Meaning : Firm; long lived, Firm, Strong, Of Hebrew origin and derived from the Hebrew word 'eitan' meaning 'eternal', 'long-lived' and 'enduring'. May also have the variant spellings of Ethen and Etham.,
Pronunciation : EE-thən (English) , EE than, (EE-then),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ethan:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Ethan:
- Ethan is a name with Hebrew origins. The meaning of Ethan is firm/strong. Alternate spellings include Ethen, Ethyn, Eitan, and Eytan. Common nicknames include Eeth, Eethie and Eytie/Eddie. Ethan is an extremely popular name in the United States as well as abroad, especially Australia and Israel. It has consistently been in the top 10 names in the United States, ranking #6 in 2013 per the Social Security Administration. Among WikiName.net user lists, Ethan is #4 on WikiName.net’s most popular names of 2014. Famous Ethans include actor Ethan Hawke and director Ethan Coen. However Ethan tends to be a common name among politicians and businessmen, including Ethan Berkowitz and Ethan Allen Brown. Interestingly, there are a few Ethan Allens, including Ethan Allen the armsmaker, Ethan Allen the baseball player, and Ethan Allen the general during the revolutionary war. Fictional Ethans include Ethan Frome (the title character of Edith Wharton’s novel) and Ethan Nakamura from Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Cinematic Ethans include Ethan Hunt from Mission Impossible, Ethan Wright from The Office, and Ethan Chandler from Penny Dreadful. WikiName.net users who like the name Ethan also like names that are trendy and Biblical.
- Biblical name of an obscure figure, Ethan the Ezrahite, noted as a wise man surpassed in wisdom by Solomon. Sparingly used among Puritans, the name rose to popularity in the US in the 18th century following the fame of Ethan Allen, leader of a Vermont patriot group that fought in the American Revolution. The name is borne by hero Ethan Hunt from the Mission Impossible series.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Ethan is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Ethan is: Strong, the gift of the island'.
- American Meaning: The name Ethan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ethan is: Strong, the gift of the island'.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Ethan is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ethan is: Strong. Constancy. Famous bearer: Ethan Allen, soldier in the American War of IndependenceStrong.
- While Ethan certainly counts as (and somehow just sounds like) a biblical name, he played only a small and slightly uncertain role in the testament itself. He was a famously wise man who King Solomon managed to top in smarts and may have also been a cymbal player in King David’s court. A more well-known namesake is Ethan Allen, the revolutionary war hero. (Yes -- and the guy who sells furniture.) Despite its history though, the name wasn’t even on the charts until the early 1900s…but even then, it wasn’t all that popular. It took a huge jump from the ’80s (average rank of 229) to the ’90s (55) -- maybe due to Tom Cruise’s lead character Ethan Hunt in the Mission: Impossible series, the first of which came out in ’96. Since then, it’s continued to rocket up the charts to its current peak in the top five. Look for it to continue to rise -- it’s fashionable without losing its classic and sophisticated feel and has the strong yet sensitive vibe that makes a great guy’s name.
- Means "solid, enduring" in Hebrew. This is the name of a wise man in the Old Testament. After the Protestant Reformation it was occasionally used as a given name in the English-speaking world, and it became somewhat common in America due to the fame of the revolutionary Ethan Allen (1738-1789). It only became popular towards the end of the 20th century. This was the name of the main character in Edith Wharton's novel 'Ethan Frome' (1911).
Definition funny of Ethan:
- Of course the girls like him, his name is Ethan after all.
- Ethan is such a hunk, he's' so massive.
- Mary: Wow that guy seems amazing. What's his name? Lilly: Ethan Mary: Oh, figures.
- I love you Ethan.
- Ethan is the coolest person you will ever meet.
- caught myself gazing at Ethan again...
- 1. dude what happened to you? Im pulling an Ethan 2. whoa, look at that ethan 3. hes the coolest man on earth 4. i wish i was an ethan
Expression information Ethan:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Ethan:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Ethan:
- Trouble (feat. Ethan Carter Iii) by Impact Wrestling from the Album Deliver
- Let It Go [feat. Ethan Tucker] by Michael Franti & Spearhead from the Album All People (Deluxe)
- Imagine Ethan as a Train Engineer by Personalized Kid Music from the Album Imagine Me - Personalized Music for Kids: Ethan
- Greater Things (Live) [feat. Ethan Kent] by Calvary Worship from the Album Limitless Live
- Ethan's Song by Ronnie Earl And The Broadcasters from the Album Spread The Love
- James Bond Theme (Arr. by Bill Galliford, Ethan Neuburg, Tod Edmondson) by Simon Jones, Rebecca Selley from the Album Violin Exam Pieces 2016 - 2019, Abrsm Grade 3
- The Relaxation of Ethan Pineapple (Pt. 1) by Ephemeral Rift from the Album The Relaxation of Ethan Pineapple
- The Relaxation of Ethan Pineapple (Pt. 2) by Ephemeral Rift from the Album The Relaxation of Ethan Pineapple
- Rather Feel Nothing (feat. Ethan Thompson) by Fareoh from the Album Rather Feel Nothing
- Ethan Spellbound by Jerry Goldsmith from the Album Supergirl
Books about Ethan:
- Ethan And The Magic Fish - Feb 2, 2014 by Otto Scamfer
- ETHAN (Kensington Cove: Call of the Night Book 1) - Jul 20, 2015 by April A. Luna and Kensington Cove Series
- Ethan Frome - Feb 13, 2015 by Edith Wharton
- Ethan: Prequel Novella (Brightest Kind of Darkness) - Jan 12, 2013 by P.T. Michelle and Patrice Michelle
- Ethan's Mate (The Vampire Coalition Book 1) - Apr 2, 2014 by J. S. Scott
- Ethan: Lord of Scandals (The Lonely Lords) - Sep 1, 2013 by Grace Burrowes
- Stepbrother Romance - Stepbrother's Secret Baby: Forbidden Pregnant Romance Book 1 - Mar 26, 2015 by Ethan Cox
- Ethan Out and About: Brand New Readers - Oct 1, 2002 by Johanna Hurwitz and Brian Floca
- Ethan: A Kelly Family Novella (Kelly Family Series Book 1) - Apr 29, 2014 by Lashell Collins
- Ethan Frome (Dover Thrift Editions) - Jan 1, 1991 by Edith Wharton
Movies about Ethan:
- Ethan Frome1993 PG CC
- The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green2009 R
- Ethan Frome1993 PG
- Live in Concert "by me" Ethan Bortnick2007
- The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green2005 R
- Live in Concert "by me" Ethan Bortnick2007 NR
- The Addiction of Ethan Lonemyer2008 NR
- Ethan Mao2004 Unrated
- Deception / Ethan Frome2012 PG-13
- My Name Is Earl - Season 2 (2008) Jason Lee; Ethan Suplee Unrated
Famous about Ethan:
- Ethan Hawke - actor
- Ethan Zohn - reality star
- Ethan Embry - actor
- Ethan Coen - director
- Ethan Frome - title character in Edith Wharton’s Ethan Frome
Wiki information Ethan:
- Coen brothers
- Influence Node, Identity, Group, Award Nominee, Film editor
Joel David Coen and Ethan Jesse Coen, known informally as the Coen brothers, are American film directors, screenwriters, producers, and editors. Their films include Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, Fargo, The Big...
- Ethan Allen
- Person, Topic, Deceased Person, Organization founder, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Military Person, Name source, Military Commander, Author
Ethan Allen was a farmer; businessman; land speculator; philosopher; writer; and American Revolutionary War patriot, hero, and politician. He is best known as one of the founders of the U.S. state of Vermont, and for the capture of Fort Ticonderoga...
- Ethan Hawke
- Actor, TV program guest, Topic, Person Or Being In Fiction, Featured artist, Influence Node, Theater Director, Film writer, Award Nominee, Film director
Ethan Green Hawke is an American actor, writer and director. He has been nominated for four Academy Awards, both as an actor and a writer, and a Tony Award. Hawke has directed two feature films, three Off-Broadway plays, and a documentary, and wrote...
- , Chemical Compound, Rocket engine fuel, Drug, Drug ingredient, Nutrient, Rocket Fuel
Ethanol /ˈɛθənɒl/, also commonly called ethyl alcohol, drinking alcohol, or simply alcohol is the principal type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, produced by the fermentation of sugars by yeasts. It is a neurotoxic psychoactive drug and one...
- Ethan Allen
- Home Furnishings Business, Issuer, Employer, Organization, Business Operation
Ethan Allen Global, Inc. is an American furniture chain with almost 300 stores across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1932 by two brothers-in-law, Nathan S. Ancell and Theodore Baumritter.
- Ethan Embry
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Person, TV Actor, Topic, Identity
Ethan Philan Randall, known by his stage name Ethan Embry, is an American film and television actor. He is best known for his role as Declan Giggs on the Showtime television series Brotherhood.
- Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Statistical region
Ethan is a town in Davison County, South Dakota, United States. It is part of the Mitchell, South Dakota Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 331 at the 2010 census. Ethan is a small community just 10 miles south of Mitchell.
- Ethan Suplee
- Actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Identity, Influence Node, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor
Ethan Suplee is an American film and television actor best known for his roles as Seth Ryan in American History X, Louie Lastik in Remember the Titans, Frankie in Boy Meets World, Randy Hickey in My Name Is Earl, Toby in The Wolf of Wall Street and...
- Ethan Phillips
- Actor, Influence Node, Theater Actor, Film actor, Person, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Author
Ethan Phillips is an American actor and playwright. He is best known for his television roles on Star Trek: Voyager and Benson.
- Ethan Juan
- Actor, Person, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Film actor, Musical Artist, Topic
Ethan Juan was born on 8 November 1982. He is a Taiwanese actor and model. He is sometimes credited as Juan Ching-Tien or Ruan Jing-Tian. His nicknames include Xiao Tian, Si Xiao Hai, Ruan 7 Tian, Ruan GING Tian. He rose to prominence in the...