
- American Meaning: The name Emil is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Emil is: Lively.
- French Meaning: The name Emil is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Emil is: Eager.
- English Meaning: The name Emil is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Emil is: Derived from Roman clan name which may mean industrious.
- German Meaning: The name Emil is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Emil is: From the Roman family name Aemilius, meaning industrious.
- Latin Meaning: The name Emil is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Emil is: Excellent. Masculine equivalent of Emily, from the name Aemilia, the feminine form of the Roman family name Aemilius. Also a.
- From the Roman family name Aemilius, which was derived from Latin aemulus meaning "rival".
Definition funny of Emil:
- Look at that confident man with a limp. Definitely an Emil
- "Poketh me not with thee emil, Ishmail!"
- Susan: Look at that man with the limp. Bailee: So confident. Susan: Yep hes an emil
- Those chocolate drenched, deep fried, marshmallow covered, tacos were freaking emil. That was seriously emil ttm. When that guy crushed that golf ball just by holding it, EMIL...
- I really like that guy - He must be an Emil
- I did an Emil last night and woke up this morning with an empty bank account and a vague recollection of learning rudimentary Russian.
- girl: heyyy where are you from? boy: Emil. girl: yummm let me suckk yourr dickkk! I love East Milton boyss!
Expression information Emil:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Emil:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Emil:
- Higher (feat. Emil Heró) [Oliver Nelson & Skogsrå Remix] by Tobtok from the Album Higher (feat. Emil Hero) [Remixes] EP
- Wanna Do (feat. Emil) by Joe Weller from the Album Wanna Do (feat. Emil)
- Emil von Reznicek: Donna Diana by Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra from the Album William Tell & Other Favorite Overtures
- Run on Love (Emil Héro Remix) by Lucas Nord from the Album Run on Love
- Higher (Feat. Emil Heró) [Jack Lndn Remix] by Tobtok from the Album Higher (feat. Emil Hero) [Remixes] EP
- II. Emil Teaches Sonja Henie How To Skate by Gloria Cheng from the Album Montage: Great film composers and the piano [+digital booklet]
- Walkin' On The Moon Feat. Emil (Henrik B Remix) by Kris Menace from the Album Walkin' On The Moon Feat. Emil
- Walkin' On The Moon Feat. Emil (Respect To U-Tern Extended Mix) by Kris Menace from the Album Walkin' On The Moon Feat. Emil
- Walkin' On The Moon Feat. Emil (US Radio Edit) by Kris Menace from the Album Walkin' On The Moon Feat. Emil
- Indian Express (feat. Stanley Clarke & Emil Richards) by L. Subramaniam from the Album Indian Express
Books about Emil:
- Emil and the Great Escape - Feb 7, 2008 by Astrid Lindgren and Tony Ross
- Emil's Clever Pig - Feb 7, 2008 by Astrid Lindgren and Tony Ross
- Emil and the Sneaky Rat - Jul 3, 2008 by Astrid Lindgren and Tony Ross
- Emil Nolde: Retrospective - May 8, 2014 by Felix Kramer and Max Hollein
- Program Evaluation: Methods and Case Studies - Jul 4, 2010 by Emil Posavac
- Emil Nolde: My Garden Full of Flowers - Feb 24, 2015 by Manfred Reuther and Emil Nolde
- Emil's Pranks (Emil in Lonneberga, #2) - 2001 by Astrid Lindgren and Björn Berg
- Emil Nolde: Landscapes - Mar 24, 2015 by Christian Ring and Emil Nolde
- Natural Theology: Comprising Nature and Grace by Professor Dr. Emil Brunner and the reply No! by Dr. Karl Barth - Dec 10, 2002 by Emil Brunner and Peter Fraenkel
- The One & Only: A Novel - Mar 24, 2015 by Emily Giffin
Movies about Emil:
- Emil And The Detectives1964 PG CC
- Emil and the Detectives1964
- Emil Gilels Live in Moscow, Vol. 21983 NR
- The Art of Emil Gilels1969 NR
- Emil Gilels Recital2007 NR
- Emil Gilels Live in Moscow, Vol 42008 NR
- Emil Gilels Live in Moscow, Vol 31983 NR
- Emil Gilels: Live in Moscow, Vol. 1 - Brahms/Schumann/Mendelssohn2008 NR
- The Artwork of Emil Sina: Exhibit 22014
- The Artwork of Emil Sina: Exhibit 12009
Wiki information Emil:
- Emil Blonsky
- Ranked item, Film character, Fictional Character
Emil Blonsky is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Incredible Hulk.
- Emil Cioran
- Philosopher, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Topic, Author, Person, Award Winner
Emil Michel Cioran was a Romanian philosopher and essayist, who published works in both Romanian and French. Cioran was born in Rășinari, Sibiu County, which was part of Austria-Hungary at the time. His first French book, A Short History of Decay,...
- Emil Zátopek
- Deceased Person, Person, Athlete, Olympic athlete, Measured person
Emil Zátopek was a Czechoslovak long-distance runner best known for winning three gold medals at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki. He won gold in the 5000 metres and 10,000 metres runs, but his final medal came when he decided at the last minute...
- Hermann Emil Fischer
- Chemist, Author, Academic, Influence Node, Person, Deceased Person, Award Winner, Name source
Hermann Emil Louis Fischer was a German chemist and 1902 recipient of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. He also discovered the Fischer esterification. He developed the Fischer projection, a symbolic way of drawing asymmetric carbon atoms. He never used...
- Emil Gilels
- Classical Artist, Musician, Topic, Musical Artist, Deceased Person, Person, Award Winner, Film actor
Emil Grigoryevich Gilels was a Soviet pianist, widely regarded one of the greatest pianists of the 20th century.
- Emil Nolde
- Painting Artist, Visual Artist, Person, Author, Influence Node, Exhibition subject, Name source, Deceased Person
Emil Nolde was a German Danish painter and printmaker. He was one of the first Expressionists, a member of Die Brücke, and is considered to be one of the great oil painting and watercolor painters of the 20th century. He is known for his vigorous...
- Emil Boc
- Influence Node, Politician, Person
Emil Boc is a Romanian politician who was Prime Minister of Romania from 22 December 2008 until 6 February 2012 and is the current Mayor of Cluj-Napoca, the largest city of Transylvania, where he was first elected in June 2004. Boc was also the...
- Emil Kraepelin
- Psychiatrist, Deceased Person, Author, Person
Emil Kraepelin was a German psychiatrist. H. J. Eysenck's Encyclopedia of Psychology identifies him as the founder of modern scientific psychiatry, as well as of psychopharmacology and psychiatric genetics. Kraepelin believed the chief origin of...
- Emil Jannings
- Actor, Film actor, Deceased Person, TV Actor, Film director, Influence Node, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Award Nominee, Award Winner
Emil Jannings was a Swiss-born German/Austrian actor. He was the first Oscar recipient and the only German actor ever honored with the Academy Award for Best Actor, at the 1929 ceremony. Best known for his collaborations with F. W. Murnau and Josef...
- Emil Hegle Svendsen
- Biathlete, Person, Olympic athlete, Athlete, Measured person
Emil Hegle Svendsen is a Norwegian biathlete. He won two gold medals and one silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. He has won five individual gold medals and six relay gold medals at World Championships. He skis with Trondhjems...