Meaning : Help, Of Hebrew origin meaning 'God is help'. The name Ezra is also biblical after 'Ezra the Scribe', who according to the Hebrew Bible returned from Babylonian exile and reintroduced the Torah (the first part of the Hebrew Bible) into Jerusalem., Helpful,
Pronunciation : (EHZ-ra), EZ-rə (English) , AIRZ ra,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ezra:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Ezra:
- The name Ezra is an unusual one and was not used as a first name popularly until the 17th century. Its usage has diminished since. It comes from the Hebrew for ‘Helpful’, and was the name of an author of one of the book in the Old Testament. Although not a well heard of name, it could owe an increase in popularity to Ezra Pound, an American poet.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Ezra is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Ezra is: Help, court'.
- American Meaning: The name Ezra is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ezra is: Help, court'.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Ezra is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ezra is: Help, helper. Famous bearer: Ezra was a 5th century BC religious reformer in the Old Testament; American poet Ezra Pound.
- Means "help" in Hebrew. Ezra is a prophet of the Old Testament and the author of the Book of Ezra. It has been used as a given name in the English-speaking world since the Protestant Reformation. The American poet Ezra Pound (1885-1972) was a famous bearer.
Definition funny of Ezra:
- Ezra: Similar to Chuck Norris but way better.
- Person1: Man, I am feeling so tired & just so discouraged lately.. Person2: Hm, I know just the thing!. Try Ezra!. It'll make you feel happy, & like all is going well.. Ezra is better than drugs.
- A guy with huge hands is an ezra
- GUY #1: Hey dude, have you ever heard of Terraria? OTHER GUY: No, but Ezra talks about it all the time, you should talk to him about it!
- How would I know, I'm like the coolest guy in school.- Ezra
- Holy S*** It's Ezra!!!
- 1. How many Ezra's can you count in the street? Only one, who else would pin a Canadian flag to their backpack!? 2. Hey Ezra, wanna exchange some money? Oh no, they don't take traveller's cheques here!
Expression information Ezra:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Ezra:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Ezra:
- Budapest (Originally Performed By George Ezra) [Instrumental Version] by Radio Remix DJ from the Album Budapest (Originally Performed By George Ezra) [Instrumental Version] - Single
- Ezra by Flume from the Album Flume
- Jessica (feat. Ezra Koenig) by Major Lazer from the Album Free the Universe
- Ezra by Flume from the Album Flume: Deluxe Edition
- Warm Heart Of Africa (Featuring Ezra Koenig) by The Very Best from the Album Warm Heart Of Africa
- Stand by Your Gun (Originally Performed By George Ezra) [Karaoke Version] by CoveredUp from the Album CoveredUp - Chart Backing Tracks Vol. 10 2014
- Carby (featuring Ezra Koenig) by Discovery from the Album LP
- Celeste (Originally Performed By Ezra Vine) [Karaoke Version] by CoveredUp from the Album CoveredUp - Karaoke Chart Hits Vol. 1 2015
- Chanson Pour Ezra (Song For Ezra) by Beausoleil from the Album La Danse De La Vie (US Release)
- Ezra 01 by Bible from the Album KJV Old Testament - King James Version (Dramatized)
Books about Ezra:
- In Covenant with Ezra (Love Unaccounted Book 1) - Aug 31, 2015 by Love Belvin
- Keats's Neighborhood: An Ezra Jack Keats Treasury - Oct 28, 2002 by Ezra Jack Keats
- Exalting Jesus in Ezra-Nehemiah (Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary) - Jun 1, 2014 by James M. Hamilton Jr. and David Platt
- Regards to the Man in the Moon - May 28, 2009 by Ezra Jack Keats
- The Snowy Day - Oct 28, 1976 by Ezra Jack Keats
- Peter's Chair (Picture Puffins) - Aug 1, 1998 by Ezra Jack Keats
- Expositor's Bible: Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther - Dec 18, 2012 by Walter F. (Walter Frederic) Adeney
- World of Reading Star Wars Rebels Ezra and the Pilot: Level 2 - Aug 5, 2014 by Jennifer Heddle
- Ezra-Nehemiah: Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching - Sep 3, 2012 by Mark A. Throntveit
- Ezra and Nehemiah (Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries) - Apr 23, 2009 by Derek Kidner
Movies about Ezra:
- The Taking of Ezra Bodine2014 NR CC
- Ezra2009 NR
- The Ezra Jack Keats Collection2009 NR
- Charlie Rose - Ezra Vogel / Alexander Payne (November 28, 2011)2011 NR
- Ezra Furman & The Harpoons: A Performance at The FADER Sideshow2007 NR
- The Snowy Day & More Ezra Jack Keats Stories2003 NR
- Ezra Jack Keats Library1992 NR by Childrens Circle
- Modern Prophets (Ezra Taft Benson)2003 G by Ezra Taft Benson
- Ezra Jack Keats' The Little Drummer Boy... and 4 More Holiday Stories2006 NR
Wiki information Ezra:
- Man, Person
Ezra, also called Ezra the Scribe and Ezra the Priest in the Book of Ezra, was a Jewish scribe and a priest. According to the Hebrew Bible he returned from the Babylonian exile and reintroduced the Torah in Jerusalem. According to 1 Esdras, a Greek...
- Book of Ezra
- Religious Text, Written Work, Book
The Book of Ezra is a book of the Hebrew Bible. Originally combined with the Book of Nehemiah in a single book of Ezra–Nehemiah, the two became separated in the early centuries of the Christian era. Its subject is the Return to Zion following the...
- Ezra Pound
- Poet, Person Or Being In Fiction, Topic, Lyricist, Author, Person, Composer, Award Winner, Literature Subject, Deceased Person
Ezra Weston Loomis Pound was an expatriate US poet and critic who was a major figure in the early modernist movement. His contribution to poetry began with his development of Imagism, a movement derived from classical Chinese and Japanese poetry,...
- Abraham ibn Ezra
- Rabbi, Name source, Deceased Person, Author, Person, Chess Player
Rabbi Abraham Ben Meir Ibn Ezra was born at Tudela, Navarre in 1089, and died c. 1167, apparently in Calahorra. He was one of the most distinguished Jewish men of letters and writers of the Middle Ages. Ibn Ezra excelled in philosophy,...
- George Ezra
- Blues Artist, Musical Artist, Musician, Composer, Person
George Ezra Barnett is an English singer and songwriter. After releasing two EPs, Did You Hear the Rain? in October 2013 and Cassy O' in March 2014, Ezra rose to prominence with the release of his hit single "Budapest", which reached the top 10 in...
- Ezra Miller
- Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, TV Actor, Person, Award Nominee, Topic
Ezra Matthew Miller is an American actor, known for his roles as Vincent "Vinnie" Rizzo, Jr., in City Island, Elliot Hellman in Another Happy Day, and the title character of We Need to Talk About Kevin. He starred in the teen drama The Perks of Being...
- Ezra Koenig
- Alternative Artist, Award Nominee, Topic, Featured artist, Lyricist, Record Producer, Composer, Person, , Award Winner
Ezra Michael Koenig is an American musician, singer, and songwriter. He is the lead vocalist and guitarist of the indie rock band Vampire Weekend.
- 2 Esdras
- Book, Religious Text, Written Work
2 Esdras is the name of an apocalyptic book in many English versions of the Bible. Its authorship is ascribed to Ezra. It is reckoned among the apocrypha by Catholics, Protestants, and most Eastern Orthodox. Although Second Esdras was preserved in...
- Ezra Levant
- Politician, Identity, Person
Ezra Isaac Levant is a Jewish-Canadian media personality, conservative political activist, lawyer, writer and broadcaster. He is the founder and former publisher of the Western Standard, a former columnist for Sun Media and hosted a daily program on...
- Ezra Klein
- Commentator, Author, Person
Ezra Klein is an American blogger, and liberal columnist. He is most known for his former work as a blogger and columnist for The Washington Post, as well his ongoing work as a contributor to Bloomberg News and MSNBC. He was formerly an associate...