Meaning : The name Hazel was coined in the 19th century deriving from the word hazel relating to the tree and colour., The Hazel Tree, Hazel tree; light brown,
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : HAY zell, HAY-zəl , (Hay- zal),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Hazel:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Hazel:
- Hazel is a name with English origins. The meaning of the name Hazel is The Hazel Tree. It is also the name of eye colors with brown/green/blue combinations. Famous people named Hazel include Hazel Mae Clark (athlete), Hazel Blears (British politician), and Hazel Mae Gagulada (Canadian sportscaster). Fictional characters named Hazel include Hazel from the 1960s t.v. show and Hazel Grace Lancaster, the main character in the novel and movie, “The Fault in Our Stars.” People who like the name Hazel also like feminine girl names with old-fashioned sounds. They also like boy names with English and Irish origins.
- Hazel is the vocabulary word for the tree that produces light brown nuts. It is also a colour commonly used to describe the feature of light brown eyes.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Hazel is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Hazel is: Commander.
- American Meaning: The name Hazel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Hazel is: Commander.
- English Meaning: The name Hazel is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Hazel is: The hazel tree;nut. A nut-bearing shrub; used since the 9th century, when flower and plant names became fashionable as first names.
- From the English word hazel for the tree or the light brown colour, derived ultimately from Old English hæsel. It was coined as a given name in the 19th century.
Definition funny of Hazel:
- Just when my day seemed precarious, Hazel walked into the room. My heart stopped, I broke into a cold sweat, and my body ached to be embraced by her.
- You are acting so Hazel right now!
- Big, hazel eyes and cold, blue ones.
- I love my Hazel
- I was having a bad day, but then I saw Hazel.
- Person 1: you see her, her names Hazel! Person 2: yeh, she's always with the pretty girls. Person 1: she belongs with them, she just doesn't realise it!
- His eyes were hazel--green, brown, and blue.
Expression information Hazel:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Hazel:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Hazel:
- Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
- Hazel's House - Richard Shindell
- Hooray For Hazel - Tommy Roe
- Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson from the Album Breakaway
- Hooray For Hazel by Tommy Roe from the Album Greatest Hits - The Original ABC Hit Recordings
- Her Hazel Eyes by Lebron from the Album New Era
- The Story Of Hazel Miner by Chuck Suchy from the Album Dakota Breezes
- Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson from the Album Greatest Hits - Chapter One
- Rescue Me (feat Hazel Fernandes) by Full Flava from the Album Music Is Our Way Of Life
- Behind These Hazel Eyes (Joe Bermudez & Josh Harris Mixshow Edit) by Kelly Clarkson from the Album Dance Vault Mixes - Behind These Hazel Eyes
Books about Hazel:
- Everybody Loves Hazel - Nov 4, 2014 by Carla Komar and Nate Irwin
- Hazel's Amazing Mother (Picture Puffins) - Oct 2, 1992 by Rosemary Wells
- Charming my Best Friend (Fated Series Book 2) - May 26, 2015 by Hazel Kelly
- Keeping my Best Friend (Fated Series Book 5) - Jun 16, 2015 by Hazel Kelly
- Hazel Wide Awake - Jul 23, 2014 by Tinka Ellington-Hooper and Three Monkeys Publishing
- Tempted by the Boss (Tempted Series Book 1) - Dec 8, 2014 by Hazel Kelly
- Woody, Hazel, and Little Pip: Mini Edition - Mar 1, 2010 by Elsa Beskow
- Falling for my Best Friend (Fated Series Book 1) - May 19, 2015 by Hazel Kelly
- Richard: Caveman Instinct --- Gypsy Curse Book 2 - Aug 28, 2015 by Hazel Gower and Rogena Mitchell-Jones
- Don't Blame Hazel! - May 30, 2014 by R. G. Frazia
Movies about Hazel:
- Hazel: Season 32012 NR
- Hazel: Season 22012 NR
- Hazel: The Final Season2014 NR
- Hazel: Season 41961 NR
- Hazel - The Complete First Season1961 NR
- Sister Hazel - A Life in the Day2004 NR
- Hazel's People2014
- Kelly Clarkson: Behind Hazel Eyes2005 NR
- Frankie and Hazel2000 G
- Spey Fishing Steelhead with John Hazel2005 NR
Wiki information Hazel:
- Biological Genus, Organism Classification
The hazel is a genus of deciduous trees and large shrubs native to the temperate Northern Hemisphere. The genus is usually placed in the birch family Betulaceae, though some botanists split the hazels into a separate family Corylaceae. The fruit of...
- Biological Genus, Drug, Organism Classification, Medical Treatment, Drug ingredient
Witch-hazel is a genus of flowering plants in the family Hamamelidaceae, with three species in North America, and one each in Japan and China. The North American species are occasionally called winterbloom.
- Corylus avellana
- Biological Species, Organism Classification
Corylus avellana, the common hazel, is a species of hazel native to Europe and western Asia, from the British Isles south to Iberia, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus, north to central Scandinavia, and east to the central Ural Mountains, the Caucasus, and...
- Nut, Ingredient, Food, Drug ingredient
Hazelnut is the nut of the hazel and therefore includes any of the nuts deriving from species of the genus Corylus, especially the nuts of the species Corylus avellana. It is also known as cobnut or filbert nut according to species. A cob is roughly...
- Hazel dormouse
- Biological Species, Organism Classification
The hazel dormouse or common dormouse is a small mammal and the only living species in the genus Muscardinus. It is 6 to 9 cm long with a tail of 5.7 to 7.5 cm. It weighs 17 to 20 g, although this increases to 30 to 40 grams just before hibernation....
- City/Town/Village, HUD Foreclosure Area, HUD County Place, Location, Statistical region, Dated location
Hazel is a 6th-class city in Calloway County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 410 at the 2010 census.
- Eddie Hazel
- Psychedelic soul Artist, Musical Artist, Musician, Deceased Person, Composer, Guitarist, Person, Featured artist, Ranked item
Edward Earl "Eddie" Hazel was an American guitarist in early funk music in the United States who played lead guitar with Parliament-Funkadelic. Hazel was a posthumous inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted in 1997 with fifteen other...
- City/Town/Village, HUD County Place, Location, Statistical region, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area
Hazel is a town in Hamlin County, South Dakota, United States. It is part of the Watertown, South Dakota Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 91 at the 2010 census.
- TV Sitcom, TV Program, Topic, Award-Nominated Work, Netflix Title, Award-Winning Work
Hazel is an American sitcom about a fictional live-in maid named Hazel Burke and her employers, the Baxters. The five-season, 154-episode series aired in primetime from September 28, 1961, to April 11, 1966, and was produced by Screen Gems. The show...
- Hazel grouse
- Organism Classification
The hazel grouse or hazel hen is one of the smaller members of the grouse family of birds. It is a sedentary species, breeding across northern Eurasia as far east as Hokkaido, and as far west as central and eastern Europe, in dense, damp, mixed...