Meaning : God is my Strength, Meaning 'woman of God', 'heroine of God' and 'my strength is God'., God Is My Strength, Man of God,
Pronunciation : GAY bree uhl, ga-bree-EL (French), GAH-bryel (Spanish), GAHP-ree-el (German), GAHB-ree-el (Finnish), GAY-bree-əl (English), GAHP-ryel (Polish) , (GEYBRiyahL),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Gabriel:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Gabriel:
- Gabriel is a name with Hebrew origins. The meaning of the name Gabriel is God is my Strength. In the Bible, Gabriel is an archangel who was God’s messenger. Common nicknames for the name Gabriel include Gabe and Gabey. Famous people with the name Gabriel include rulers (Gabriel II and III of Constantinople), Prince Gabriel Constantinovich of Russia, and Prince Gabriel of Russia. Actors name Gabriel include Gabriel Byrne, Gabriel Braga Nunes, and Gabe Kaplan from television’s 1970s show, Welcome Back Kotter. Gabriel Garcia Marquez is a winner of the Nobel Prize in literature and Gabriel Marcel was a French philosopher. Gabriel Iglesias is a Mexican-American comedian and Gabriel Prosser was a leader of a slave rebellion in the U.S. Fictional characters with the name Gabriel include Gabriel Stokes of The Walking Dead and Gabriel Van Helsing from the movie Van Helsing. Gabriel is a character on Supernatural and also the name of a hero on the television show Heroes. Author Daniel Silva used the name Gabriel Allon for a series of his books about the Israeli Mossad agent. People who like the name Gabriel also like names that are traditional with Hebrew and British origins.
- A biblical name born by archangel Gabriel, who appeared to Daniel according to the Old Testament. Archangel Gabriel announced the impending birth of Christ.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Gabriel is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Gabriel is: God is my strength.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Gabriel is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Gabriel is: God is my strength.
- American Meaning: The name Gabriel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Gabriel is: God is my strength.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Gabriel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Gabriel is: Man of God. God's able-bodied one. Famous bearer: The archangel Gabriel, who appears several times in the Bible.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Gabriel is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Gabriel is: Strength from God.
- Though Gabriel is an important character in Christian, Jewish, and Islamic tradition (he’s the archangel who announces the impending birth of Jesus in the Bible and is said to be the angel who dictated the Koran to Mohammed), the name didn’t become very common in the US until the ’70s. Since then it’s jumped from outside the top 100 into the top 25 -- and looks to still be on its way up. We like the combination of a thoughtful and sensitive full name and a casual but strong nickname (Gabe).
- From the Hebrew name גַבְרִיאֵל (Gavri'el) meaning "God is my strong man". Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition. He appears in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, where he serves as the announcer of the births of John to Zechariah and Jesus to Mary. According to Islamic tradition he was the angel who dictated the Qur'an to Muhammad. This name has been used occasionally in England since the 12th century. It was not common in the English-speaking world until the end of the 20th century.
Definition funny of Gabriel:
- Damn dude, you're such a Gabriel for hooking up with Jessica Alba Thanks you're quite a Gabriel yourself!
- And God Called upon Gabriel with a message for a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to Joseph from the family of King David. The angel greeted Mary and said, "You are truly blessed! The Lord is with you."
- oh Gabriel Oh Oh Oh Man i wish i could be like Gabriel
- Just look at Gabriel right there-I want him as MY man...
- Look at him, hes such a Gabriel. I wish i dated him.
- Example 1: Girl 1: I want him but I can't talk to him! Girl 2: Why? Girl 1: Because he's a gabriel! Example 2: Guy: Let's do drugs! Gabriel: No way man, you'll get addicted and become a fuck head. Guy: Ok. Example 3: Douchebag: Hey Gabriel, you are a fag! Gabriel: Whatever man. At least I don't get boners in gym class. Example 4: Gabriel: Yeah I got signed to a record label! Girl: omg really? i LOVE YOU!
- Gabriel: "Hey wanna go out?" Girl: "..... how old are you?!"
Expression information Gabriel:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Gabriel:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Gabriel:
- Gabriel - Lamb
- Gabriel - Lamb
- Gabriel's Message - Sting
- As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chillout Mix) by Motorcycle from the Album As The Rush Comes
- As the Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chillout Mix) by Motorcycle from the Album As the Rush Comes
- Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone from the Album The Mission: Music From The Motion Picture
- In Your Eyes (Originally by Peter Gabriel) by Vitamin String Quartet from the Album Modern Wedding Collection
- Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Radio Edit) by Andain from the Album Beautiful Things
- The Mission: Gabriel's Oboe by Yo-Yo Ma;Ennio Morricone;Roma Sinfonietta from the Album Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone (Remastered)
- A Perfect Lie (Theme Song) (Gabriel & Dresden Remix) by The Engine Room from the Album Nip/Tuck Original Soundtrack
Books about Gabriel:
- Gabriel: Lord of Regrets (The Lonely Lords) - Sep 3, 2013 by Grace Burrowes
- Gabriel: A Poem - Sep 2, 2014 by Edward Hirsch
- Gabriel (Elven Chronicles series Book 1) - Mar 17, 2012 by M.A. Abraham
- Gabriel: Only one gets out alive - Jan 20, 2015 by Mike Evans and Torchbearer Editing Services
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (Harper Perennial Modern Classics) - Feb 21, 2006 by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Gregory Rabassa
- The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary DIET-FREE Way to Totally Transform Your Body - Dec 30, 2008 by Jon Gabriel
- Visualization for Weight Loss: The Gabriel Method Guide to Using Your Mind to Transform Your Body - Jan 6, 2015 by Jon Gabriel
- Gabriel (The Styclar Saga) - Oct 27, 2015 by Nikki Kelly
- GABRIEL TRILOGY (Phoenix Club Volume 4) - Jul 30, 2014 by CJ Bishop
- The Confessor (Gabriel Allon Novels) - Feb 24, 2004 by Daniel Silva
Movies about Gabriel:
- Gabriel2015 NR CC
- Gabriel2012 R CC
- Gabriel Iglesias...I'm Not Fat, I'm Fluffy2009 NR CC
- Gabriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy2007 CC
- Peter Gabriel - Back To Front Live In London2015 Unrated CC
- Peter Gabriel - Live in Athens 19872015 Unrated CC
- Gabriel Iglesias Presents: Stand-Up Revolution2011
- The Best of Loco Comedy Jam Vol 1 starring George Lopez, Gabriel Iglesias2009 NR
- Inside Genesis The Gabriel Years 1970-19752012 NR
- Gabriel (2007) / Legion (2010) / Priest2012 R
Famous about Gabriel:
- Gabriel - angel
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez - author
- Gabriel Aubry - model
- Gabriel Byrne - actor
- Gabriel Casseus - actor
Wiki information Gabriel:
- Fictional Character, Person Or Being In Fiction, Topic, Film character, Art Subject, Literature Subject
In Abrahamic religions, Gabriel is an angel who typically serves as a messenger sent from God to certain people. In the Bible, Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and New Testaments. In the Old Testament, he appeared to the prophet Daniel,...
- Gabriel García Márquez
- Novelist, Author, Award Nominee, Person, Deceased Person, Film writer, Film actor, Award Winner, Literature Subject, Influence Node
Gabriel José de la Concordia García Márquez was a Colombian novelist, short-story writer, screenwriter and journalist, known affectionately as Gabo or Gabito throughout Latin America. Considered one of the most significant authors of the 20th century...
- Peter Gabriel
- Soft rock Artist, Featured artist, Award Nominee, Lyricist, Social network user, Music video director, Person or entity appearing in film, TV program guest, Identity, Award Winner
Peter Brian Gabriel is an English singer-songwriter, musician and humanitarian activist who rose to fame as the original lead singer and flautist of the progressive rock band Genesis. After leaving Genesis in 1975, Gabriel went on to a successful...
- San Gabriel
- Location, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location, Statistical region, Filming location, City/Town/Village, HUD County Place
San Gabriel is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is named after the Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, founded by Junipero Serra. The city grew outward from the mission and in 1852 became the original township of Los Angeles...
- Juan Gabriel
- Latin pop Artist, Musical Artist, Film actor, Award Winner, Person, Featured artist, Topic, Award Nominee, Film music contributor, Lyricist
Alberto Aguilera Valadez, better known by his stage name Juan Gabriel, is a Mexican singer, songwriter, recording artist, and performer.
- Gabriel Fauré
- Lyricist, Theatrical Composer, Film music contributor, Songwriter, , Composer, Musician, Organization member, Person, Broadcast Artist
Gabriel Urbain Fauré was a French composer, organist, pianist and teacher. He was one of the foremost French composers of his generation, and his musical style influenced many 20th-century composers. Among his best-known works are his Pavane,...
- Ana Gabriel
- Latin pop Artist, TV Actor, Composer, Person, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, , Social network user, Musical Artist, Award Nominee
Ana Gabriel is a Mexican singer and songwriter from Santiago de Comanito, Sinaloa, Mexico. She first sang on the stage at age six, singing "Regalo A Dios" by José Alfredo Jiménez. She moved to Tijuana, Baja California and studied accounting. At age...
- Horror Film, Film, Topic, Netflix Title, Award-Nominated Work
Gabriel is a 2007 Australian action-horror film set in purgatory. It follows the archangel Gabriel's fight to rid purgatory of the evil fallen angels and save the souls of its inhabitants. Gabriel is the first feature directed by Shane Abbess, who...
- Gabriel Iglesias
- Comedian, Influence Node, Film actor, Identity, Musician, Composer, Musical Artist, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Person
Gabriel J. Iglecias, known professionally as Gabriel Iglesias and comically as Fluffy, is an American comedian, actor, writer, producer and voice actor. He is known for his shows I'm Not Fat… I'm Fluffy and Hot & Fluffy. He employs storytelling,...
- Gabriel Byrne
- Actor, Identity, Person, Award Nominee, TV Producer, Person or entity appearing in film, Theater Actor, Celebrity, Influence Node, Award Winner
Gabriel James Byrne is an Irish actor, film director, film producer, writer, cultural ambassador and audiobook narrator. His acting career began in the Focus Theatre before he joined London's Royal Court Theatre in 1979. Byrne's screen debut came in...