Meaning : Of Welsh origin meaning 'gentle'., Gentle, Spear Rule,
Pronunciation : GA reth, GAR-əth (Welsh, English) , (GAR-eth),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Gareth:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Gareth:
- The name Gareth is of Welsh origin, first seen in the 15th century in Malory's 'Morte d'Arthur', the name is said to mean 'gentle'. Gareth is a name brought to the fore by pop singer Gareth Gates, and a character from sitcom The Office of the same name.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Gareth is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Gareth is: Strong spear.
- Arthurian Legend Meaning: The name Gareth is an Arthurian Legend baby name. In Arthurian Legend the meaning of the name Gareth is: Gentle. Gareth was a knight of the Round Table portrayed in both Sir Thomas Malory's and Tennyson's versions of the Arthurian legend. Also a son of Lot.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Gareth is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Gareth is: Gentle. Modest and brave Sir Gareth was a legendary knight of King Arthur's Round Table.
- Meaning unknown. It first appears in this form in Thomas Malory's 15th-century compilation of Arthurian legends 'Le Morte d'Arthur', in which Gareth was a Knight of the Round Table, the brother of Sir Gawain. Malory based the name on Gahariet, which was the name of a similar Arthurian character in French sources. It may ultimately have a Welsh origin, possibly related to gwaredd meaning "gentleness".
Definition funny of Gareth:
- "Hey Debs, how was that date last night?" "It was great, he made me cum several times and even made me a cuppa in the morning. I've never been so satisfied. He is so hung. That Gareth is a keeper" "Wow, I gotta go get me a Gareth"
- Simon: Hey, is Paul on break? David: Nah, he's doing a Gareth
- Me "Gareth can you make me a cuppa?" Him "Course honey x"
- 'So who you completely mind blowingly over heels in love with this time?' 'Gareth' 'aaaaah understandable'
- 1. Did you see that band last night? Their bassist was a Gareth! 2. Do you know Gareth? Everybody knows Gareth!!!
- "Hey dude, Stop being such a Gareth." Person 1: No Your MOM! Person 2: Why be such a Gareth about it?
- "Who's that dude in the corner? He seems quiet..." "Oh, that's Gareth... he's a cool dude."
Expression information Gareth:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Gareth:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Gareth:
- Gareth Brown Says - Mclusky
- Going Home (Gareth Emery Radio Edit - Armin van Buuren's Intro Mix) by Cosmic Gate and Emma Hewitt from the Album A State Of Trance 2015 (Mixed by Armin van Buuren)
- Metaverse (Gareth Emery Remix) by Orkidea from the Album A Decade of Trance - 2008, Pt. 8
- Tuvan (Gareth Emery Remix) by Gaia from the Album Tuvan
- Perfect Day (Gareth Emery Remix) by Alyna Super8 & Tab from the Album Empire Remixed
- Lonely Girl (Gareth Emery Remix) by Above & Beyond from the Album Sirens of the Sea
- Going Home (Gareth Emery Radio Edit) by Cosmic Gate and Emma Hewitt from the Album Going Home (Gareth Emery Remix)
- Light To Lies (Gareth Emery Mix) by Fabio XB from the Album Trance World, Vol. 8
- Going Home (Gareth Emery Remix) by Cosmic Gate and Emma Hewitt from the Album Going Home (Gareth Emery Remix)
- I Ran (So Far Away) (Gareth Emery Remix) by Darude from the Album I Ran (So Far Away)
Books about Gareth:
- Gareth: A Highlander Romance (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor Book 5) - Aug 20, 2015 by Diane Darcy and L.L. Muir
- Gareth: Lord of Rakes (The Lonely Lords) - Nov 5, 2013 by Grace Burrowes
- Payton: A Highlander Romance (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor Book 4) - Aug 10, 2015 by L.L. Muir and Kelli Ann Morgan
- The Renegade Merchant (A Gareth & Gwen Medieval Mystery) (Volume 7) - Sep 15, 2015 by Sarah Woodbury
- Images of Organization - May 9, 2006 by Gareth Morgan
- Gareth Ogilvie The Great Sea King - Jun 8, 2013 by J W Murison
- Understanding and Managing Organizational Behavior (6th Edition) - Jan 10, 2011 by Jennifer M. George and Gareth R. Jones
- Contemporary Management - Sep 23, 2010 by Gareth Jones and Jennifer George
- Beowulf - Mar 13, 2007 by Gareth Hinds
- Romeo and Juliet - Sep 10, 2013 by Gareth Hinds
Movies about Gareth:
- Chef! - The Complete Series Three2005 NR
- The Raid - Baskin2011 Unrated
- Gareth Malone Goes to Glyndebourne2010
- Edwards,Gareth Monsters2010 Unrated
- Badger Watching With Gareth Mo
- Story of Gareth Edwards
- Aston Villa Fc - Gareth Barry
- Gareth Gates Live2003 NR
- Monsters (Blu-Ray) (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone B2) (2011) Scoot Mcnairy; Whitney Able; Gareth Edwards2010
Wiki information Gareth:
- Gareth Bale
- Soccer Midfielder, Athlete, Football player, Award Winner, Identity, Person, Measured person
Gareth Frank Bale is a Welsh professional footballer who plays as a winger for La Liga club Real Madrid and the Wales national team. Bale began his professional career at Southampton, playing at left-back and earning acclaim as a free kick...
- Fictional Character, Film character, Book Character
Sir Gareth was a Knight of the Round Table in Arthurian legend. He is nicknamed "Beaumains" in Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur. He was the youngest son of Lot and of Morgause, King Arthur's half-sister, thus making him Arthur's nephew, as well...
- Gareth Gates
- Pop Artist, TV Actor, Broadcast Artist, Social network user, Identity, Musical Artist, Ranked item, Person, Award Nominee, Musician
Gareth Paul Gates is an English singer-songwriter. He was the runner-up in the first series of the ITV 'talent show' Pop Idol. Gates has sold over 3.5 million records in the UK. He is also known for having a stutter, and has talked about his speech...
- Gareth Evans
- Professor, Politician, Organization leader, Topic, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Person
Gareth John Evans AC, QC, is an Australian international policymaker and former politician. An academic lawyer and barrister by profession, he represented the Australian Labor Party in the Senate and House of Representatives from 1978 to 1999,...
- Gareth Emery
- Trance Artist, Featured artist, Record Producer, Social network user, Broadcast Artist, Musical Artist, Person, Award Nominee, Composer, Lyricist
Gareth Emery is an English electronic dance music producer and DJ. Since 2006, he has been ranked in DJ Magazine`s annual Top 100 poll, peaking at #7 in 2010.
- Gareth Barry
- Soccer Midfielder, Identity, Person, Football player, Measured person, Athlete
Gareth Barry is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder for Everton. He has made 562 appearances in the Premier League, including 365 for Aston Villa. Barry moved to Aston Villa from Brighton & Hove Albion as a youngster, and spent 12 years...
- Gareth Malone
- Actor, Musical Artist, Conductor, TV Actor, Topic, Musician, Award Nominee, TV Personality, Person
Gareth Edmund Malone OBE is an English choirmaster and broadcaster, self-described as an "animateur, presenter and populariser of choral singing". He is best known for his television appearances in programmes such as The Choir which focus on singing...
- Gareth Thomas
- Measured person, Athlete, Identity, Person
Gareth Thomas, nicknamed "Alfie", is a retired Welsh professional rugby player, who represented Wales in both rugby union and rugby league. With 100 test match appearances he was the most capped Welsh rugby union player until he was overtaken by...
- Gareth Southgate
- Professional Association Football Player, Measured person, Football player, Identity, Athlete, Person, Football team manager
Gareth Southgate is an English football manager and former player. He served as manager of Middlesbrough from June 2006, until he was dismissed in October 2009. He was appointed as manager of the England under-21 team in August 2013. He won the...
- Fictional Character, TV Character
Gareth is a fictional character from the American television series The Walking Dead portrayed by Andrew J. West. Gareth is based on Chris from the comic book series of the same name, according to West himself. Gareth is introduced at the end of...