Meaning : Milk White, Milk white,
Origin : Greek,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Galatea:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Galatea:
- Greek Meaning: The name Galatea is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Galatea is: White as milk. In mythology Pygmalion fell in love with the statue Galatia and Aphrodite brought her to life for him.
Definition funny of Galatea:
- boy: damnnn who's dat shady gal girl: dat no gal, dats a galatea BOOM!
Expression information Galatea:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Galatea:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.
Songs about Galatea:
- Handel: Happy We! From Acis and Galatea by Robert Shaw/Atlanta Symphony Orchestra from the Album Grand & Glorious: Great Operatic Choruses
- Aci, Galatea e Polifemo, Cantata: Aria: Sforzano a piangere con più dolor (Galatea) by Emmanuelle Haïm/Le Concert D`Astrée/Sandrine Piau/Sara Mingardo/Laurent Naouri from the Album Handel:Aci, Galatea e Polifemo
- Acis & Galatea: "Lo, here my love" (Peter Pears by Philomusica of London, Sir Adrian Boult from the Album Acis & Galatea
- G.F. Handel - Acis and Galatea: Love in her eyes sits playing by London Philharmonic Orchestra, Sir Henry Wood, Heddle Nash from the Album From the First Night of the Proms 1943
- Handel: Acis and Galatea / Act 1 - Love in her eyes sits playing by Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and Robert Tear and Sir Neville Marriner from the Album Handel: Acis & Galatea
- Handel: Acis and Galatea / Act 2 - Help, Galatea! help, ye parent Gods! by Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and Robert Tear and Sir Neville Marriner from the Album Handel: Acis & Galatea
- Handel: Acis and Galatea / Act 2 - His hideous love provokes my rage by Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and Robert Tear and Sir Neville Marriner from the Album Handel: Acis & Galatea
- Handel: Acis and Galatea / Act 2 - Love sounds th'alarm by Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and Robert Tear and Sir Neville Marriner from the Album Handel: Acis & Galatea
- Handel: Acis and Galatea - First Version - Sinfonia by English Baroque Soloists from the Album Handel: Acis and Galatea (2 CDs)
- Handel: Acis and Galatea - Heart, the seat of soft delight by Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and Jill Gomez and Sir Neville Marriner from the Album Handel: Acis & Galatea
Books about Galatea:
- Galatea (Kindle Single) - Aug 13, 2013 by Madeline Miller
- Galatea 2.2: A Novel - Jan 1, 2004 by Richard Powers
- Galatea (Revels Student Editions MUP) - Oct 30, 2012 by John Lyly and Leah Scragg
- Fábula de Polifemo y Galatea (Edición de la Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes) (Spanish Edition) - Nov 16, 2011 by Luis de Góngora
- La Galatea - Jan 1, 2014 by Miguel de Cervantes and Gordon Willoughby James Gyll
- Galatea: Midas: John Lyly (Revels Plays MUP) - Jan 1, 2007 by George K. Hunter and David Bevington
- Galatea - 1953 by James M. Cain
- Galatea in 2-D - Jul 1, 1993 by Aaron Allston
- La Galatea (Letras Hispanicas) (Spanish Edition) - Jun 30, 2004 by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Obras - Colección de Miguel de Cervantes: Biblioteca de Grandes Escritores (Spanish Edition) - Mar 31, 2015 by Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra
Movies about Galatea:
- HANDEL, G.F.: Acis and Galatea (Royal Opera House, 2009)2013 Unrated
- Handel: Acis and Galatea2010 NR
- Acis & Galatea2010 NR
- Man From U.N.C.L.E. - Vol. 4, The Galatea Affair/The Come With Me to the Casbah Affair1964 NR by Joan Collins and Noel Harrison
- Aci Galatea E Poliformo2009 Unrated
- Handel: Aci, Galatea e Polifemo2010 NR
- George Frideric Handel - Acis and Galatea
- Galatea: Film-Ballet by A. Belinsky and D. Bryantzev
Wiki information Galatea:
- Name source, Art Subject
Galatea is a name popularly applied to the statue carved of ivory by Pygmalion of Cyprus, which then came to life, in Greek mythology; in modern English the name usually alludes to that story. Galatea is also the name of Polyphemus's object of desire...
- Star system body, Orbital Relationship, Moon, Celestial Object
Galatea, also known as Neptune VI, is the fourth closest inner satellite of Neptune. It is named after Galatea, one of the Nereids of Greek legend, whom Cyclops Polyphemus was in love with. Galatea was discovered in late July 1989 from the images...
- Painting Artwork, Artwork
The Triumph of Galatea is a fresco completed about 1514 by the Italian painter Raphael for the Villa Farnesina in Rome. The Farnesina was built for the Sienese banker Agostino Chigi, one of the richest men of that age. The Farnese family later...
- Acis and Galatea
- Fictional Character, Opera Character
The story of the love of Acis and the sea-nymph Galatea appears in Ovid's Metamorphoses. There the jealous Cyclops Polyphemus, who also loves Galatea, comes upon them embracing and crushes his rival with a boulder. His destructive passion comes to...
- Interactive fiction Video Game, Award-Nominated Work, Video game, Award-Winning Work
Galatea is an interactive fiction video game by Emily Short featuring a modern rendition of the Greek myth of Galatea, the sculpture of a woman which gained life. It took "Best of Show" in the 2000 IF Art Show and won a XYZZY Award for Best...
- La Galatea
- Fiction Book, Written Work, Book
La Galatea was Miguel de Cervantes’ first book, published in 1585. Under the guise of pastoral characters, it is an examination of love and contains many allusions to contemporary literary figures. It enjoyed a modest success, but was not soon...
- Acis and Galatea
- Opera, Composition
Acis and Galatea is a musical work by George Frideric Handel with an English text by John Gay. The work has been variously described as a serenata, a masque, a pastoral or pastoral opera, a "little opera", an entertainment and in the New Grove...
- Galatea Ranzi
- Actor, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, Topic
Galatea Ranzi is an Italian film, stage and television actress.
- Pygmalion and Galatea
- Play, Written Work
Pygmalion and Galatea, an Original Mythological Comedy is a blank verse play by W. S. Gilbert in three acts based on the Pygmalion story. It opened at the Haymarket Theatre in London on 9 December 1871 and ran for a very successful 184 performances....
- La Fábula de Polifemo y Galatea
- Published Work, Poem, Written Work, Book
La Fábula de Polifemo y Galatea, or simply the Polifemo, is a literary work written by Spanish poet Luis de Góngora y Argote. The poem, though borrowing heavily from prior literary sources of Greek and Roman Antiquity, attempts to go beyond the...