Meaning : Army Bright, Army bright, Famous soldier,
Pronunciation : HUR-bərt (English), er-BER (French), HER-bert (Polish) , HER bert,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Herbert:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Herbert:
- The name Herbert is derived from the Germanic words "hari" and "berht" meaning "solider".
- German Meaning: The name Herbert is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Herbert is: Illustrious warrior. Army. Bright. Introduced into Britain during the Norman Conquest. Famous Bearer: American president Herbert C. Hoover.
- American Meaning: The name Herbert is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Herbert is: Illustrious warrior. Army. Bright. Introduced into Britain during the Norman Conquest. Famous Bearer: American president Herbert C. Hoover.
- French Meaning: The name Herbert is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Herbert is: Illustrious warrior.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Herbert is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Herbert is: King Henry IV, Part 1' Sir Walter Blunt. 'Henry VI, Part 2' Walter Whitmore. 'King Richard III' Sir Walter Herbert.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Herbert is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Herbert is: Intelligent warrior.
- Derived from the Germanic elements hari "army" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to England, where it replaced an Old English cognate Herebeorht. In the course of the Middle Ages it became rare, but it was revived in the 19th century.
Definition funny of Herbert:
- "Oh sounds like Herbert is having a blast!" "Come on man, its Herbert, of course he's smart." "Herbert is always acting silly." "Ya Herbert always has creative imagination."
- Herberts born in the early 70's and residing in the DC Metro area.
- Fans of "Star Trek" may recall the episode in which Captain Kirk was called a 'Herbert' by the "Space Hippies", much to his chagrin. Most believe this episode marks the point at which the series Jumped the Shark. Kirk: What does 'Herbert' mean? Spock: It is, um, somewhat, uh, uncomplimentary, Captain. Herbert was a minor official...notorious for his rigid and limited...patterns of thought. Kirk: Well, I shall try to be less rigid in my thinking.
- I went to the Specials show and had a great time until a Herbert spilled his beer on me.
- Herbert is my favorite character on Family Guy, after Stewie Griffin of course!
- "What's that?" Oh it's Herbert, his nipples are in the way...
- You. are. such. A. Herbert.
Expression information Herbert:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Herbert:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Herbert:
- We'd Like to Thank You Herbert Hoover by Musical Creations Studio Musicians (Karaoke) from the Album Karaoke - Hits from 'Annie'
- Herbert Harper's Free Press News by Lucky Peterson from the Album Black Midnight Sun
- Dawn Of The Dead: The Gonk (Herbert Chappell) by Dominik Hauser, Roy Wiegand from the Album Dawn of The Dead : "The Gonk" (Herbert Chappell)
- Like as the hart (feat. Herbert Howells) by Magdalen College Choir & John Harper from the Album The English Anthem Anthology, Volume II (1886-1988)
- Holding Back (My Love) [Pete Herbert & Dicky Trisco Version] by Tensnake from the Album In The End (Remixes)
- "The Gonk" As Heard In "Dawn Of The Dead" Composed By Herbert Chappell (feat. Roy Wiegand) by Dominik Hauser from the Album "The Gonk" As Heard In "Dawn Of The Dead" Composed By Herbert Chappell (feat. Roy Wiegand)
- The Great Victor Herbert: Kiss Me Again by Allan Jones from the Album The Great Victor Herbert/Beyond The Blue Horizon
- Herbert: The Enchantress - original smith - Art is calling for me by Kiri Te Kanawa and London Symphony Orchestra and Stephen Barlow from the Album Kiri - A Portrait (2 CDs)
- Brother Where Are You (Matthew Herbert Remix) by Jr. Matthew Herbert and Oscar Brown from the Album Verve Remixed 2
- Herbert The Pervert by Infected Mushroom from the Album Legend Of The Black Shawarma
Books about Herbert:
- Dune - Sep 1, 1990 by Frank Herbert
- Dune Messiah (The Dune Chronicles, Book 2) - Jul 15, 1987 by Frank Herbert
- Mentats of Dune - Feb 3, 2015 by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
- Chapterhouse: Dune (Dune Chronicles, Book 6) - Jul 1, 1987 by Frank Herbert
- Sisterhood of Dune - Dec 24, 2012 by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
- Losing Our Way: An Intimate Portrait of a Troubled America - Jul 7, 2015 by Bob Herbert
- Missing Link - Mar 24, 2011 by Frank Herbert
- Impressionism: Art, Leisure, and Parisian Society - Jul 24, 1991 by Robert L. Herbert
- Shakes - Jun 9, 2015 by Herbert
- Tales of Dune - Jun 12, 2011 by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
Movies about Herbert:
- Frank Herbert's Children of Dune: Sci-Fi TV Miniseries2003 NR
- Herbert Nitsch2013 NR CC
- Great Chefs of Austria Chef Herbert Danzer Do & Co Akademiestrasse - Vienna2009 NR CC
- Herbert von Karajan - His Legacy for Home Video: The New Year's Concert 19871987 NR
- Children of Dune - 2-DVD Set Unrated
- Frank Herbert's Dune2000 Unrated
- Herbert Von Karajan - His Legacy for Home Video - Mozart - Don Giovanni1984 NR
- The Visual Language of Herbert Matter2011 Unrated
- Beethoven - The Symphonies Boxset / Herbert von Karajan, Gundula Janowitz, Christa Ludwig, Jess Thomas, Walter...2005 NR
- Landslide - A Portrait of President Herbert Hoover2009 NR
Wiki information Herbert:
- Herbert Hoover
- Person or entity appearing in film, Author, Influence Node, Political Appointer, Topic, Film actor, Appointer, Deceased Person, US President, Person
Herbert Clark Hoover was the 31st President of the United States. He was a professional mining engineer and was raised as a Quaker. A Republican, Hoover served as head of the U.S. Food Administration during World War I, and became internationally...
- Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener
- Deceased Person, Disaster victim, Politician, Name source, Literature Subject, Organization member, Person, Chivalric Order Member, Military Person, Military Commander
Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC was a senior British Army officer and colonial administrator who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early...
- Microhouse Artist, Topic, Composer, Theatrical Composer, Film music contributor, Person, Theater Designer, Recording Engineer, Musician, Author
Matthew Herbert, also known as Herbert, Doctor Rockit, Radio Boy, Mr. Vertigo, Transformer, and Wishmountain, is a British electronic musician. He often takes sounds from everyday items to produce electronic music.
- Herbert Plumer, 1st Viscount Plumer
- Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person, Military Person, Person, Military Commander, Politician
Field Marshal Herbert Charles Onslow Plumer, 1st Viscount Plumer, GCB GCMG GCVO GBE was a senior British Army officer of the First World War. After commanding V Corps at the Second Battle of Ypres in April 1915, he took command of the Second Army in...
- Film character, TV Character, Fictional Character
John Herbert is a fictional character in the animated television series Family Guy. His first name, John, was finally revealed in the episode entitled "Valentine's Day in Quahog". He is voiced by Mike Henry, who created and designed the character....
- Herbert Samuel, 1st Viscount Samuel
- Award Nominee, Chivalric Order Member, Politician, Deceased Person, Person
Herbert Louis Samuel, 1st Viscount Samuel, GCB, OM, GBE, PC was a British Liberal politician who was the party leader from 1931-35. He was the first nominally practising Jew to serve as a Cabinet minister and to become the leader of a major British...
- Herbert A. Simon
- Economist, Person, Academic, Programming Language Developer, Award Winner, Influence Node, Software Developer, Identity, Author, Deceased Person
Herbert Alexander Simon, a Nobel laureate, was an American political scientist, economist, sociologist, psychologist, and computer scientist whose research ranged across the fields of cognitive psychology, cognitive science, computer science, public...
- Frank Herbert
- Novelist, Topic, Identity, Visual Artist, Fictional universe creator, Fictional Character Creator, Author, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Hall of fame inductee
Frank Patrick Herbert, Jr. was an American science fiction writer best known for the novel Dune and its five sequels. Though he became famous for science fiction, he was also a newspaper journalist, photographer, short story writer, book reviewer,...
- Herbert Spencer
- Philosopher, Award Nominee, Person, Deceased Person, Author, Identity, Influence Node
Herbert Spencer was an English philosopher, biologist, anthropologist, sociologist, and prominent classical liberal political theorist of the Victorian era. Spencer developed an all-embracing conception of evolution as the progressive development of...
- H. H. Asquith
- Author, Chivalric Order Member, Organization member, Political Appointer, Deceased Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Person, Politician, Topic
Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith, KG, KC, PC, served as the Liberal Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1908 to 1916. Until 5 January 1988, he had been the longest continuously serving Prime Minister in the 20th century. As...